Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSamurai from the Different Dimension! EmptySamurai from the Different Dimension!

more_horiz
So long story short, I was thinking about how Macro Rabbit has a natural advantage game 1 against popular decks such as Dark World and Merlanteans, and then I thought about seeing if I could do something like that for a different meta deck. I settled on my six samurai deck, thought I replaced Macro with Fissure. Best. Decision. I. Ever. Made. Welcome to the new bandwagon people. Anti-meta is the new meta. Deck can sack like crazy, and I'm thinking about making this deck in real life and taking it to locals. I've been playing this deck for almost a year, and it works amazingly. The_Nameless actually told me I should post it here to see what others think, so eventually I got around to it. I don't care what the haters say :D. The changes aren't even that major, all I needed to do was ditch Veiler, Chimeratech Fortress Dragon and Double-Edged Sword Technique. Monster Reborn is kept in becase if you open up with it you can still use it before you drop Fissure, which you probably won't even draw most of the time. Also, D Fissure baits backrow removal, so it might not even be around for long. Also, I know using Dark Hole is rather unorthodox. I don't even care, I want a backup plan in case somebody blows up my field of Samurai and summons a BLS or Hyperion or Grapha or Scrap Dragon or Abyssmegalo or something like that.

The deck: https://i.imgur.com/FHssFaN.png

I don't care what you think. Haters gonna hate.

descriptionSamurai from the Different Dimension! EmptyRe: Samurai from the Different Dimension!

more_horiz
Asceticism Fissure builds are especially potent, being able to swarm monsters for OTKs (so you can play double Shien, as in the original, as in the SS boss monster from GLAS). The monster is significantly different because of their low monster count, and some choices being opted out to make the combos consistent. They don't do well late game though, but if you can't play Sams in the first place, then regardless of what build you use, a bad player will always use all their resources early game.

descriptionSamurai from the Different Dimension! EmptyRe: Samurai from the Different Dimension!

more_horiz
Are you implying that i dont know how to play samurai. Im a veteran, ive benn using them since March 2011 format. I know how they work.

more_horiz
That's exactly how she is saying it, SS have lost their footing in this format, I don't really care if you are a vet, that just means its your opinion, People opinions are that WU take no skill, yet in reality one can fail really hard and really fast with them, She in my be hit harder due to noobs no liking it so much

So yeah SS have lost their Tier 1 spot

Replaced by my precious Agents

more_horiz
That's irrelavent. She was implying that I didn't know how to play them and that has nothing to do with their current standing in the meta.

more_horiz
Lord of Blue-Eyes wrote:
Are you implying that i dont know how to play samurai. Im a veteran, ive benn using them since March 2011 format. I know how they work.
Wasn't implying anything, Genius. You should read more carefully, as I had stated that a lot of unskilled players will play them unconservatively, which tends to be the tendency with that variant of SS deck. Don't get offended over things that have nothing to do with you. No need to be more beta than what's needed.

Also, I didn't state that Sams have lost their footing this format either (although, they have). Sams don't benefit from formats where deck engines are ran mainly from monster effects, which is why they had a difficult time staying relevant when Inzektors were topping, and why they had bad matchups against Plants and such. This is a format where you don't need spells and traps because the engines are all monster driven.

more_horiz
Danica, the Great wrote:
Lord of Blue-Eyes wrote:
Wasn't implying anything, Genius. You should read more carefully, as I had stated that a lot of unskilled players will play them unconservatively, which tends to be the tendency with that variant of SS deck. Don't get offended over things that have nothing to do with you. No need to be more beta than what's needed.

Also, I didn't state that Sams have lost their footing this format either (although, they have). Sams don't benefit from formats where deck engines are ran mainly from monster effects, which is why they had a difficult time staying relevant when Inzektors were topping, and why they had bad matchups against Plants and such. This is a format where you don't need spells and traps because the engines are all monster driven.

True. But Samurai still have potential yet. Running Fissure gives me advantages against Merlanteans, Dark Worlds, Inzektors, Chaos Dragons and many of the other "relevant" meta decks. And even you can admit first turn Shock Master + Shi En is very frightening.

more_horiz
Lol is nobody gonna comment on my deck here? Sad

more_horiz
It's an interesting looking deck. Other than that, did you want help with it or are you just bragging? If you're just bragging this topic will be locked

more_horiz
Also, at the OP, it's not like you're the first one to use D. Fissure in Sams. They've been doing that for a while, and half of Sams YCS turnout has been Fissure or Macro builds. As far as them having an advantage with Banishing, MSTs and such exist, and you can bait out negations with Shi En. It's a good deck, but it hasn't been topping so much (or at all. I'm not sure), because they're at an inherit disadvantage with the format being ran by monsters, and with other control decks around, and Sams not having good mid-game hand presence, that gets them killed. Just stating facts, and I'm sure you'll have arguments to refute what I'm saying.

more_horiz
Naito Raizu wrote:
It's an interesting looking deck. Other than that, did you want help with it or are you just bragging? If you're just bragging this topic will be locked

It doesn't "need help" but I want to know peoples suggestions and opinions regarding the deck. Maybe I'll learn something. Also, I feel the side board could use work.

more_horiz
I feel the Soul Taker, Nobleman, and Leeching the Light can be replaced for better cards.

Would have to look over the deck more to decide better cards though

more_horiz
Leeching the Light is godlike against Agents. Summon Shi En and use it to run over Hyperion, Sacred Wyvern, BLS, etc and combined with Shadow and Kageki you can turn Kageki into a freakin 7000 ATK beatstick! It's given me so many OTKs.

more_horiz
Lord of Blue-Eyes wrote:
Leeching the Light is godlike against Agents. Summon Shi En and use it to run over Hyperion, Sacred Wyvern, BLS, etc and combined with Shadow and Kageki you can turn Kageki into a freakin 7000 ATK beatstick! It's given me so many OTKs.
Then you lied about suggestions, and made this thread to brag.

more_horiz
yeah...he is only stating that his cards are so pro to be removed from the decklist, means his deck doesnt any edits, means that you should lock this topic or even delete it cause both that guy and danica's posts pissed me off ... smh

more_horiz
Lord of Blue-Eyes wrote:
I don't care what you think. Haters gonna hate.
Let me get this straight. You don't care what people think, yet you want opinions. Next time don't post here if you're not looking for assistance. Locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply