Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionPoseidra the atleantean dragon vs solemn judgment EmptyPoseidra the atleantean dragon vs solemn judgment

more_horiz
my opponent summon poseidrathe atlantean dragon and i activate solemn judment, if i right, poseidra didnt get the effect isnt it?
because my opponent said im a noob because my opponent said poseidra effect is activated when its summon

help..

descriptionPoseidra the atleantean dragon vs solemn judgment EmptyRe: Poseidra the atleantean dragon vs solemn judgment

more_horiz
The summon is an effect that activates, indeed.

You cannot activate Solemn Judgment on the summon of Poseidra through its own effect.

descriptionPoseidra the atleantean dragon vs solemn judgment EmptyRe: Poseidra the atleantean dragon vs solemn judgment

more_horiz
oh right thnx..but i forgot i set solemn warning also Sad

more_horiz
Solemn Warning works, yes.

more_horiz
can anyone verify why solemn judgement cant negate summon by effect? i mean, even if it is summoned by effect, it's still a summon right? crystal clear explaination is highly demanded, and thnx in advance.

more_horiz
Solemn Judgment can only negate Normal Summons and Special Summons that are Inherent Summons, i.e. monsters that aren't being Special Summoned by an effect. Poseidra effect to Special Summon itself is considered as being Special Summoned by an effect, or a External Summon. Another example of this would be Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness. An example of a Inherent Summon would be cyber Dragon, which can be negated by Solemn Judgment.

Hope this helps you.

more_horiz
Astral ( original ) wrote:
can anyone verify why solemn judgement cant negate summon by effect? i mean, even if it is summoned by effect, it's still a summon right? crystal clear explaination is highly demanded, and thnx in advance.

Solemn Judgment can only negate Spells, Traps, Normal Summons, Special Summons, and Flip Summons. It can not negate a monsters effect no matter what the effect is. Poseidra's summon is an ignition effect, not a summon condition.

more_horiz
oh, i see now. thank you very much for you both. Smile

more_horiz
Answered so locked. Smile

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply