Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

CHATBOX RULES!! <MUST READ!>

+22
Nuran
Gustavo
Typical Jew™
FluffyTots
bakura normal
Chovy
SoulEater
Nelynel12
Phoenix King
Sylveraine
Gracco
! High Dutchman Gianus
KingMP94
girlchan
Neji
Linda-Senpai
~Accelerate~
LethalAfterZ
Enigma_m7
Anzo
Nekofjung
Jue Viole Grace
26 posters

pollDo you like DA's Chat rules?

I like it.
50%
Better without it.
32%
Doesn't matter either way.
18%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionCHATBOX RULES!! <MUST READ!> EmptyCHATBOX RULES!! <MUST READ!>

more_horiz
CHATBOX RULES

Due to yesterday's events some people may have noticed, I temporarily disabled the chatbox for some time yesterday.
I have seen that step to be necessary for the moment, although I might have exaggerated slightly.

Anyways, I want EVERYONE to read the Chatbox Rules found HERE!! No exceptions, everyone must read those rules.

If your connection is slow or whatsoever reason there may be that you're unable to read those chatbox rules, I will quote them below:

CHATBOX RULES wrote:

Code:

12 ) Chatbox Rules. The following is not allowed:
12.1 - Usage of inappropriate language bypassing the censors (this includes using all variants of using numbers or Special Characters which replace letters in every way - such as b1tch or n1gg3r)
12.2 - Posting illegal or sexually explicit content with or without malicious intent
12.3 - Using other language than English in your posts.
12.4 - Arguing with other members no matter who is guilty.
12.5 - Harassing other members.
12.6 - Advertising.
12.7 - Disrespecting Chat Moderators.
12.8 - Posting excessively large images without using spoiler tags and explicitely warning other users about the over-size of the image(s).
- Doing any of the above will get you banned from the Chatbox for undefined time; moderation may issue warnings at their content.

Furthermore, I will also introduce you all to the new 7-Strike System, which is as follows:

7-Strike System wrote:

Code:

1st Strike: Verbal warning and may be kicked from chat.
2nd Strike: Final warning and kick from chat.
3rd Strike: Kick from chat.
4th Strike: Ban from chat for 24 hours.
5th Strike: Ban from chat for 48 hours.
6th Strike: Ban from chat for 1 week.
7th Strike: perma-ban.

In addition to that, we will unban all currently banned users and deplete all records held for each user so EACH USER GETS A NEW CHANCE TO PROVE THEMSELVES. Each user will only receive those 7 chances above.
Yet, only Administration may issue permanent bans.

THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS MADE FOR ANYONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!

Thank you for your attention, DA.

Last edited by Irate on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCHATBOX RULES!! <MUST READ!> EmptyRe: CHATBOX RULES!! <MUST READ!>

more_horiz
We also will come up with specific rules to help chat mods distinguish the difference between harrassment and people just joking around.

more_horiz
Poll is added.

more_horiz
Topic opened for voting.

more_horiz
Poll will be open for 3 days, After that the decision will be made depend on the votes result.

more_horiz
Sieg Heil!

more_horiz
Nab. CHATBOX RULES!! <MUST READ!> 1112170017

more_horiz
meh I guess these rules are ok but don't be overly strict with them please.

more_horiz
BRING BACK THE CHAT

more_horiz
~Accelerate~ wrote:
BRING BACK THE CHAT

The chat is where it always is.

more_horiz
keep voting guys.

more_horiz
I had a taste of what the chatbox was like with no rules....
Not nice...

more_horiz
I think we need rules, but I believe they should be the rules that we've been following this entire time before a revised set was ever thought up. The chat was perfectly fine in my opinion.

more_horiz
Of course, rules are necessary, but I will try to make them more user-friendly.

I realized that I needed to chill a bit and get off my rule "fetish" a bit.

more_horiz
You guys have to realize that when we say "no rules" it doesn't mean you are allowed to act like immoral animals. There are logical cases in which we don't need written rules in order to enforce a punishment. We will try to be lenient with these rules, but certain (extremely offensive) situations will conclude with the user being punished.

As Irate said above, these rules will (hopefully) be user friendly. We understand this is a game and we would like to treat is as such. As long as everyone remains humane and doesn't obliviously offend someone with an immoral manner, then everything should be fine.

more_horiz
Giving some examples, the usage of the word "f*ck" may be used either negatively describing a circumstance which is ridiculously unreal, such as drawing 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons and 3 White Night Dragons in the starting hand and then claiming: "f*ck the DN Shuffler" - that way (hopefully) no user will be offended by that. Same goes for chats between friends (which we will try to find a solution with our chatbox moderation).

And on the other side there are plain insulting uses of that word, which I will not give examples to since I think you all very well know those (ab-)uses.

more_horiz
I remember how DA was a few months ago...

I'm not saying that the rules are a bad thing, but the fact that it has been necessary to make them and create such a fuss about the chat over and over again makes me wonder what happened to the people in this place....

more_horiz
I agree with G there. Chat rules and rules of anything else are based on unwritten social contracts dictated by sense. We need less rules not more. Ban the people that obviously lack in sense enough to interact with others. No fuss needed.

more_horiz
It would seem that they're too scared to do that though. I had to do it myself as Teacher. Which shouldn't be going that far. But no one else does it.

more_horiz
Gracco wrote:
I agree with G there. Chat rules and rules of anything else are based on unwritten social contracts dictated by sense. We need less rules not more. Ban the people that obviously lack in sense enough to interact with others. No fuss needed.

The issue is that we used to do it that way. You know what happened? Everyone who ever banned/kicked anyone was called out for abuse of powers. The rules defend the staff's decisions as much as they protect the members from trolls and assholes.

more_horiz
Why are those rules there to protect people who don't do anything about the situations? seems kinda one sided to me.

more_horiz
nekofjung wrote:
Gracco wrote:

The issue is that we used to do it that way. You know what happened? Everyone who ever banned/kicked anyone was called out for abuse of powers. The rules defend the staff's decisions as much as they protect the members from trolls and assholes.

So as much as jj abuses or other users talk sh*t to the staff...They just get a slap on the wrist

Seems legit

more_horiz
Phoenix King wrote:
nekofjung wrote:
Gracco wrote:

So as much as jj abuses or other users talk sh*t to the staff...They just get a slap on the wrist

Seems legit

As much as this sounds biased, but you're not entitled to define what's abuse for us and what not.

Next time, a warning may follow.

more_horiz
Irate God wrote:
Giving some examples, the usage of the word "f*ck" may be used either negatively describing a circumstance which is ridiculously unreal, such as drawing 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons and 3 White Night Dragons in the starting hand and then claiming: "f*ck the DN Shuffler" - that way (hopefully) no user will be offended by that. Same goes for chats between friends (which we will try to find a solution with our chatbox moderation).

And on the other side there are plain insulting uses of that word, which I will not give examples to since I think you all very well know those (ab-)uses.

I get called retarded for no reason whatsoever in the chat everyday and nothing has ever been done about it.

more_horiz
"Using other language than English in your posts."

Alittle racist?

more_horiz
Nelynel12 wrote:
"Using other language than English in your posts."

Alittle racist?

I think this is an English-speaking academy.

If I am wrong with that, please correct me.

more_horiz
You are correct Irate. This is an English speaking academy. Posts on the forum are to be in English, as is chat in the chatbox.

more_horiz
nekofjung wrote:
You are correct Irate. This is an English speaking academy. Posts on the forum are to be in English, as is chat in the chatbox.

You see thats funny

Mods and Admins both see it in the chat everyday between slonaka and a couple of others yet they just laugh it off[it gets to the point were they are just type random letters]

more_horiz
Irate God wrote:
Phoenix King wrote:
nekofjung wrote:
Gracco wrote:

Seems legit

As much as this sounds biased, but you're not entitled to define what's abuse for us and what not.

Next time, a warning may follow.

Totally biased. Everyone has their own opinion and we each choose how much we personally let the opinions of others affect us. Lighten up bro.

So on the "that is how we used to do it and peeps went hurr durr and u went we r mad line there-----simple solution. Get admins that will not get mad at the abuse hurr durr and that will actually apply sense and only warn/ban when actually needed. The power abuse thing is a running line now and is not even taken seriously and any staff that actually lets it affect their decisions is not cut out to be staff by those merits.

Get staff that understands proper application of sense and how to deal with trolls and peeps that start stuff and that will be willing to actually hear out both sides of a quarrel and attempt to solve it before kicking.
^^^I know it is easier said than done but it works well and I would be willing to step up to that position if needed...

Also if anything in this post was even the slightest bit offending to any staff whatsoever then yeh.....truth hurts and more rules leads to tighter admining which leads to big power divides and more butthurt which leads to you know....So any staff at all that would think about giving me a warning or such for anything said in this post...having those thoughts is a warning to thy own
self and giving me a warning for application of real sense is pretty senseless.

So yeh....all staff loosen up and apply sense instead of running back to hide behind increased rules. IT WORKS QUITE WELL.

kthxbai

more_horiz
Agreed

Too many staff members raging and warning/banning
people for no apparent reason.

I see too much abuse now days in the chat box.

Staff just have to have a long fuse and simply cant lose their cool at the drop of a hat.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum