Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionRitual Question. EmptyRitual Question.

more_horiz
So I got into a duel the other day and I ran into this scenario: My opponent uses contract of the abyss to ritual summon Demise, King of Armageddon but on the card it says it can only be summoned by using his ritual card "End of the World."
My opponent then argues that contract of the abyss substitutes for the normal ritual card but I argue that contract of the abyss doesn't negate demise's effect. Who is right?

descriptionRitual Question. EmptyRe: Ritual Question.

more_horiz
It can be summoned using contract of the Abyss .

more_horiz
Ok so Contract's effect is this.

[bold]This card can be used to Ritual Summon any DARK Ritual Monster.[/bold] You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels exactly equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon.

Now look at the bold sentence. That is basically saying you can use it to ritual summon any DARK Ritual monster while ignoring it's summoning conditions.

So all in all what Storm said is correct.

more_horiz
Yes, the opponent is correct in this situation. The Ritual Spell will overrule the Ritual Monster's summoning condition.

A good example will be Advanced Ritual Art. That card can be used to summon ANY Ritual Monster.

Answered, locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply