Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Chatbox?

+8
SupremeKing
mimgrim
Eheroduelist
Anzo
jovanturner123
Jaden_Yuki--
Amy Kool
Mugen Daas
12 posters

pollWhich ChatBox you prefer?

The one at the bottom of our homepage (Forumotion default)
63%
The one at the right side of our homepage (Chatango custom)
37%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionChatbox? EmptyChatbox?

more_horiz
I know a lot of people use hamachi, but not everyone can run it - or download it for a variety of reasons (parents, crappy computer etc.)

Wouldn't a Chatbox be worth at least trying?

descriptionChatbox? EmptyRe: Chatbox?

more_horiz
duelacademy.net ->our home page. in the right corner you can see written DA's Chat Box.

On the other side that chatbox is not so practical maybe we should try to use forumotions default one. I'll speak with other stuff about it.

more_horiz
I agree amy that's sounds like a good ides =)

more_horiz
ya that does sound great

more_horiz
New Chatbox is added on homepage bottom. Now its up to you all to tell me which one you guys prefer to chat with so we can shut down one. Tell me here your opinions.

EDIT: I added poll so you can simply vote for the one you prefer.

more_horiz
The chat should be on like every page. no one stays on the home page for very long =/ i think it would increase interest here at DA and people would chat more ^^

more_horiz
it can't be at each page >_< , forumotion isn't that awesome.

more_horiz
ehh... i've seen a few websited with it on each page.

more_horiz
DDA has it on each page Razz

more_horiz
Adding chat on each page makes our forum look bad since that chat takes much space at the top or bottom. However we could add a script that hides it and opens when you need. (Honestly I think click on homepage or click on "show chat" makes things the same, if you don't care about few more KBs loaded). I will consider it but it will take some time as I have many other things to do but it will be done eventually.

more_horiz
Well in DDA we have it on the right side of the screen, instead of having it on top/bottom. I figure that oughta work here as well, seeing as how there is already stuff on the right side, you could just stick the Chatango one in there.

Thats if we wind up going with Chatango one anyway, if we go with Forummotion one it will have to stay at just homepage; which, as Jaden inadvertantly says, is entirely futile seeing as how hardly anyone stays @ homepage for a period longer than 0-5 mins tops.

more_horiz
i think a good idea for a chat box is to do like wikia doese in wich you just put a little link that can be viewed everywhere and when that link gets clicked on it opens up a new window for that chat box so you can just keep it up to whole time and if you already have a DA account it atuomaticly registers your username but that just what i think would be best :/

more_horiz
It does not happen in a click though. Click to you means lots of modifications in code for me. Since this is forumotions site its hard to recode things by force.

more_horiz
I suggest a floating chat box,like i said im good with forums its a widget no1 els has but me heres how it looks.

The Chat Stays at the bottom of the forum it has a nice sign in english welcomne to Duel Academy since that one is ment for my personal Bulgarian Academy Doom Academy.As you can see it has 4 icons at the left end of the bar one is for Home,second for personal profile,third for Rules (really important) and last but not least a full page of the chat box.

Chatbox? Chatvf

more_horiz
^ I like that idea. And since I like it, it should happen.

more_horiz
I prefer the forumotion default one since I am used to it. Not a fan of the other one.

more_horiz
I actually found a chat box... I don't know if it works? owo
and Z, you're not the high king of DA. Please take the attitude and ego somewhere else.

Edit: Go to "Portal"
scroll to bottom.
Click "log in"
chat.

more_horiz
Harbinger wrote:
I actually found a chat box... I don't know if it works? owo
and Z, you're not the high king of DA. Please take the attitude and ego somewhere else.

Edit: Go to "Portal"
scroll to bottom.
Click "log in"
chat.

Yeah it's kind of hidden. I personally think it would be better at the top not the botom.

more_horiz
You request it, we do it =.=

its located at the top of portal now, until I get time to do the major edits.

And no need to vote anymore, Chatango was sent to the graveyard...

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:
You request it, we do it =.=

its located at the top of portal now, until I get time to do the major edits.

And no need to vote anymore, Chatango was sent to the graveyard...

Nice, it is in a much better place now. Thanks.

more_horiz
that would be cool

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum