Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

"Mega" Pokemon.

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+16
Agent Blue
MC Bonez
JudgmentDuelist
D
BlackWarGreymon
BliTz
tavo
Naito Raizu
! High Dutchman Gianus
Zeox
Nuran
DefinitelyNotXrai
Salader
Fillian
Linda-Senpai
Heatnix
20 posters

description"Mega" Pokemon. Empty"Mega" Pokemon.

more_horiz
In case someone missed the announcement this morning, in Pokemon X and Y, some pokemon can turn into "mega", with the added prefix into their names. The way they digivol-- I mean, evolve into mega is not certain yet, and if it's temporal (and when they end they go back to first stage?) or permanent is not known either. Here's a screenshot:

"Mega" Pokemon. Corocoro8132

So far those 6 are the "mega" ones.

My guess is that they evolve when there's a strong bond with the trainer and they also have a pokedex infused with special powers and a crest of energy etc.

Blaziken pokevolve to... MEGABLAZIKEN! (missiles shoot everywhere and the ground splits in two).

Please, continue with the digimon jokes.

UPDATE: To add to this it has been revealed that they need a "megastone" to evolve, and that the evolution is in battle only and temporary.

Last edited by Heatnix on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total

description"Mega" Pokemon. EmptyRe: "Mega" Pokemon.

more_horiz
needs more Mega Shuckle

more_horiz
pure_wiN wrote:
needs more Mega Shuckle

more_horiz
Maybe they'll get pokecrests to help them Pokevolve...

more_horiz
Looks badass. Not bad actually. My MewTwo won't have to look derpy though. :D

more_horiz
Wtf happen to Pokemon. Sad 

more_horiz
Weed

more_horiz
Nuran wrote:

It keeps getting better, thats what.

more_horiz
Here's a quick sketch of a possible Megacharizard:

"Mega" Pokemon. Megacharizard

And don't get me started on Pikachu... cause it will happen. There WILL be a mega pikachu instead of mega raichu. And it will be a big thing in the anime and whatnot.

"Mega" Pokemon. Warpikachu

more_horiz
Nuran wrote:

The same as what is happening to Yu-Gi-Oh..

At least we all still have Dragon Ba... Wait wha? The Super Sayans can turn into Robo Saya..?
WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

more_horiz
Every really long standing series eventually becomes a Bakugan. XP

more_horiz
Ok I could see absol and mawhile evolving as they dont have an evolution, but no need for ampharos or blaziken stage 4 pokemon? Now thats just stupid they have officially run of ideas and are stealing ideas from digimon

more_horiz
Also what a lame design for Ampharos It just grows hair?

more_horiz
Tavo please refrain from double posting. Edit your post if you need to add to it.

And yes, it grows a mullet to be more precise.

more_horiz
"Mega" Pokemon. E35

Mega shuckle. Shit just got real!

more_horiz
To add to this it has been revealed that they need a "megastone" to evolve, and that the evolution is in battle only and temporary.

more_horiz
Don't you dare... >.>

Yup, this is totally Digimon. .-.

Goodbye Pokemon. It was nice knowing you.

more_horiz
Nuran wrote:

well it started with diamond and pearl where they introduced this wierd unattractive female companion named after the dish soap. yes that's right it is dawn. okay fine pokemon was never great at names but this one had bearly any presence at all, only job was to narrate whats obvious and act scared most, if not all the time.

Apart from that the Legendary pokemon were mostly boring except for darkrai and giratina. It lost most of its genuine comedy. however Paul was a great character and it had nice new evols of older and atleast decent new pokemon so it was still kinda salvageable.

Black and White is where they hit rock bottom. Ash the wise experienced veteran now comes in the form of a completely clueless jeuvenile. female companion is a thick blue hair tarzan. The unevolved pokemon are multicolored doodles at best. Oh and the dialogue is written exclusively by Dora the explorer making it impossible to watch or listen.

Hopefully that gives a detailed answer to your post Nuran! Smile

more_horiz
lol Blitz knows!

more_horiz
I would've written a more detailed chronologically accurate state of events that lead to the downfall of the mighty Pokemon empire but that would've been too much for you mortals to bear :D,

but yea pokemon was roughly my entire childhood so it was really frustrating when all this happened but alas we shall move on

more_horiz
....Who the hell invited mephiles the dark into the forum. And what you mean mortal, I erased u from time, now u aint even mortal, let alone immortal.

And I think the mega pokemon are phat

more_horiz
BliTz wrote:
Nuran wrote:
well it started with diamond and pearl where they introduced this wierd unattractive female companion named after the dish soap. yes that's right it is dawn. okay fine pokemon was never great at names but this one had bearly any presence at all, only job was to narrate whats obvious and act scared most, if not all the time.

Apart from that the Legendary pokemon were mostly boring except for darkrai and giratina. It lost most of its genuine comedy. however Paul was a great character and it had nice new evols of older and atleast decent new pokemon so it was still kinda salvageable.

Black and White is where they hit rock bottom. Ash the wise experienced veteran now comes in the form of a completely clueless jeuvenile. female companion is a thick blue hair tarzan. The unevolved pokemon are multicolored doodles at best. Oh and the dialogue is written exclusively by Dora the explorer making it impossible to watch or listen.

Hopefully that gives a detailed answer to your post Nuran! Smile

Gen 5 gave us the gift of N.

more_horiz
hopefully we got a receipt for that gift.

more_horiz
Yap, they took everything from digimon
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/398/09-057.0/compressed/57_15.jpg?v=11213840682
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/398/09-057.0/compressed/57_17_18.jpg?v=11213840682

Lucario looks good though, and absol (shame it isn't a normal evolution)

more_horiz
Absol looks great. I love the ying yang design going on in his face. Blaziken looks pretty good too. Ampharos... only grew a mullet, so I don't know about that one.

more_horiz
I don't know how should I feel about Mega Evolution as an evolution method..... I just know Absol looks badass and majestic and that I'll use it in my team *_* and Blaziken became more badass *_*....Lucario is pretty cool too

I say: why not , pokemon x and y is already the best pokemon game to me and I know red/blue is classic and all, but cmon xD

*hoping for Arcanine and Scizor mega evo*

more_horiz
Well we can't really tell the pattern they'll use to choose which ones will go "mega". Their 6 choices are very peculiar, they have one of each gen cept gen 5, they have a starter final evolution, one that doesn't evolve, a legendary, a second stage evolution and they don't have any elemental pattern, so really I can't tell what kind of guideline they have to pick those that will go "Mega". We can just wait and hope the ones we like do, since not all of them will be able to.

more_horiz
Zeox wrote:
hopefully we got a receipt for that gift.

We did, but when I tried returning it, they wouldn't let me.

They said "No refunds" T-T

more_horiz
Now, the thing I am waiting for is DNA fusion!

more_horiz
wow now I think I can make that Pokémon deck on the Yugioh card maker

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply