Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

CHATBOX RULES!! <MUST READ!>

+22
Nuran
Gustavo
Typical Jew™
FluffyTots
bakura normal
Chovy
SoulEater
Nelynel12
Phoenix King
Sylveraine
Gracco
! High Dutchman Gianus
KingMP94
girlchan
Neji
Linda-Senpai
~Accelerate~
LethalAfterZ
Enigma_m7
Anzo
Nekofjung
Jue Viole Grace
26 posters

pollDo you like DA's Chat rules?

I like it.
50%
Better without it.
32%
Doesn't matter either way.
18%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionCHATBOX RULES!! <MUST READ!> - Page 2 EmptyCHATBOX RULES!! <MUST READ!>

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

CHATBOX RULES

Due to yesterday's events some people may have noticed, I temporarily disabled the chatbox for some time yesterday.
I have seen that step to be necessary for the moment, although I might have exaggerated slightly.

Anyways, I want EVERYONE to read the Chatbox Rules found HERE!! No exceptions, everyone must read those rules.

If your connection is slow or whatsoever reason there may be that you're unable to read those chatbox rules, I will quote them below:

CHATBOX RULES wrote:

Code:

12 ) Chatbox Rules. The following is not allowed:
12.1 - Usage of inappropriate language bypassing the censors (this includes using all variants of using numbers or Special Characters which replace letters in every way - such as b1tch or n1gg3r)
12.2 - Posting illegal or sexually explicit content with or without malicious intent
12.3 - Using other language than English in your posts.
12.4 - Arguing with other members no matter who is guilty.
12.5 - Harassing other members.
12.6 - Advertising.
12.7 - Disrespecting Chat Moderators.
12.8 - Posting excessively large images without using spoiler tags and explicitely warning other users about the over-size of the image(s).
- Doing any of the above will get you banned from the Chatbox for undefined time; moderation may issue warnings at their content.

Furthermore, I will also introduce you all to the new 7-Strike System, which is as follows:

7-Strike System wrote:

Code:

1st Strike: Verbal warning and may be kicked from chat.
2nd Strike: Final warning and kick from chat.
3rd Strike: Kick from chat.
4th Strike: Ban from chat for 24 hours.
5th Strike: Ban from chat for 48 hours.
6th Strike: Ban from chat for 1 week.
7th Strike: perma-ban.

In addition to that, we will unban all currently banned users and deplete all records held for each user so EACH USER GETS A NEW CHANCE TO PROVE THEMSELVES. Each user will only receive those 7 chances above.
Yet, only Administration may issue permanent bans.

THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS MADE FOR ANYONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!

Thank you for your attention, DA.

Last edited by Irate on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCHATBOX RULES!! <MUST READ!> - Page 2 EmptyRe: CHATBOX RULES!! <MUST READ!>

more_horiz
????? when did someone get banned for no reason?? and what power trips are you talkin about? The rules on chat are not so that admins can have more power or to be biased, thats a dumb thing to say. I believe the attempt to have SET rules is so that the admins choices of punishment for those not willing to follow chat rules is CONSISTENT!!! the rules are never a problem, the problem comes when the rules are being broke and the punishments come... simple solution ( dont be a prick and troll on chat and none of this has to go down! )

descriptionCHATBOX RULES!! <MUST READ!> - Page 2 EmptyRe: CHATBOX RULES!! <MUST READ!>

more_horiz
Chovy

1 Lurk more

2 Basic psychology
More rules --> more control --> more butthurt

Anyone and Everyone

Basic logic and reasoning skills...self-restraint...knowing when and how much to do something---such as trollin...and real sense
^^Pro stuff there

more_horiz
Chovy wrote:
????? when did someone get banned for no reason?? and what power trips are you talkin about? The rules on chat are not so that admins can have more power or to be biased, thats a dumb thing to say. I believe the attempt to have SET rules is so that the admins choices of punishment for those not willing to follow chat rules is CONSISTENT!!! the rules are never a problem, the problem comes when the rules are being broke and the punishments come... simple solution ( dont be a prick and troll on chat and none of this has to go down! )

About 4 people got banned by JJ just yesterday because he disagreed with our posts on Lexi's topic, We thought it was laughable, heck everyone did, but because he thought it was beautiful we couldn't think overwise.

The rules were fine before, there will always be rule breakers, you have rules, people will break them, this is just pushing down more rules into our normal members throats, it's Bullshit. Always has been always will be.

Gianus was correct, this place a few months ago was best, if a troll came we'd speak with them, Johan was even banned I think. It was fine. Some people were bitching because they were treated unfairly but it was dealt with.

Now this is just stupid, the rules were fine months ago, they haven't changed. So lets look at what has changed...

1: new members - We have new members but not even half are active and more than half have never broke a rule.
2: Layout - Some new banners and ranks, but i'm sure as hell that didn't affect behavior.
3: Staff - Ding ding ding, process of elimination.

I have actually spoken with a lot of people about this.

GirlChan
Whatup1111
Neji
Frost
Saber
and more of your good loyal active members.

What did we all agree on ? Well JJ is a retard for the most part, but the staff he sucks from what it was months ago.

Heck I even sent Nuran a chart.
Irate joined: F-ck
Amy left: Double f-ck
New mods: t(-.-t) F-ck... You... All..
Nuran left: F-ck this sh*t.

My convo with whatup today:
bakura normal: WTF JJ IS STILL MOD, are you f*cking kidding me, he rage banned all of us and he doesn't get that sh*t taken away? you f-cking joking?
whatup1111: I know
whatup1111: It's BS
whatup1111: and the admins do nothing about it
whatup1111: wtf...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My point: You guys are seriously failing without Amy or Nuran. You're hiring abusive staff, making up new rules that do nothing but cause more stress to your normal members and are sitting back like " We have this under control".
No you don't.
Don't kid yourself.

Ps: I made this because I had nothing better to do well waiting for my friend to set up her new game.

Last edited by bakura normal on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
I think we all need to learn when to stop before crossing the line.

more_horiz
fire all slifer mods ;D

more_horiz
this is ridiculous

more_horiz
Thanks for the shoutout bako higly appreciated

Anyway this topic is about rules be getting out of control mostly cause JJ been abusing his powers i seen the screenshot but you all are going about it the wrong way. Have any of you sent a pm to king or anzo screenshot of jj abusing before posting in this topic. If You did and the DA staff didn't react the way then you all wanted then that's alright. When i was admin/mod in chat for the past couple of months i never notice anything real bad. The "Lurkers" lol the only lurker i seen at that time was phantom and hell me and him were joking around with danica and holy and the females know its a joke. The reason why this Chat be out of wack at times in mostly cause the of the whole old generation new generation struggle. But the the thing you don't realize is no matter how much staff tries to express the rules the more the regular members resent. As DA staff it is our responsibility to make your welcome here as exciting as it can be But rather then say "This academy sucks" "Demote all the slifer nabs" Give actual suggestions on how you want DA to improve. One of DA staff biggest mistakes was probably unbanning people on the ban list. Forumotion added the /ban command for a reason for situation like these. To Mods you were giving a @ on the chat for a reason its up to you to know when to Ban people. But if your gonna ban people for saying "you suck as mod" or disagreeing with you on a topic then step down. As staff we all have haters but if you want to be staff your gonna have to be ready for situations for when people dont like u and such we all have those moments. Hell when i was staff i had those moments like that not everyone can be like Amy Cool But i dealt with it and you guys can too.

more_horiz
Nuran got it

And a +1

Last edited by LegendaryFrost on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
baku this be why u got banned https://i.imgur.com/ff1u6.jpg

seems legit.

more_horiz
I 100% agree with Baku and Nuran's above posts on this page.

and that link N...seems legit. Also seems like JJ was being a bit touchy..admins need to know how to ignore stuff more than anyone else. Often if u ignore it then it will stop.

So yeh....most the active peeps that have posted in here and many more...as seen on list on Baku's post...seem to agree that the staff is the issue...

Should we hold a poll as to which staff to vote off?

May be we can do this DA Survivor style and bring all the staff over to Monkey Island to see who outlasts????

more_horiz
Can I be unbanned from the chat now with that note

more_horiz
Basically what Nuran, Baku, and Gracco have said, on top of what has been discussed in the staff section screenshot thread and in the chat earlier. It would be retarded if he kept his position as a mod.

more_horiz
haha! so u guys want a chat filled with people insulting other people, cursing in every sentence and out of control statements! you guys would prefer if noone said anything about anything! If thats what u guys want then u guys need to just step up and say that! jj just spent the WHOLE day today getting trolled by a good number of people, and u guys are wondering why theres more chat rules to follow? @Gracco, u say that admins should need to know how to ignore stuff more than anyone else? what sense does that make when its the moderators job to keep order in chat!?!?!?!?? i mean keep it real folks, dont say that jj is abusing his powers as moderator because hes not, say that you dont want any rules on chat, at least then you would seem to be more honest!!

more_horiz
Agree with chovy.

more_horiz
Chovy wrote:
haha! so u guys want a chat filled with people insulting other people, cursing in every sentence and out of control statements! you guys would prefer if noone said anything about anything! If thats what u guys want then u guys need to just step up and say that! jj just spent the WHOLE day today getting trolled by a good number of people, and u guys are wondering why theres more chat rules to follow? @Gracco, u say that admins should need to know how to ignore stuff more than anyone else? what sense does that make when its the moderators job to keep order in chat!?!?!?!?? i mean keep it real folks, dont say that jj is abusing his powers as moderator because hes not, say that you dont want any rules on chat, at least then you would seem to be more honest!!

He got trolled because of his blatant power abuse. You weren't even here yesterday when he was going crazy abusing because of people disagreeing with his opinion.

" so u guys want a chat filled with people insulting other people, cursing in every sentence and out of control statements!"

Yes, I would enjoy that. It's just a chatbox where people come to chill, who gives a f*ck.

more_horiz
People give a f*ck lethal! thats why people are making post about leaving DA! correct me if im wrong but DA is not a place for trolls its a place for duelest who want to become better! a site where people can experience the acadamy just like the show, a place where people can be competitive and have FUN!!!!!
thats the key word lethal FUN!!! and trolling is only fun for the people TROLLING!!!!! insulting people is not fun for the person being insulted! ur saying that people should HAVE to deal with that? then ur selfish and dont care about others on this site and new people that come!
and No i wasnt there yesterday, but if it was anything like today, then the people that got kicked probably deserved it!

more_horiz
Chovy wrote:
People give a f*ck lethal! thats why people are making post about leaving DA! correct me if im wrong but DA is not a place for trolls its a place for duelest who want to become better! a site where people can experience the acadamy just like the show, a place where people can be competitive and have FUN!!!!!
thats the key word lethal FUN!!! and trolling is only fun for the people TROLLING!!!!! insulting people is not fun for the person being insulted! ur saying that people should HAVE to deal with that? then ur selfish and dont care about others on this site and new people that come!
and No i wasnt there yesterday, but if it was anything like today, then the people that got kicked probably deserved it!

The only people who give a f*ck are the sensitive, immature kids such as jj, and no one is leaving what are you talking about? Yes DA is supposed to be fun but this is just a chatbox, and it can be hard to have fun when you're restricted by a bunch of ridiculous and unneeded rules. If someone is trolling you, just tell them to f*ck off and ignore them, simple. What's going on in the chatbox isn't even as bad as you're making it out to be, people just need to grow a pair honestly. Of course if things are really bad then mods/admins should be kicking/banning, but just for simple insults and minor "trolling", it's fine.

more_horiz
Like i said, UR SELFISH!!!! if someone is trolling me, ur right, all i have to do is tell them to f*ck off!! but everyone is not LIKE ME!!! everyone is not like u!! It shouldnt be a situation to where if someone wants to be a chat, people can troll with no worries about the rules! Ur acting as if everyone is Carefree and doesnt give a f*ck, well the simple fact is, its NOT TRUE!!!! like I said, if u want the chat to be filled with pricks and trolls and people insulting others then ask to take away the rules! Not everybody can take it, not everyone likes to be trolled and likes being insulted, and I for one see NOTHING wrong with that!

more_horiz
Chovy wrote:
Like i said, UR SELFISH!!!! if someone is trolling me, ur right, all i have to do is tell them to f*ck off!! but everyone is not LIKE ME!!! everyone is not like u!! It shouldnt be a situation to where if someone wants to be a chat, people can troll with no worries about the rules! Ur acting as if everyone is Carefree and doesnt give a f*ck, well the simple fact is, its NOT TRUE!!!! like I said, if u want the chat to be filled with pricks and trolls and people insulting others then ask to take away the rules! Not everybody can take it, not everyone likes to be trolled and likes being insulted, and I for one see NOTHING wrong with that!

we never said anything about trolling http://puu.sh/1mRsF thats why people are mad at jj.

more_horiz
The majority of the frequent visitors to the chat are carefree and don't give a f*ck. The number of those who don't give a f*ck far outweighs those who do give a f*ck. It's just a few sensitive and immature kids like jj making a big deal out of nothing. They must grow a pair and move on, that is all. Like I said, if things are really bad, which they aren't, then of course the staff should come in and kick/ban. But getting banned for disagreeing with an opinion and saying simple things like "you suck" is ridiculous. This whole "everyone is trolling" thing is being blown far out of proportion and you're ignoring the fact that jj actually did blatantly abuse his powers.

more_horiz
*sigh*

I'm kinda disappointed of DA, especially bako.
Remember when !YOU! wanted to quit because everyone said you were doing a horrible job?
Remember how it was me who told you not to give a damn? Remember how it was me who took screenshots of your bans in chat so that there would not be any doubts about that ban? Remember how I kept defending you in the chatbox when everyone shouted abuse because you kicked a person out of chat?

If you don't, then, please, I advise you to shut your mouth. If you do remember, then it's just utterly saddening that THIS is all the thanks you are giving me after how I defended you.

more_horiz
These pointless arguments.....

It's Simple...follow the rules if not, good bye.

Point. blank. period.

more_horiz
Lulz at how much chovy is being offended and rageTrolling while trying to speak out against trolls and those that would get offended.

unwritten social contracts that underly all of society and the dictates of real sense solve erryting.

to those that would give a F...esp this much F to even need this topic.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^UR DOIN IT WRONG

more_horiz
Locked because I feel like restricting you to have an opinion. Smile

(You see, feudalism always solves things before they even get spicy)

more_horiz
The rules have been voted in, apparently.

I will work together with our fellow admins in order to make the rules user-friendly.

You will be required to follow the rules until the rules are subject to modification, as mentioned above.

more_horiz
Wish i was herer to repond to this faster, all this in 3 days?

Chove: I understand you don't like when people troll you, or when they try to express their ideas in words that you dislike; however, the door of decision will always be open. It's hard to give attention when you're expressing your ideas in rage. It's the internet, welcome to this world. You're not supposed to be sensetive for each and every word you hear on a daily bases. You can try to play it their way, restrictions never did anyone anything good, still they are needed to keep things in order.

Lethal: The notion of having fun is different from a person to another, not everyone have the same idea about how to have fun. For example, Amy have fun when she talk about herself in third person and use the word feudalisim when when there is non, KingMP have fun when he makes fun out of people, Irate have fun when he used his fancy words, i have fun when i troll. Chove have fun in his own way, you can't ask him to ignore his way and follow yours. People need to understand thisis a YGo forum, sh*t can happen, but that doesn't mean it should.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum