Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Spots are available for new staff members!

+11
Linda-Senpai
LethalAfterZ
Endless Sorcerer
Zeox
Jue Viole Grace
jjh927
Ezekeil
Typical Jew™
Phoenix King
Whatup Nab
Anzo
15 posters

descriptionSpots are available for new staff members! EmptySpots are available for new staff members!

more_horiz
Hey folk, sorry for being less active these days, am currently abroad attending a wedding so am sorta busy, yet i can still write this topic to make you all excited, don't blame me, blame whoever tolled you to blame me..

So, with school time, college, bluh bluh bluh we all know about this and hella bored already cuz we all have less time to play the game that we all like..

4 of our staff members, moderators and assistants felt obligated to leave DA cause of school, not leaving for ever, just the staff team, so we are having short on working class right here..

As you might already had figured, yes, we are looking AND hiring a new staff members .. yes STAFF members, to help us keeping this place running like a hours, relativity, active.

So am not sure who is interested or not, but i'll say it straight, am looking for 3 moderators that can be online at least like 6 hours a day on DA, that's cool if you asked me, and also am looking for 2 assistants to help with events, don't worry we will explain everything to you so you don't feel like you're in the Amazon Jungle, lost and lonely..

If you applied for a Moderator Position, you must be able to do the following:
You must be able to be online for a very long period, good connection (doesn't matter allot really, this is ain't DN). A Moderator will transfer Duel Points aka DP (Yes, that's staff powers am talking about here ._.) And the power to lock, open, delete, merge topics or posts, of course, you are obligated to read the staff guide before, it's not big actually, you will know it once you see it. Being a Moderator isn't just about that, it's more, it's a huge responsibility to take care of a place such as Duel Academy, yeah, it was hard when i was a Moderator, so i know what am talking about here .. If you feel like you can't handle it, perhaps you should try another time.

If you applied for an Assistant Position, you must be able to do the following:
An assistant job is specified, it's not random, it's about one thing, like you are responsible of 1 event only, 1 section, simple as that, you have powers only inside that section; however, your level as a staff member is equal to all other staff members, you're not lower than moderators, or higher than teachers, don't think that way. The purpose of this group is to make things more organized, means we need organized people, that can handle events, such as Exodia Forbidden Lottery, Dice Encounter, or any other event we might host in the future .. You feel like you can do it, then come and get it!

Now how to apply, of course, there will be a few boring question, i made them as boring as possible here >_> you just have to answer them, but before you do that, you should see if you fit the requirements ..

Requirements:
1. You must have at least 250 post.
2. You must have a daily activity statue in DA. (Daily Active)

Also, there is one more thing, to make sure we are picking the most suitable person for this duties, we have to make sure that you're serious in what you do.. So, you ready to hear this?

» You must gain a total number of a 1000 post in 7 days, that's 142 post a day, you can get those pretty easy if you have time for this.

How do you get those post in such a small time?
» You can post in all topics that your eyes can catch in the "off-topics" section, technically that topics are never dead, so it will not be considered as necro-posting. Also you can post in the Dice games, lottery games, or anything that help you to gain some extra posts, like help people to fix their decks, comments on all topics you can see, welcome new members, spam a but ._. just do what you have to do.

At the end of the 7 days, i'll calc the number of posts that you have gained, using the forum statistics system, that will show exactly, who are the top posters during these 7 days.

Questions to answer:
1. How many hours can you be online on a daily count?
-
2. What are you applying for?
- (Moderator/ Assistant)
3. What can you offer for DA? (optional, yet important)
-
4. You have any old/previous experience in being a staff member?
-

This is serious stuff, if you like it, join and apply, if you don't, perhaps the next time will be better; however, it will always be the same rules, so don't raise your hopes if you willing to do this latter, IF we ever started such a topic ever again ... >_>

~Anzo-sama

descriptionSpots are available for new staff members! EmptyRe: Spots are available for new staff members!

more_horiz
Hey idk if I can apply but meh. Its Whatup1111. I had 700ish posts and I log in pretty much everyday. I mean I want the mod position but you are the judge on this I am active A LOT on this academy. Pretty much all day but meh. Application away. 1000 posts in 7 days. I got this. Post count 42. You can tell I am Whatup cause I use the color cyan in basically all my posts.

- Uh 6+ Hours
- (Moderator)
-Basically just doing the job like a moderator should do. i.e. moving topics, transferring DP and doing my job basically.
None.

Last edited by noneednabs on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionSpots are available for new staff members! EmptyRe: Spots are available for new staff members!

more_horiz
Well ima go for assistant and as for my shortage in posts i havent had a real reson to hang out much....but ppl like nuran germanfan ehero h3ro and neji know i can post like crazy

SO TIME TO PLASTER MY NAME ON THIS PLACE

@Anzo: you should use the form above in your application, like answer the questions and everything.

more_horiz
- I could do 6+ hours probably Spots are available for new staff members! 3974120512
- I can offer activity ;o, i can offer a non-biased judgment ;o, i can offer help ;D
- Only being ra leader for a little bit here D:

anzo 1000 posts in a week is just ridiculous Neutral

more_horiz
The Statistics page appears to be malfunctioning right now, so here's a screenshot I took yesterday proving that I broke 1000. It appears that the Statistics page thinks that the week ended, instead of counting the last 7 days.
Spoiler :

Here's how it looked today.
Spoiler :

-Several hours a day, easily 6+ on weekends. Exact times vary, but I can be online for as long as it takes to get the job done.

- Moderator (If this is the only way that I'm gonna get a promotion, then so be it)

- I offer my dedication to seeing things through. I will make sure that whatever is started is finished, on time and correctly. I will make sure that everybody follows the rules. I also see a lot of things that need to be done that I would like to take charge of and DO. I'm clearly dedicated to my work, having satisfied the 1000 post requirement in less than 2 days. I can also offer help where it is needed to the regular users and staff alike. I also work very fast, as the 1000 posts in 2 days says.

-I currently oversee the RP section. I am also staff on two other academies, and I have experience running websites. I am a soon-to-be Head Admin on one of those two academies.

I would also like to say that I am familiar with handling large groups of people at a time. When you have a fanbase (Pokemon B/W ladders. Apparently people love me Spots are available for new staff members! 932147. I was bored, so I started laddering. Anyway, random I know.), you have to to Q/A sessions with people. So I know how to deal with annoying stuff and I won't snap at people.

I like writing stuff about stuff Razz

Last edited by Ezekeil on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:12 am; edited 7 times in total

more_horiz
Spam skill is not a valuable asset for staff. VALUABLE posts, on the other hand, are a good thing. Look at my ATAD, I set that up to encourage activity in actrual posts rather than pointless spam. Spam does not help DA's image, it just makes it look more active than it is. I'm trying to solve the inactivity problem rather than covering it up.

- From 5:00 till about 12:00/2:00 GMT, making it about 7-9 hours.
- My ATAD, I'll still do roleplay section, Deulist Invasion, and my entire social life. I've alread helped a load of noobs even though it wasn't my job; if it is I'll be able to do so more effectively without people calling backseat modding.
- Yeah, I moderate the roleplay. Also set up DI, which died due to inactivity in
teams.

@Anzo: Number of posts measures the ability to check all topics, the ability to be active, being a staff member is about how good you are when it comes to covering allot of topics, yes the final count of posts isn't a big deal, but being a staff members like a moderator or an assistant with time and that ability makes a perfect staff, everyone can be staff if they have time, there is no skill, mods and assistants they don't think, they just do what they are otlled.

more_horiz
- I spend a minimum amount of 3 hours on DA daily, during school days I have a time of about 3-6 hours online, where usually few to no new posts are made. So, yes, I think I am quite able to spend 6 hours daily on DA, if not more.
- Moderator, I presume
3. What can you offer for DA? (optional, yet important
- General activity; professionalism; ruling knowledge; no bias; apt grammar and spelling
- I have been administrating http://blackroserequiem.forumphpbb.com for a long time now (even though it is dead right now). I have recently been added as administrator on UDA and ExDA. I have been an admin on DN for about a year and just recently quit being one for reasons I do not want to elaborate further. I am also a teacher on DA for now a month and an assistant on DC for the same time.

more_horiz
- 6-10 Hours. (I don't keep track, this is just a rough estimate I thought of) I usually always keep DA open on a seperate tab so I am on most of the day, ask anyone xD.
- Assistant (But if you wanna give me mod I won't say no xD)
- I'm good at working at small stuff, so I think assistant is right for me. I'm good at writing essays and also pretty decent at organization.
Does being official dinosaur king count? If not, then no.

Last edited by Zeox on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
5-9 hours
Assistant
Something different, something that will be remembered on this site.
None Whatsoever Razz

Last edited by Spade on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
- 10+ hours, no joke. I have no life.
- Activity, help, ruling knowledge, I can easily be on here all day if needed so I would always be here, when the other mods are slacking

- I was teacher here before and assistant here before. When I was a teacher I was always active and posting lessons, I've posted more lessons than any other teacher here. And as an assistant I was always active and trying to host lives. So you know I do my job when I'm on the staff.

more_horiz
-How many hours can N be on?: 16+.
-What are you applying for? Moderator
-What can I do for DA?: Bring the needed cicadaly support.
-Have past experience? Been admin in 2 forums (AAA academy and skulls duel league), and moderator in 2 (duelist kingdom, and dueling network forums).

more_horiz
Meh might as well do this the right way...
-
Practically all day on weekends and like 8 hours on school days
I want to show i can be a better Mod than I was before
I once was a mod here ._.

and my post count is almost 530 (524 or something)

Last edited by Lexi on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : random stuff was on it ._.)

more_horiz
-over 6 easy....i do have a life...i am being self taught now so comp = college..kinda
- (Assistant)
-I'm cool. I'm not a nab. When I get a position I try to do it right. I am a decent peace maker....dat chat drama.....I really want chat powers regardless......I am cool. When I post I try to take quality over quantity in my posts. I do read.... I am good at logic and psychology. I can troll fairly well. I have a fair amount of that rare thing called common sense. I am just cool.
-I was/have been staff at one or two other acads/random forum things.

1000 posts not gonna happen....j/s

more_horiz
- I'm online a lot. I won't be specific but I would say 5+ hours everyday.

- Activity, and not being retarded. I was moderator before I took a break from yugioh, so clearly I know what I was doing.

- I've been a tester and moderator before on DA.

more_horiz
This topic is only for Applications. No futher non application posts will be tolerated.

Also cleared the topic to keep better track of applicants

more_horiz
I underestimated the power of spam that you guys have in you, i mentioned all topics that is older than 20/25 day are forbidden area, It's called necro-posting.

Additional information: After the set of 7 days is over, i'll generally look at all those posts, and see if at least 70% of them are valuable or not. By that i mean Necro-Posts, Deck racing will not be counted.

P.S: In Deck Race events, many has gained few hundreds of posts there, so i'll only count 50% of them not all of your posts there.

For any questions, objections, PM me don't post here.

I'll keep this thing running until Friday 2 of October.

more_horiz
- Too long, once it gets to noon im on till midnight, like 7 or 8 hours on
- (Assistant)
-Regular Lives, at last 2 perday, as long as there are people to do it, if not one, I also am very professionnal in a staff position
Mod/Admin for 3 months at TWA, Mod for the life span of devpro academy, I was on staff at tdoane before it got bad

more_horiz
Topic is old = Necro-posting.

~Locked

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum