Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDRAGUNITY DECK HELP  EmptyDRAGUNITY DECK HELP

more_horiz
I want a pure dragunity deck !! here is my deck list

MONSTERS(16)
3 aklys
1 arma leyvaten
3 arma mystletainn
3 dux
3 legionnaire
3 phalanx

SPELLS (17)
1 book of moon
3 cards of consonance
1 dark hole
3 ravine
1 heavy storm
1 monster reborn
3 mystical space typhoon
3 terraforming
1 forbidden lance

TRAPS(7)
1 bottomless trap hole
1 compulsory evacuation device
2 mirror force
1 solemn judgement
2 threatening roar
EXTRA
1 ally of justice castor
1 black-winged dragon
1 D.K gae bulg
3 D.K vajrayana
2 red dragon archfiend
2 scrap dragon
3 stradust dragon
1 trident dragion
1 photon strike bounzer

I fixed something what now ?

Last edited by Aramor on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionDRAGUNITY DECK HELP  EmptyRe: DRAGUNITY DECK HELP

more_horiz
Pure dragunity sucks~

The only must have dragunities you need are;

3x dux
3x phalanx
3x legionnaire
2-3x aklys

now a standard build would use those cards and

1x sangan
1x leyvaten
2-3x mystletainn
3x veiler
1x malefic stardust

the only trap you should main is TTH, dragunities are a deck about speed and traps slow them down to much~

Spells should be like BoM, 3 CoC, DH, 3 ravine, 3 lance, heavy, reborn, 3 MST, PoA, 2 terra.

more_horiz
Never, Ever run Malefic Stardust. it isn't worth losing the attacks from the other monsters you can summon to protect your field spell. it also isn't worth losing your Stardust to get. As for traps, you should run 2 Mirror Force, 1 Compulsory, 1 Imperial Iron Wall, 2 Scrap-Iron, 1 Solemn Warning, and 1 Ultimate Offering to speed up the deck's summon capability. Spells: INFERNO RECKLESS SUMMON. This is a necessary card for Dragunitys that allows you to pull out cards such as Red Nova Dragon and Trident Dragon in one turn without sacrificing life points or other things. Other Spells: 1 Cards of Consonance, 2 Enemy Controller, 1 Pot of Avarice, 1 Foolish Burial, 1 Heavy Storm, and 2 to 3 Dragon Ravine. LeyVaten is also completely unnecessary, and he slows down the deck a lot. Run 3 Dux, 3 Phalanx, 3 Legionnaire, , 3 Aklys, and 3 Arma Mystletainn. these are the only Dragunity cards you need to run. Anything else slows down the deck and makes it unnecessarily slow to synch. For the Extra Deck: You don't need any of the DDragunity Knights except for Vajrayana, and you should run Red Nova if you are going to run Red Dragon Archfiend. it is also helpful to run 2 Stardusts, just to prevent destruction effects. Colossal Fighter and T.G. Hyp also help, Hyp because this deck should Synchro a lot. as for the XYZ monsters, i feel that they slow down the deck too much, but that depends a lot on how you run the deck. As a side note, Dark Hole also has a tendancy to hinder the deck, so i don't recommend running it.

more_horiz
Malefic Stardust dragon - Sure it doesn't let your other monsters attack, but you can still bring them out, and it makes your opponent waste cards to get rid of, so they can get rid of your field spell. But you never want to run more then 1, unless your running a malefic hybrid deck.

The only traps you should run in a Dragunity deck are 3 CED and the solemn birgade or just TTH, because Dragunity needs the speed and the more traps you have, the slower they are.

Inferno Reckless Summon is only needed for Red Nova and should only be played in a build based on bringing Red Nova out. Other wise never play it. And if you need it to bring out Trident then you don't know how to use Leyvaten.

You want 3 CoC, its a great plus for Dragunities, go ravine, add a Phalanx or Aklys to hand then CoC.

Lance is better then controller for obvious reasons.

Foolish should be played if you have the room, but Dragunities have enough deck thinning power without it.

3 Ravine, no exceptions. and 2-3 Terraforming Always.

Leyvaten = instant Trident, durrrr, the only reason to run it, so only ever run it at 1 as it brings out Trident EASIER then inferno which also gives your opponent a monster.

you only want 2 Myst, Unless you are playing loop, otherwise only ever play 2. Myst is only there if you dux/legio gets veiler, you draw phalanx and can't dump it to the grave, or you a used up legio/vaj combo to still get a level 8.

H's mostly right about the extra deck. But only run Red nova if your build is centered around playing it.

XYZs should only be played in the following dragunity decks; The deck that uses the hieratic loop, a dragunity dec that focuses around bringing bounzer and stardust out in turn 1, or a hybird deck.

And about Dark Hole, it NEVER hinders the deck, NEVER. It is a must have staple for ANY deck out there. So always play it, no matter what.

So basically, don't listen to the above post except about the extra deck.

I know my dragunities and have been playing them since I started playing Yugioh competitively, mostly because when I started competitively they were good and then I couldn't afford anything else. But they are still my fave and I will always know their ins and outs.

more_horiz
Sorry dude, but Dark Hole killed my deck when i ran it, so...
And also, trident is a pain in the rear for the deck, so it isn't really worth running. Yes, most of today's threats are in the extra deck, but a lot of decks benefit from getting them sent to the graveyard, or just send them back to the extra deck. Not very useful. and with less traps, you leave yourself too open to attack. I know. I have played Dragunitys for almost a year now, and without good trap support, you die too easily. As for slowing down the deck, i only run the above listed traps in my deck, and i can easily bring out multiple level 8 synchro monsters in a turn, sometimes two turns in a row. i rarely have a hand where i can't synch that turn. more traps do not slow the deck down, they save your rear. i used to run only 3 traps, and the deck died so easily in the current game that inever lasted morre than 2 to 3 turns. As for terraforming, with 3 of the field spell, you will be drawing into it often enough that you don't need that many terraforming. 1 is plenty. Inferno reckless can be used in combination with monster reborn to bring out two level 8 synchro monsters in one turn. it is an extremely useful card in many situations, and also can help you build up a better defense in a bad situation.
i don't run Vieler, except in my side deck, and Arma Mystletainn is a good combo with phalanx for an instant level 8. it is a very good card to run if you want to speed up the deck.

Overall, i think you and I run 2 completely different styles of dragunitys, so the decks are bound to have their differences, but overall, I think that a combination of both styles could work even better than the two on their own.

To Aramor,
The two builds seen here are two completely different styles of dragunitys. which you want to try is up to you. Yoshiya's seems to be designed to recover quickly after you lose field advantage. Mine is designed to try and keep that field advantage, and if that isn't possible, level the playing field. Both are equally plausible, and are both equally fun to play. try both and find your preference, of create a hybrid. It's up to you.

more_horiz
Then you aren't play Dark Hole right. Plain and Simple. Dark Hole is a must for all decks that aren't Exodia or Burn.

Trident = Trident Dragion which can equal OTK dude.

Good for you, I've been playing Dragunity longer, like 2 years.

Your traps are bad for the most part. Never run more then 6. If you must run more then TTH then run Solemn J, Solemn W, and CED ONLY. those are the best trap cards this format. Deal with it. Only side Imperial Iron Wall. And Iron scarecrow sucks. As for Offering.. Well I see why you run it but its not really needed especially it being at 1 and being a optimal MST target.

With 3 of the field spell only you will not draw on it enough. That's relying on luck and what happens when you rely on luck? You get screwed. Always play 2-3 to minimize the luck factor. And if you get more then one copy of the field in hand it just means more discard fodder.

Again Reckless Summon should ONLY be played in a Red Nova build. You can get two level 8s with it and reborn? yipee I can get that with a single reborn, or a level 5, or a level 10. It also gives your opponent free monsters which is not good. I've had duel were Reckless Summon cost me the game.

Veiler is a great card to main this format. It stops WU and Rabbit plays and it can slow down Mermails a bit.

I know my Dragunities man, don't mess with me.

more_horiz
Again, we run two different styles. they work completely differently, so what works for one of us may not work for the other. my build works for me, and your build works for you.

more_horiz
Memo's build works better though ._.

Anyway, Gae Dearg and Zephyros is always fun :T... just saying.

more_horiz
You don't play Dark Hole, what a noob.

WTF Sparta Into you thinking straight, honestly dude Reborn is a badass topdeck card that never fails, if you take it out, quit ygo, it isnt worth explaining

more_horiz
Dude, Dark Hole killed my deck when i ran it. It was a dead draw too often, and ultimately slowed down my deck too much. Without Dark Hole, my deck runs much faster and smoother than it did with Dark Hole. The deck also became more consistent about summoning my more powerful monsters and often winning. My not running Dark Hole is justified. It wasn't worth it in my deck.

more_horiz
Shisha no Joushou wrote:
Dude, Dark Hole killed my deck when i ran it. It was a dead draw too often, and ultimately slowed down my deck too much. Without Dark Hole, my deck runs much faster and smoother than it did with Dark Hole. The deck also became more consistent about summoning my more powerful monsters and often winning. My not running Dark Hole is justified. It wasn't worth it in my deck.

Dark Hole is always worth it.

Simply because you can't count on the duel to go in your favor every single time. You have to plan for when your opponent will get more monsters then you and you won't have a single one on the field.

more_horiz
I can see what you all are saying, not running Dark hole is VERY unconventional. But at the same time, Shisha no Joushou has given his reasoning MANY times, and his opinion should be valued and considered or even tried, not shot down right away.

And in addition, to those of you who HAVE tried not running dark hole:

Just because dark hole works better for you does not mean it works good for Shisha no Joushou. Everyone plays YuGiOh a little different. So just because you strongly disagree with an idea does not mean that the idea is invalid, no matter how much experience you have. It just means that the idea is different.

And lets not forget: if you never try anything new, you will forever suck at YuGiOh.

more_horiz
bobee42 wrote:
I can see what you all are saying, not running Dark hole is VERY unconventional. But at the same time, Shisha no Joushou has given his reasoning MANY times, and his opinion should be valued and considered or even tried, not shot down right away.

And in addition, to those of you who HAVE tried not running dark hole:

Just because dark hole works better for you does not mean it works good for Shisha no Joushou. Everyone plays YuGiOh a little different. So just because you strongly disagree with an idea does not mean that the idea is invalid, no matter how much experience you have. It just means that the idea is different.

And lets not forget: if you never try anything new, you will forever suck at YuGiOh.

I've tried not running Dark Hole before. Won't believe how many times I regretted not running it. And yes this was with a Dragunity deck. Not running Dark Hole in a deck that isn't Exodia or Brun is like running a Rabbit deck without Rescue Rabbit or running a Wind-Up deck without Wind-Up Magician.

more_horiz
once again, I feel you may not have read alllof my post:

"Just because dark hole works better for you does not mean it works good for Shisha no Joushou. Everyone plays YuGiOh a little different. So just because you strongly disagree with an idea does not mean that the idea is invalid, no matter how much experience you have. It just means that the idea is different."

more_horiz
Oh I read all of it. But not running Dark Hole returns to the luck factor. You are gonna be praying that you opponent doesn't get rid of your field and then swarm his own field. Which comes down to luck. Dark Hole slightly makes that luck factor not so big because it will let you get out of that situation.

more_horiz
I still can't grasp how one major destruction card can do horrible in a deck, and the plot of this deck is to hope that your field isnt destroyed, what happens then huh, what happens when you are about to lose, bet you wish you had that dark hole now.

more_horiz
Yoshiya Joshua Kiryu wrote:
Oh I read all of it. But not running Dark Hole returns to the luck factor. You are gonna be praying that you opponent doesn't get rid of your field and then swarm his own field. Which comes down to luck. Dark Hole slightly makes that luck factor not so big because it will let you get out of that situation.

I guess you just aren't gonna listen then...

more_horiz
bobee42 wrote:
Yoshiya Joshua Kiryu wrote:

I guess you just aren't gonna listen then...

Oh I read it and I listened. But Dark Hole has nothing to do with how you play. Seeing as it's one of the number one staples of the game. Dark Hole is there to turn a bad situation into your favor.

more_horiz
Still don't see how Dark Hole is a bad card in the deck, if you say that then take out every other stupid staple you have, cuz MST and Reborn are just as important as Dark Hole is, maybe it shows how bad of a player the person is if they screw up with dark hole

Point is, Dark Hole is a great card that can never go wrong, and if you are that person who is the exception, then you bad

more_horiz
not really relying on luck at all here. i don't feel i need Dark Hole, especially with the Legionaire/Aklys combo to destroy the field and the back row. i never have been in a situation where i have wished i had dark hold, because the way my deck runs is that is is designed so that i don't need it to get out of a bad situation. i can always bring out a monster to counter them. No luck relied on at all. the Field spell takes care of that problem entirely.

more_horiz
Back on topic, guys. Take this to PM or make a separate post debating about it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply