Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMy Dragunity Deck EmptyMy Dragunity Deck

more_horiz
Monsters (28)
1x Blue-eyes White Dragon
1x Paladin of White Dragon
1x Wall of Illusion
1x Dark Tinker
1x Dragunity Legionnaire
1x Luster Dragon #2
1x Hunter Owl
1x Flying Kamakiri #1
1x Armed Dragon Lv3/Lv5
1x Dragunity Tribus
2x Masked Dragon
1x Dragunity Militum
1x Dragunity Primus Pilus
1x Garuda the Wind Spirit
1x Dragunity Arma Mystletainn
1x Dragunity Arma Leyvaten
1x Dragunity Aklys
1x Spear Dragon
1x Man-Eater Bug
1x Dragunity Darkspear
1x Sinister Serpent
1x Dragunity Javelin
1x Dragunity Dux
1x Mist Valley Falcon
1x Twin-Headed Behemoth
1x Blazing Inpachi
1x Dragunity Brandistock

Spell (21)
1x White Dragon Ritual
1x Swords of Revealing Light
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Cursed Armaments
1x Creature Swap
1x Stamping Destruction
1x Dragon's Gunfire
1x Foolish Burial
1x Dragon Ravine
1x Burden of the Mighty
2x Card Destruction
1x Mind Control
1x Mesmeric Control
1x Mage Power
1x Monster Reincarnation
1x Hidden Armory
1x Dragon Mastery
1x Sebek's Blessing
1x Symbols of Duty
1x Silent Doom
1x Riryoku

Traps (9)
1x Nutrient Z
1x Mirror Force
1x Birthright
1x Windstorm of Etaqua
1x Relieve Monster
1x Dragon's Rage
1x Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi
1x Legacy of Yata-Garasu
1x Icarus Attack

Extra Deck (3)
1x Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth (Synchro)
1x Gachi Gachi Gantetsu (XYZ Lv2)
1x Grenosaurus (XYZ Lv3)

Last edited by X-Destroyer on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity and Removal of borrowed card.)

descriptionMy Dragunity Deck EmptyRe: My Dragunity Deck

more_horiz
How many cards is this?
It looks like way too many to be a Dragunity Deck..

more_horiz
it should total out at exactly 60 cards. theres just not many duplicate cards in the deck. plus, i augmented it with some miscellaneous cards that i thought would shore up any bad sides. also, note that i built the deck for friendly duels and not tournament-style build.

more_horiz
Why didn't You imgur it? It would be alot easier to help out with a visual.

more_horiz
try doing this format to help us, help you:

Monsters (#):

3: ABC
2: XYX
1: GHI

Spells (#):

3: QWE
2: ASD
1: ZXC

Traps (#):

3: RTY
2: FGH
1: VBN

Extra (#, max 15):

3: UIO
2: JKL
1: BNM

Side (#, max 15):

3: QAZ
2: WSX
1: EDC

With that format, we can better help you

also, I know you said it isnt a tournament build, and is a deck for friendly duels, but in general, the only dragunity monsters you want to use are:

3x Dux
3x Phalynx
2x Legionair
2x Aklys
2x arma mystletainn
possibly: arma leyvaten

Last edited by Nightmare5019 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
can someone explain more in-depth how that format works? i would have used it, but i dont really understand it Neutral it doesnt seem very intuitive. and i'll try to put up a screenshot of the Deck Constructor for it.

more_horiz
Destroyer your listing the say monsters, and in the header of that section "Monsters (#)" you replace the "#" with the total monsters so say this was my monster list:

Monsters (9):

3: Red Gadget
3: Green Gadget
3: Yellow Gadget

this lets another person reading your deck list see "okay so he has 9 monsters, and they are..." its for readability, it makes it soooooooo much easier to read then what you have above.

more_horiz
This deck seems quite Random as most of the cards are at 1 and 2 cards at 2 as Masked Dragon and Card Destruction and the latter one is actually limited to 1. I think you should totally search a dragunity deck/article and learn how to build one cuz this deck shows no strategy or what so ever.

more_horiz
Let me help in a way no one did Dont put 60 cards ._.

more_horiz
darkshadow wrote:
Let me help in a way no one did Dont put 60 cards ._.

unless your playing a deck that mills cards, and or lowers your decks size. 40 cards is the best, as darkshadow said, this is due to a little thing called probability, after you draw your starting hand (taking your deck down by 5 cards), you now have a 1 x X/n-5 of a chance of drawing the card you want

let me explain that a little (1 x X/n-5), the top 1/2:

1 x X, being 1 times the number of copies of that card that remains in the deck, so if we go back to my monster list above, and i have 2 of my red gadgets left, the top 1/2 of my equation is going to be 1 x 2, coming out to be 2

now let me explain the bottom half (n-5):

n represents the starting size of your deck, with a 40 card deck, i now i have 35 cards left. With your 60 card deck, you'll have 55

now, looking at those together (2/35, 2/55):

2/35 comes out to be a 5.7% chance of me getting my red gadget. 2/55 comes out to be 3.6% of a chance of drawing my red gadget

that means my chances of drawing my little red gadget, is increased by 2.1%! this might not sound like much, but in a game where luck is a factor, having that "luck" be more in your favor, is key. So 2.1%, means most of the time, my starting hand with a 40 card deck, will be better then your 60 card deck starting hand.

Last edited by Nightmare5019 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Drop it down to 40 dude. Dragunity's don't need 60 cards[most decks don't] to start the pwnage

more_horiz
I see your point of the 40 card deck, but most of my friends have Appropriate/Mill deck builds, where the more cards your opponent has, the longer that duel would run and the harder it would be to win that way. Therefore, my main strategy is to win by slowly powering up monsters while they sit there and force me to draw every other turn and allowing me to keep it with Infinite Cards. Dragunity Dux + Dragon Mastery is a good combination for that, by continuing to equip him with more cards (hence the amount of Dragunity monsters in the deck) he powers up due to more Dragunity "cards" on the field (not necessarily monsters). Also, comboing Aklys' effect to summon either Mystletainn or Leyvaten, along with the seemingly random White Dragon card set, allows me to quickly summon powerful monsters if I happen not to draw Dux/Dragon Mastery. Card Destruction helps me by allowing me to reset their hands, and more than once have won by either destroying Appropriate because they didn't have room to set it, or destroying a few of their cards meant to force me to draw and them not drawing more of them. Masked Dragon is there because almost every other monster (including Armed Dragon Lv3) is Wind attribute, therefore allowing me to summon them. Armed Dragon Lv3 could then, next turn, come into a much more powerful Armed Dragon Lv5. So, most of my seemingly random cards actually tie into my multiple win strategies aimed at time-sensitive summoning of monsters or making their win condition impossible by eliminating their ability to force me to draw. Even further, if you notice, Blazing Inpachi, Luster Dragon #2, Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth and Blue-eyes White Dragon are all Normal Monsters. Utilizing that, the combo Symbols of Duty + Birthright gives you the ability to pull a monster from your graveyard if you need it, without using my Monster Reincarnation. Also, Sinister Serpent, if I need it, can annoy the enemy by being a defender until I find something better to summon.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply