Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Admin Suggestion: DA's Practicing Arena

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
Eheroduelist
Dex
Sabo-Chan
Centrik
Bearer of the Mask
Anzo
10 posters

pollDo you like the idea?

Yes, I like the idea.
87%
No, I don't like the idea.
13%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionAdmin Suggestion: DA's Practicing Arena EmptyAdmin Suggestion: DA's Practicing Arena

more_horiz
I could have made this thread in a hidden staff section; however, i believe that members should decide for themselves if they're a fan of this idea or not.

The concept behind "DA's Practicing Arena" - shortcut will be DAPA - is that we make an event with main purpose: Training.

What do i mean with training? It's as simple as the word indicates actually. See, as a Duel Academy, we're in a way or another responsible of teaching members what they need to know about this game, and more. We have Articles, we have lessons, we have dueling arenas, and we have tournaments. But, what we don't have is a custom training arena.

What is this "Training Arena" is all about? First it will be something similar to BA and SA; however, this one won't be ranked, won't be counted, and sometimes won't be noticeable. It's for one purpose which is helping you testing new decks against other people of this academy. People with another custom deck that you'd like to test your deck functionality with.

For example: You made some GK deck, and you want to see how it goes in a match or a single duel against Firefist's deck. You enter the training arena, check for topic titles and see who want to test his Firefist's deck against GKz.

Topics titles will be like this "Anzo: Firstfirst" the Firstfist means I'm using a firefist deck, anyone who checks the section, and see that title, will know that if would like to test his deck against a Firefist deck, he can post in that topic and we can arrange for something. Same goes for me, I can go to that section and see what decks i might to test my deck with. You can use any sort of decks when you're asking your training partner if he or she is willing to test their deck against yours. The topic i make is for OTHER people to see what deck i'll be using when they come to ask me to be their training partner for today. It's a bit of complicated perhaps since there's allot of questions i can't answer at once. But, once you get the general idea, the rest should come with ease.

The meaning of a "Training Partner" is shifted from a duel to another. There is a specific way to follow during a deck test or a training. Like hand control, field control, draw engine, comeback power, side, xyz management, trap, spells and monsters count. while training, you can do several changes to your deck until you reach a specific build that you're comfortable with.

if you have any question, feel free to ask, otherwise use the poll.

descriptionAdmin Suggestion: DA's Practicing Arena EmptyRe: Admin Suggestion: DA's Practicing Arena

more_horiz
personally, i love this idea. it seems like a great way to get people dueling each other more in the academy, and gives a better choice of deck testing partners (unlike on dn where you get these professional guys) and considering the fact that i'm making and destroying decks on a daily basis, i'd be in this section like 24/7. i fully support this idea and kudos to whoever came up with it.

descriptionAdmin Suggestion: DA's Practicing Arena EmptyRe: Admin Suggestion: DA's Practicing Arena

more_horiz
It will sound more like a real academy. Agree.

more_horiz
if you offered this a while ago u could've saved me some losses ^^; great idea

more_horiz
tl;dr good idea!

more_horiz
It seems like a nice idea in theory, but overall either irritating to manage or will be inactive.

I think it's easier to just ask to duel in CBox and say "not for BA/SA/whatever-you-think-of Arena."
If it's a particular deck you're aiming to duel, you ask for the opponent to use it.

Overall it's a nice idea, but redundant imho.

more_horiz
Leave the staff business, to the staff members. We'll make it work if people wanted it to work.

more_horiz
Do et Twisted Evil

But I won't leave my businesses. Finished 1/2 of the article.

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:
It seems like a nice idea in theory, but overall either irritating to manage or will be inactive.

I think it's easier to just ask to duel in CBox and say "not for BA/SA/whatever-you-think-of Arena."
If it's a particular deck you're aiming to duel, you ask for the opponent to use it.

Overall it's a nice idea, but redundant imho.

While I do like the idea, I have to agree with Ehero.

more_horiz
You rhetorical opinions doesn't matter.

more_horiz
sounds good

more_horiz
Never thought reading something that long would be that useful :D, sounds good to me

more_horiz
Obviously the votes count is positive, I'll get everything done shortly in this case.

more_horiz
Practice arena is out: http://www.duelacademy.net/t25376-practice-arena-rules

more_horiz
This is awesome! I might actually get better at the game because of this! I never want to challenge someone to a duel because I suck. And people leave... people might be more patient knowing I'm dueling for the sole purpose of training.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply