Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionQuestion about Ra vs. Mirror Force EmptyQuestion about Ra vs. Mirror Force

more_horiz
Just now I did something that made me question whether I'd just broken a rule. So I thought I'd ask here (since I'm not sure what I'd just read by Googling it helped enough).

So my opponent summons Ra. I had Mirror Force face-down. He attacks after activating Ra's effect where you leave 100 Life Points for yourself and give the rest to Ra. I activate Mirror Force. Would Mirror Force be negated since Ra was summoned that turn? Or would it work on Ra since it doesn't target? Thanks in advance for the answers.

I have one more question by the way; if I summon Black Rose Dragon, and my opponent activates a card effect that negates its effect and destroys it, would I be able to stop Black Rose Dragon's destruction with Destruction Jammer and also get its nuke effect in? And does it stay on the field or does it also kill itself with effect normally (in which case it'd be stopped by Destruction Jammer anyway)? [this happened in an earlier Duel I had today, though I'd completely forgotten to Set Destruction Jammer when I drew it. Anyway, I'm just asking for future reference and also for a hypothetical situation in which I'd actually remembered to play Destruction Jammer.]

descriptionQuestion about Ra vs. Mirror Force EmptyRe: Question about Ra vs. Mirror Force

more_horiz
Winged Dragon of Ra has no protection against card negation or targeting whatsoever, so you can torrential it, CED it etc. That also mean you can Mirror Force it, Dimensional Prison it etc.

Depends on the card, if the card negates the summon itself, then no. If it simply negates the effect and destroys it then you can Destruction Jammer it and Black Rose will get the nuke effect.

Black Rose Dragon is destroyed by its effect, using Destruction Jammer on your own Black Rose is pretty stupid move to do because you will negate it's nuke effect and destroy it.

descriptionQuestion about Ra vs. Mirror Force EmptyRe: Question about Ra vs. Mirror Force

more_horiz
So at that time, even if I'd played Destruction Jammer, Black Rose Dragon's effect would still be negated because normally it does kill itself with its own effect. I wonder if it would've worked if I'd done that, then used Monster Reborn to bring it back. If it can still get its nuke effect when its Special Summoned other than by Synchro Summon.

In my situation, my opponent's card effect negated Black Rose's effect and destroyed it (not just on Black Rose Dragon's summoning, but on its effect specifically). That's why I was wondering if Destruction Jammer could've helped me in that situation if I'd played it. Or Destruction Jammer and then Monster Reborn on Black Rose.

more_horiz
Obelisk the Tormentor is the only Tournament legal Egyptian God card with ineligibility to be targeted by card effects, means that you cannot use cards like Dimensional Prison, Compulsory Evacuation Device or similar cards on him, cards that specifically designate one monster on the field.
Mirror Force and Torrential Tribute do not designate a specific target, so if either of those is used (in case of Torrential Tribute, when another monster is summoned as all the Egyptian God cards prevent effects from being used upon their summon), all Egyptian God cards would be destroyed (unless not they were summoned with Hardened Armed Dragon or any other protection effect).

As Train Heartnet correctly said, if you summoned Black Rose Dragon and your opponent activates Solemn Warning, Solemn Judgment or Black Horn of Heaven (or basically any other card that negates a summon), you cannot chain Destruction Jammer because Black Rose Dragon is not yet on the field (though it's physically there, it is not for the game mechanics). If your opponent however activated Starlight Road after Black Rose Dragon successfully reached the field and activated its effect, Destruction Jammer can be chained to Starlight Road. Since Black Rose Dragon's effect was not negated and Black Rose Dragon was not destroyed by Starlight Road (assuming Destruction Jmmer wasn't negated), Black Rose Dragon will proceed to destroy all cards on the field.

Black Rose Dragon can be Special Summoned with Monster Reborn if it was properly Synchro Summoned, you will not get its destruction effect, though, as Black Rose Dragon states that it can only activate its effect when Synchro Summoned (you can still activate the effect to change an opponent's monster from Attack to Defense Position and reduce its ATK to 0, though).

Hope this clarified stuff.

more_horiz
I don't remember what monster it was exactly anymore (darn my memory these days . . . ), but I do know for sure that it was a monster that negates effects that destroy a monster(s) on the field (or was it card(s)? Memory is kind of fuzzy on that one too). Kind of similar to Stardust Dragon, except without the Tribute cost.

Anyway, thanks for the answers. Much appreciated.

more_horiz
that card is probably Majestic Star Dragon. its a Synchro requiring Stardust as a Material, so of course it would inherit the ability.

more_horiz
X-Destroyer wrote:
that card is probably Majestic Star Dragon. its a Synchro requiring Stardust as a Material, so of course it would inherit the ability.

Please dont necropost

locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply