Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

3 New Moderator spots are available!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+13
BlackWarGreymon
Frisky Badger
Salader
Skitoritto
Anzo
Heatnix
Whatup Nab
Endless Sorcerer
Linda-Senpai
Gremlin
DefinitelyNotXrai
mr.username
Amy Kool
17 posters

description3 New Moderator spots are available! Empty3 New Moderator spots are available!

more_horiz
We need 3 new moderators.

Moderator Duties wrote:
Moderators have all forum moderating privileges like editing, locking, unlocking, deletion, moving, splitting, merging. They monitor things going on in Duel Academy, giving support to members, solving issues between members, answer questions asked by the members, solve issues in YGO area too if needed. More important job is to keep the site's modules fully functional. These include: Taking care of Battle and Shadow Arena frequently, transferring Duel Points, updating DA League, updating Question for DA Quiz and taking care of the answers, monitoring Classroom Lessons to help Teachers in transferring DPs and locking topics, taking care of Testing system, but are not limited to only these. For all other activities of the same nature, they are responsible as well.

The other activities include, learning how to post a Pro Decklist and how to manage sing ups and those things. This you will learn from the expert in that area BlackWarGraymon. You are responsible to ask for help yourself, no one is gonna serve anything for you in staff. Also, we got Live tournaments which we want to host daily as before, recently they are poorly hosted. We got many Dice events and we want em all updated with DP transfering and locking as fast as possible, along with League. How to update League, you will learn from other mods and admins. Not updating League and Dice events because someone else already updated it is no excuse. You will hunt the time for it and try to be fast. Only like that Moderators will not have problems with updating. If everyone is rushing and trying to catch even one topic that is not updated, then all mods will have a lot of free time anyway since there will be no 20 topics to update then.

Remember, we hire you for high volunteer work. If you are not capable of doing it all without complaints, then don't apply. Many people here like to think Moderators are ones with powers, while all the staff is here working freely for other members to have fun and keep the site entertaining. So, there is no need to put any staff position in some heights, because it is not right.

Also, if you apply, you promise us that you will not involve yourself in argues in the forum and chat, as mod we demand maturity from you and stopping problems, not spicing them up. Remember, every argue you are apart of, is your weakness and failure.

In your application answer the following question with arguments:

"Why should we hire exactly you as a Moderator before someone else?"

Your DA history plays the key role in this answer.

description3 New Moderator spots are available! EmptyRe: 3 New Moderator spots are available!

more_horiz
You should hire me as a mod because i have experince of being an admin / mod before 
if i am a mod ill behave respectfully to others from now on i will know when to stop arguements 
in the chat my speciality is mostly aim in the chatbox ill discipline other members following 
the rules i will be a very great mod ill know how to handel situations in the chat and be 
cheerful and nice to everyone. 
to sum it all up ill be a very good and promising moderator 
so please pick me.

My DA history i was actually a member here before wheni ws looking through academies trying to find one that was sutiable for i actually forgot my username and password for the site lolzy but doesnt matter now anyway.
People like to think of me as a very funny and cheerful guy that enlightens the chatbox

so please pick me mr.username Smile

description3 New Moderator spots are available! EmptyRe: 3 New Moderator spots are available!

more_horiz
Q: Why should you guys hire me as a Moderator before someone else?"

A:  I've seen quite a few applications with single paragraphed answers.  I, however, have quite a few reasons to why I should be hired as a Moderator on this forum over the other applicants.

I have lots of experience dealing with members of this academy.
As a member with a half-year of activity, it is safe to say that I know many of the active members around.  This excludes returning members from before I returned to the academy.  I'm not one to start a fuss in the DA chat, or start a fuse in a topic.

My English is superior to many others.
I'm actually the one in thousands of teenagers to type in complete sentences.  Many members will be able to understand what I attempt to communicate among members.  This also means I am considered a rare breed and a valuable to collect.  Of course, I'm kidding.

I have no life.
Again, I am kidding.  But I do spend a lot of my time here (sadly) for my 13th year alive as a male, allowing me to over-watch the forum like a hawk.

I have attempted many activities, mainly recreation.
In other words, I am able to give advice and connect to many different areas and interest of students and staff.  

Maturity is one of my natural characteristics. 
Harassment and constant annoyance is quite common in my daily life, which made me very tolerable with such things.  I am a very straight-to-the-point person, and will either ignore most of this or distribute punishments accordingly.  

Well, there's my application.  Obviously not as good as Heatnix's, but I'm still young.  Hire me, and I'll pull the ropes.

Last edited by XraishionX on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
you should hire me because I have nothing better to do so why not

also I am a pretty great person, women love me and men want to be me, I'm pretty much perfect in most ways and all the ways I'm not perfect don't really matter I think I just made your choice easier you're welcome

more_horiz
Why should you hire me? For starts, I am arguably the most active member in the entire academy. I have experience as a mod from other forums. I've been both Teacher and Assistant here. Due to my high activity, I can make sure that things such as Lives, The Quiz, and Supreme King stay actively hosted, as well as constantly keeping the League updated. I'm also practically always in the chatbox, so you can trust me to keep that in order.

more_horiz
Rai this is for mod applications not teachers. Razz

more_horiz
You should hire me cause I was assistant and a pretty good one at that. Uhm I went inactive but now that its summer I have a lot of free time and I am actually active again. Razz Plus I use cyan in most of my posts and we all love cyan.

more_horiz
Heat's Application:

There's a good number of reasons why I'm applying to this position, but vanity and wish for an orange color in my name aside (I believe my name would look killer in orange), I'll post the simplest and most important ones:

For starters, I'm a known member of this website. Not the most popular, not a lurker either, but I've been around. I have a descent post count and I passed the Slifer test of dropping the academy a week after joining. I also passed *the test* to Ra yellow (and may I add with a perfect score (1st test)), which should prove my commitment to this academy and my wish for it to be successful and follow it's rules. After all, I could've stayed Slifer forever and just hang around.

Another good reason is that I have refrain myself from trolling. A lot. Just like several other people have stated, this is a "trolling" forum, where people just go about messing around with each other and whatnot, but I still keep myself away from that (with some harmless exceptions) trying hard, really hard, to be helpful and keep a level of class going and well manners to make people feel welcome. I mean, not everything can be trolling, sometimes people just want to post important stuff or topics or discuss something seriously without having people posting crap or cussing.

Here's another one. I've a level of professionalism to answer inquiries in a way people would understand and not something like "clik ovr dere u nab lawl".

I am able to guide with both a respecting and understanding matter or pull the iron fist and use it when needed. Sometimes there's no other way to fix things but using the iron fist to keep the place in order. I'd rather not use it, but when necessary I will.

Next one sounds cliche, and sounds like something we'd get from a resume, but I'm a team player. I've worked in plenty of teams, both as a leader and as an asset, working on different projects and different positions. The goal in mind, of course, is to make the team work like a well oiled machine regardless of what position I am on. I know this will be crucial for the forums, for one's single opinion can't rule every decision. Advice and suggestions must be asked and heard.

Other qualifications also include my knowledge of several matters not just Yu Gi Oh related. These include video games, art of all shapes (music, graphics, drawing, 3D, sculpting with clay or cake (yum)), music (although I would rather avoid this one. I've learned that music topics always end up bad) and body building.

I want to say I'm multilingual, but with google translate it doesn't seem to matter much anymore. Besides, very few people join with 0 knowledge of the English language, so it doesn't matter as much but still wanted to add it.

To make this short, I'll post some extras here without long explanations:

* Bachelor's Degree in Game Art and Design
* Good organization skills (check my GFX shop)
* Not involved in drama (maybe once or twice but nothing too big)

And the most important one: I'm a freelance. I have ALL the time in the world. I can be here every day and at night to attend to mod duties for a yet unknown amount of time. I'm always working on freelance jobs, but I work at home and in my computer, so I really have the time to be here when others can't when vacations are over.

I am, however, applying here and there for jobs. Jobs that once in would consume at least 10 hours of my day. If needed, I would push to be as efficient as possible here, but if necessary (and if I do get the mod position before a stable job) I would resign on the spot and allow someone else to step in. That, of course, if I'm completely unable to be a functional mod, IF I get the position IF I get a full time job. Sounds like a lot of ifs, but I had to clear it out.

Now, to end my application, I want to state that I enjoy these forums and there's always room for improvement. I hate the current meta of the game, with a passion, but that doesn't mean I can't fulfill the interests of this forum.

Now back to the lottery of the forbidden one. Someone's got to win.

more_horiz
^Finally, a serious application.

more_horiz
Why should you hire me ? I can't answer that question praising myself so i will skip it..
All of the Staff knows me , you know who i am and what i stand for .....
 So instead of boasting i will state why i wanna be an moderator .
   `Because i love this forum and Users on it , most of them are my friends i want best for them.I would gladly spend my free time on updating this website and organizing , i feel happy when i am in charge of something ,its who i really am :3.
   `I know how it is when no one wants to help you,i felt bad..i don't wanna someone to go trough same stuff i did,i want to stop it from happening !
   At the end i need to praise myself a bit , i am not subjective kind of person i see the stuff way they really are. I would never ban/kick someone because i don't like him or because he insulted me somewhere else ,on Duel Academy i play by DA rules !
                       Hope you understood me.

more_horiz
you love me skitnica?

more_horiz
I would like to be a mod on DA because I have a lot of free time and I would like to help out on DA. I understand the rules and I try to veer away from full blown arguments. I try to get along with all members. My main reason for wanting to be a mod on DA is because I am not a very good duelist and would like to try and help out at the site instead of being a hindrance.

I should be hired over others because I have managed other forums before. And have kept a group of 30 together over the course of 30 days. This may not be impressive, but it was in a game called tribal wars and everyone has conflicting opinions and it can be quite frustrating trying to find the best compromise. Another reason why I would be a good applicant is because I am very active. I spend most of my free time on a computer and would be able to channel that time to helping in DA where I could.

more_horiz
Salader wrote:
I would like to be a mod on DA because I have a lot of free time and I would like to help out on DA. I understand the rules and I try to veer away from full blown arguments. I try to get along with all members. My main reason for wanting to be a mod on DA is because I am not a very good duelist and would like to try and help out at the site instead of being a hindrance.

I should be hired over others because I have managed other forums before. And have kept a group of 30 together over the course of 30 days. This may not be impressive, but it was in a game called tribal wars and everyone has conflicting opinions and it can be quite frustrating trying to find the best compromise. Another reason why I would be a good applicant is because I am very active. I spend most of my free time on a computer and would be able to channel that time to helping in DA where I could.

That game was a major headache to manage as a Duke/Baron of any group, understand your feel. +2352 for playing Starcraft AND Tribal Wars.

more_horiz
Also you new mods are going to hep us testing every single deck sign-up for the pro decklists.
The testings are against tier 1, tier 1.5 and tier 2 decks Smile

more_horiz
Here we go again 3 New Moderator spots are available! 610493824

The reasons are very simple:

When i took the test 3 years ago I was placed into Obelisk right away, my tester at the time being MUFC. 
 a few days later there was a staff application for testers which i applied for and was accepted and since then I have been staff for DA for 3 years non-stop, while later becoming Mod/Tester (renamed to Judge), Mod (when Judges were no longer needed), Admin.
 I take my "job" as a staff member seriously (some people might say too seriously) and I am a responsible person in general. Also you need man power again due to the serious staff inactivity currently. I am a well known member of Duel Academy and have been here for like forever. I know what the duty of moderators is due to the long time i have been one.

My application is short due to the time i have been in the staff team.

more_horiz
Updated my post with application.

more_horiz
Why should I be a DA moderator?

For starters, I’ve had experience in being a moderator, and I can frankly say I think I’ll do well. I’ve hopefully proved through my time here, my dedication and commitment to this site, and those are two main qualities of a moderator. I’ve had two jobs here, an assistant and a teacher, so you’ve tested my skills in a job here before. The main reason I want to be a DA moderator is because this place means a lot to me, and I can assure you if you give me the chance to prove that I can do what a good moderator should do, you will not regret it. Also, I’m not just some random stranger that joined this academy a couple of days ago; I’ve been in this academy for almost a year, so you’ve gotten to know the person I am. My description of a moderator is very simple, “A moderator is a person who keeps order and organization around the forum and letting everyone enjoy his time by following the rules offered.”

Why should we hire you to be a DA moderator before someone else?

Simple! Firstly, my activity, which I’ve hopefully proved. Secondly, my experience in running a forum, I was a moderator at MCA, and an ex-moderator at TWA. Thirdly, I have a lot of free time on my hands, now that summer has started. I can log in any time to do my job. I have little knowledge in coding; I’m highly active, dedicated, and committed. Lastly, I have a vast knowledge in running a forum, and I promise if you give me a chance, that will be proven to you.

DA is a place I could resort to hangout, and have fun with one of my favorite games to play; I want to help it by getting this job. If you choose to accept, then you won’t regret it. Please inform me as soon as you make up your decision; Thank you for reading my application!

more_horiz

For starters, I have always displayed a positive attitude here on DA. I try my best to ensure all members feel satisfied around me, and have proven myself very welcoming across the community. As you can also see, I have no warnings rendered against me. Never have I complained about the site, driven a member wild, trolled, etc. The only thing I'll do to a member is make them more lively in a positive sense. I'm not here to act superior over anyone, but rather display myself as someone you won't regret having on your site. I set high standards for myself everyday, and can use these standards to support the site. As I once joined this site for the first time, just like anyone else, my ideal was to make friends, talk to people, and have fun. This is forever my role here on DA.

Now onto a more serious note, my history. I have worked as an administrator on Dueling Network in the past, but stepped down due to the attitudes of others. Despite this, however, I have at least proven to play a great role in the YGO world. Aside from this, there are other "worlds" I have devoted myself to: RuneScape, World of Warcraft, Naruto RPG's. I have administrated plenty of RS and WoW private servers, along with moderating three Naruto RPG forums. Although all of these servers have died (just the RS and WoW), I'm still a man of my word. With this being said, I have helped in every aspect possible that these servers and forums have offered (events, tournaments, topic management, rules- you name it). There was also a short time when I once moderated KCTAU, giving members a final chance to partake in a great event before the site died. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough history on KCTAU to fill a spot on Dueling City, but still proved I belonged on that list. Just like all the other sites and servers I devoted myself to, I have proven to devote myself to KCTAU in the same way.

My promises as a moderator here (if I get the chance) are simple, and revolve around one thing: satisfaction. I will be there for all members frequently, handling suggestions, and most importantly, showing them that this site has a great community, and can be very enjoyable once you get the hang of it. This is what I've learned being here, after all. “A moderator is a person who keeps order and organization around the forum and letting everyone enjoy his time by following the rules offered.” This is a quote that TDSillian pointed out, something I will gladly keep myself dedicated to. I will stay committed, offer up anything and everything I can to ensure that this site remains top-knotch, and ensure that nobody has anything to complain about, for this will be a community of high standards and activity.

It's true that others will probably say the same things as I do; saying they're committed, dedicated, etc. However, the site isn't just about us when making our applications, but the site as a whole. I don't just wanna be a moderator so I can have a better status, and do things that regular members can't. The only reason I'm applying is so I can have the ability to show my works of satisfaction, to make things even better for the members. It's not just about enforcing rules, keeping the site safe, etc (and I'm not saying I won't do that), but in addition, I'll ensure that this site becomes livelier, and that activity increases while more events are created. Truthfully, I could (and still am) going on and on about the same things, but I'll conclude things here. There are a lot of moderators who'll just say that they'll make the site better for individual purposes. I wish to make the site great in all aspects. You name it, and I'll make it better. This is my role as a moderator, and you won't regret my words if you accept me.

more_horiz
Your DA history plays the key role in this answer. <- This prolly kills the chance for getting the position but worth a shot Smile

Why should we hire exactly you as a Moderator before someone else?

Anyhow wont write a wall-o-text.
1) Have experience with DA's staff work.
2) Alrdy knows how to update League if it isnt changed much.
3) Have understandings how codes work so Pro Decklist posting shouldnt be that difficult.
4) Not much of a poster if you want to see that from me, cause I don't fancy all those posts that most of the members do just to climb the posting ladder. Mainly post in topics that catch my intrest.

And that's all!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply