Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionEffect cards that are treated as Normal Monsters? EmptyEffect cards that are treated as Normal Monsters?

more_horiz
This is a popular example:

Elemental HERO Alius

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.
● This face-up card's name becomes "Elemental HERO Neos"

I Normal Summon Alius. Despite the fact that he appears to be an effect monster, he is treated as an effect monster "while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard." So far I understand what I have read but here is where I get confused:

"While this card is face-up on the field (I'm assuming it's still a Normal Monster), you can Normal Summon it (How can I normal summon it if it's already on the field?) to have it become an Effect Monster."

I digress, do I need to Normal Summon another Alius card to activate this Alius card's effect?

Or is it much simpler than I'm making it out to be?
i.e. Normal Summon it and you will get the effect. Special Summon it and you won't get the effect.

descriptionEffect cards that are treated as Normal Monsters? EmptyRe: Effect cards that are treated as Normal Monsters?

more_horiz
Gemeni monsters not just alius ._.

descriptionEffect cards that are treated as Normal Monsters? EmptyRe: Effect cards that are treated as Normal Monsters?

more_horiz
{DS}FTW wrote:
Gemeni monsters not just alius ._.

I noticed that. But I am still uncertain what exactly I have to do to activate the effect.

more_horiz
Here's how Geminis work;

You have to normal summon them twice to get their effect.

Like with Alius, you Summon it. Now its on the field now next turn you can Gemini Summon it so it gains its effect.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gemini

more_horiz
Yoshiya Joshua Kiryu wrote:
Here's how Geminis work;

You have to normal summon them twice to get their effect.

Like with Alius, you Summon it. Now its on the field now next turn you can Gemini Summon it so it gains its effect.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gemini

Will both Gemini Monsters gain the effect? Or just the first one?

more_horiz
There is no second gemini monster. It works like this

I summon 1 Neos Alius.

My next turn comes

I declare I'm normal summoning again (called a gemini summon) the neos alius that I already have on the field. There is no 2nd neos alius being summoned.

more_horiz
Thanks, everyone, I got it now!

more_horiz
First of all, Gemini Monsters are treated differently than both Normal Monsters and Effect Monsters. They're their own type of monster that can be treated as either during a specific time. Gemini Monsters are treated as Normal Monsters until they're summoned once more (double summon, Gemini summon, second summon, ect). When you conduct this summon on an existing Gemini Monster that's treated as a Normal Monster, it counts towards your limit for normal summons for that turn. Only after you summon it again this way will be be treated as an Effect Monster. It's still a Gemini Monster in addition to being either an Effect or a Normal Monster, as is the case with Gemini Spark and other other effects.

more_horiz
Any other questions?

more_horiz
Question answere. Le Locked~~

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply