Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

A Pokemon Showdown BA

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+13
Alikaey
Jue Viole Grace
Anzo
Naito Raizu
Smokey
Gustavo
Bloody Kiss
girlchan
Neji
Eheroduelist
Linda-Senpai
FluffyTots
Amy Rose
17 posters

descriptionA Pokemon Showdown BA EmptyA Pokemon Showdown BA

more_horiz
i think that we should have and area for pokemon fans such ad a Battle arena for Pokemon Showdown and an RP and Hangout area just a suggestion u dont have to do it but if you did it would be cool

descriptionA Pokemon Showdown BA EmptyRe: A Pokemon Showdown BA

more_horiz
Already tried this with MTG. They say no dis is Ygomonz forum. They such nabs e.e

more_horiz
would make DA more fun. I support this

more_horiz
idgi

if you want to RP/BA with Pokemon, why not join a Pokemon forum? o_O

more_horiz
^ Nab e.e

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:
idgi

if you want to RP/BA with Pokemon, why not join a Pokemon forum? o_O

ive been member of smogon for about 3 years and am voiced on PS, so I hope you werent talking to me

more_horiz
This is a YGO forum.
But eh. This would be a nice addition

more_horiz
FluffyTots wrote:
Already tried this with MTG. They say no dis is Ygomonz forum. They such nabs e.e
No, they said that it didn't count towards league. We still got the DP for it, and has been said before that it can be for whatever, including chess.

more_horiz
I've seen this on other forums and imo this is a very nice idea.
From my point of view, Pokemon is more popular than MTG, so this could actually work.
Buuut this is up to the admins. ;d

more_horiz
Bloodie Boi wrote:
From my point of view, Pokemon is more popular than MTG, so this could actually work.
MTG is way more popular than Pokemon. Your perception that Pokemon being more popular than MTG is because of the communities you visit, but actually has a larger playerbase than YGO in the U.S.

more_horiz
Danica, the Great wrote:
Bloodie Boi wrote:
MTG is way more popular than Pokemon. Your perception that Pokemon being more popular than MTG is because of the communities you visit, but actually has a larger playerbase than YGO in the U.S.

As I said "From my point of view".
The huge advantage I see in Pokemon is, that it is a fairly simple game. I've never tried MTG, simply because people say that it is really difficult.
I also think that it is important that we consider the different age groups in this case. Pokemon is a game that really anyone with basic reading skills can play, while MTG seems to be a game for older people. "Older" as in "teenagers" at best.
I'm not sure based on which statistics you're saying that MTG's community is bigger than Pkmn's or Ygo's, but it does sound unrealistic to me.

more_horiz
Bloodie Boi wrote:
Danica, the Great wrote:
Bloodie Boi wrote:

The huge advantage I see in Pokemon is, that it is a fairly simple game. I've never tried MTG, simply because people say that it is really difficult.
I also think that it is important that we consider the different age groups in this case. Pokemon is a game that really anyone with basic reading skills can play, while MTG seems to be a game for older people. "Older" as in "teenagers" at best.
I'm not sure based on which statistics you're saying that MTG's community is bigger than Pkmn's or Ygo's, but it does sound unrealistic to me.

I dont think you've ever played competitive pokemon.

more_horiz
Bloodie Boi wrote:
Danica, the Great wrote:
Bloodie Boi wrote:

I said it was bigger in the U.S., which it is. I'd need to find the statistics, but it's official.

And it's not about what game is simpler. The discussion at hand was doing different games that count towards BAs, not skill floors.

more_horiz
I fail to see how anyone whos actually played competitive pokemon can call it simple e_e

more_horiz
When I said simpler, I meant that it's obvsly much easier to learn, which could encourage people to actually play it.
I believe that a Pkmn BA would have more followers than a MTG BA.

@Danica: If you can find the statistics, I'd love to see them. Not saying I don't believe you, but you made me curious.

@cica: Competitive playing isn't that hard, unless it got harder since I stopped.

more_horiz
Bloodie Boi wrote:
When I said simpler, I meant that it's obvsly much easier to learn, which could encourage people to actually play it.
I believe that a Pkmn BA would have more followers than a MTG BA.

@Danica: If you can find the statistics, I'd love to see them. Not saying I don't believe you, but you made me curious.

@cica: Competitive playing isn't that hard, unless it got harder since I stopped.

it takes far more skill than yugioh, and a lot of predicition, and calculations e_e

more_horiz
i might get into pokemon D:

more_horiz
Gustavito wrote:

you should be ashamed

more_horiz
H3R0_ELITE wrote:
Gustavito wrote:

you should be ashamed

No he shouldnt. Cant judge it off of the anime e_e

more_horiz
H3R0_ELITE wrote:
Gustavito wrote:

you should be ashamed

you should be ashamed if you're playing yugioh, as of now

more_horiz
Competitive Pokemon is a lot of fun. I encourage those who are interested to take a look into it.

more_horiz
its certainly more fun than herp derp yugioh e_e

more_horiz
Depends on what your mood is, but Pokemon is a lot of fun. Especially since they added dream world abilities and thus gave us Drought Ninetales and Drizzle Politoed

more_horiz
This forum is for YGO, not Pokemon.

more_horiz
No matter what Anzo says, just ignore him, I support this idea strongly.

Although I do agree that this is supposed to be a YGO! forum, these sort of things can still be flourishingly cared for in the Off-Topic Gaming Section.

+1 or this topic

@Bloodie Boi: It really takes a while to get into competitive Pokémon if you want to understand all the EVs, IVs, Item and Ability Usage, which setup is best, Team Constellations and everything.

more_horiz
It's still not a Pokemon forum.

more_horiz
Something like this could go in the Off Topics along with the MTG and other stuff but I don't think it would be possible to make it a part of the actual forum such as adding BAs and such for it. Would ruin the entire point of a YGO! forum.

more_horiz
Danica, the Great wrote:
FluffyTots wrote:
No, they said that it didn't count towards league. We still got the DP for it, and has been said before that it can be for whatever, including chess.

Chess? I wanna chess duel. Also, I am assuming this would use pokemon online?

more_horiz
PokemonShowdown is better. *cough*

more_horiz
Why don't you make a poll and let us all vote for it? But does anyone play at Pokemon world online?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply