Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMagical Dimension EmptyMagical Dimension

more_horiz
Okay, so on Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia (even though it's the previously official rulings that it says could still be correct unless stated otherwise or something), it says that Magical Dimension's destruction effect is optional. Since it's optional, it can't be negated by destruction negation specific cards like Destruction Jammer or Stardust Dragon (or any of its advanced forms I presume?)? Or do I have a misunderstanding somewhere? And if I got it right, anyone who tries to stop me when I try to use Magical Dimension's optional destruction effect is cheating basically? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

descriptionMagical Dimension EmptyRe: Magical Dimension

more_horiz
Indeed Magical Dimension's destructive is optional, BUT that does not mean it cannot be negated when used. All effects that negate destruction effects will negate Magical Dimension if the destruction effect is used.

I do not know from where you got the idea that optional effects cannot be negated. The only destruction effect that cannot be negated is if it's not known for certain that the destruction effect will destroy a card on the field (EX: Snipe Hunter). <-And that cannot be negated by Stardust, dunno by other destruction negation cards.

more_horiz
All effects that negate destruction effects will negate Magical Dimension if the destruction effect is used.

No. This is incorrect.
For example both Stardust Dragon and My Body as a Shield cannot negate this card.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't answer about Destruction Jammer.
Destruction Jammer cannot negate Magical Dimension.

more_horiz
lol, the only reason destruction jammer and stardust dragon cant negate magicial dimension is cause it is optional and you choose to destroy or not during resolution.

EDIT: stardust and jammer can only negate effects that destroy cards on the field, not cards that special summon.
just like sw vs magicial tower and infernity launcher

more_horiz
if i'm not mistaken if the destruction effect has no colon or semi-colon before the "you can destroy" effect it can't be negated by sd and d jammer cuz it's used at resolution

more_horiz
Alright, thanks, guys. Much appreciated.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply