Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

"Mega" Pokemon.

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+16
Agent Blue
MC Bonez
JudgmentDuelist
D
BlackWarGreymon
BliTz
tavo
Naito Raizu
! High Dutchman Gianus
Zeox
Nuran
DefinitelyNotXrai
Salader
Fillian
Linda-Senpai
Heatnix
20 posters

description"Mega" Pokemon. - Page 2 Empty"Mega" Pokemon.

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

In case someone missed the announcement this morning, in Pokemon X and Y, some pokemon can turn into "mega", with the added prefix into their names. The way they digivol-- I mean, evolve into mega is not certain yet, and if it's temporal (and when they end they go back to first stage?) or permanent is not known either. Here's a screenshot:

"Mega" Pokemon. - Page 2 Corocoro8132

So far those 6 are the "mega" ones.

My guess is that they evolve when there's a strong bond with the trainer and they also have a pokedex infused with special powers and a crest of energy etc.

Blaziken pokevolve to... MEGABLAZIKEN! (missiles shoot everywhere and the ground splits in two).

Please, continue with the digimon jokes.

UPDATE: To add to this it has been revealed that they need a "megastone" to evolve, and that the evolution is in battle only and temporary.

Last edited by Heatnix on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total

description"Mega" Pokemon. - Page 2 EmptyRe: "Mega" Pokemon.

more_horiz
Heatnix wrote:
Well we can't really tell the pattern they'll use to choose which ones will go "mega". Their 6 choices are very peculiar, they have one of each gen cept gen 5, they have a starter final evolution, one that doesn't evolve, a legendary, a second stage evolution and they don't have any elemental pattern, so really I can't tell what kind of guideline they have to pick those that will go "Mega". We can just wait and hope the ones we like do, since not all of them will be able to.
Well it's possible -- unlikely, but possible -- that all of them can (Unless I missed part of the announcement that said otherwise, which is fully possible). That's my personal theory, anyway. Depending on what going Mega does, it might be easy to do so.

As for the people complaining about how it's now turned into digimon and how pokemon has officially run out of ideas, I'll say the same thing I said when people made the exact same complaints at Gen 5's announcement: wait and see. We know almost nothing about Mega Pokemon, and they may turn out to be nothing like that.

Heck, half the fun with these announcements is speculation. So let's speculate! What sort of crazy stuff could they do with this, beyond what we've already seen?

Though I can't help but wonder about the fact that, since it's an item, it can't be conventionally used in multiplayer battles. Does this mean it's a hold item? Will there be a battle mode that allows item use? Is Mega Form just so broken that they decided to make it inaccessible in wi-fi?

more_horiz

Just a vid here for those who are really excited about it.

more_horiz
Agent Blue wrote:
Heatnix wrote:
Well we can't really tell the pattern they'll use to choose which ones will go "mega". Their 6 choices are very peculiar, they have one of each gen cept gen 5, they have a starter final evolution, one that doesn't evolve, a legendary, a second stage evolution and they don't have any elemental pattern, so really I can't tell what kind of guideline they have to pick those that will go "Mega". We can just wait and hope the ones we like do, since not all of them will be able to.
Well it's possible -- unlikely, but possible -- that all of them can (Unless I missed part of the announcement that said otherwise, which is fully possible). That's my personal theory, anyway. Depending on what going Mega does, it might be easy to do so.

As for the people complaining about how it's now turned into digimon and how pokemon has officially run out of ideas, I'll say the same thing I said when people made the exact same complaints at Gen 5's announcement: wait and see. We know almost nothing about Mega Pokemon, and they may turn out to be nothing like that.

Heck, half the fun with these announcements is speculation. So let's speculate! What sort of crazy stuff could they do with this, beyond what we've already seen?

Though I can't help but wonder about the fact that, since it's an item, it can't be conventionally used in multiplayer battles. Does this mean it's a hold item? Will there be a battle mode that allows item use? Is Mega Form just so broken that they decided to make it inaccessible in wi-fi?

I don't think every pokemon will have mega evolution. Maybe 10 idk. And it's confirmed that those stones will be hold items and evolution will be only available during battle. I heard that learning mega evolution is much harder and you need to go in some kind of tower in a City with female blonde Leader. I know that you can get special Torchic, so when game relases, he will have Blazikenite and will have something like speed boost ability. It's possible that you can get those stones only when it's event for that pokemon.

more_horiz
Hey, the video I just posted says it "Some" can turn to mega, only.

more_horiz
[quote="BlackWarGreymon"]Yap, they took everything from digimon  [/quote]Actually, years ago in the generation 3 digimon anime (you know, the one with the cards that they scanned) they actually stole off pokemon
[img]http://digipedia.db-destiny.net/encyc/images/kyubimon.jpg[/img][img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/0/05/038Ninetales.png/226px-038Ninetales.png[/img]
And that's just to start with, so basically, they are stealing off each other

The only thing I'll say is that Mega Mewtwo is just a Psychic Super Buu

more_horiz
demy don't necropost it takes precious time away from a mod/admin's day to tell you not to
Note: I'm not one of the staff I'm just telling you this so they can use their time doing better things than giving warnings for something like this

Last edited by MC Bonez on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the sidenote)

more_horiz
Bonez by doing this you just mini-modded which is bad to. So please never do that again.

more_horiz
Let's all be cool here. It barely is necro posting by merely 2 days, but I made this topic and I'm bumping it with some new info, which is the starter 3 Mega Evolution so that's relevant info, so according to rule 2.4 it's all good now. Let's just forget about it.

more_horiz
So... Charizard gets an extra horn, Venusaur's leaves get extended and Blastoise's two canons get moved from his shoulders to his wrists and gets a third even bigger canon on his back...
I really do love pokemon and all, but the makers could have been just a tad more creative with these guys. Like, the other six megas that have been released so far have had some really interesting transformations but COME ON! These three are the originals! They should be FAR more awesome than what has been shown so far. Oh well... I guess you can't complain with what's already been done... Sad

more_horiz
A second Mega Mewtwo and Mega Garchomp, as if it needed to be stronger.

"Mega" Pokemon. - Page 2 Corocoro9133

"Mega" Pokemon. - Page 2 Corocoro9134

more_horiz
Mega evolutions do have the potential to be good though. It just depends on how they merge them into the gameplay.

more_horiz
I like this Mewtwo

Don't necropost :D

more_horiz
copied again

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/02/this-is-what-mega-charizard-looks-like-in-pokemon-x-y

more_horiz
oh well i'll just action replay a million megastones ^^

more_horiz
There's 2 Mega Charizard? Yikes.

more_horiz
Do you think that they'll make second megas for all of the mega evolutions?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply