Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMTG: Return to Ravnica EmptyMTG: Return to Ravnica

more_horiz
MTG: Return to Ravnica JaceTheMindBender

Return the Ravnica is the start of the new 2012-2013 Standard block. With new mechanics like Detain (opponents target creature spell can't attack, block, or activate its abilities), Overload (paying an additional cost for a bigger impact), or Unleash (making your monsters more powerful in exchange for giving up blockers), you can now experience a new type of gameplay unique to MTG, and what better timing to beging playing than now? Because it's a new block with upcoming sets that will expand the available cards, learning how to play with some of these new cards without learning a huge cardpool is going to be most beneficial to interested newcomers.

Links to some of these cards are here: http://www.magicspoiler.com/return-to-ravnica-spoiler/

http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/magic2013/cig

Here is a link to another thread to help you all get started. http://www.duelacademy.net/t18614-magic-the-gathering?highlight=magic+the+gathering

However, you can start discussion regarding Return to Ravnica in this thread. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

A lot of decks are still being developed in these early stages of the format, but if you are considering joining, I can post currently used decks in this OP.

Last edited by Danica, the Great on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionMTG: Return to Ravnica EmptyRe: MTG: Return to Ravnica

more_horiz
Deck synopsis:

MTG: Return to Ravnica JundMidrange

Synopsis
Spoiler :

Key/ notable cards
Spoiler :

Planeswalkers
Spoiler :

Last edited by Danica, the Great on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
Azorius: Crime and Punishment
MTG: Return to Ravnica AzoriusGuildgate

Synopsis
Spoiler :

Key/ notable cards
Spoiler :

Sideboard options
Spoiler :

Last edited by Danica, the Great on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
This set looks really nice. It's almost exactly what I was looking for, though I don't play MTG. I might get some of these cards just because they look sexy :L

more_horiz
That's good to hear. What specifically caught your eye?

more_horiz
GirlChan wrote:
That's good to hear. What specifically caught your eye?

It's mainly the white cards that have my attention since the architecture within the artwork is just too pro and I have a liking for Order/Justice. A lot of the cards seem to heal as well which I also like.

I'd probably go with white/blue or white/green.

more_horiz
Magic is to confusing to me. No one can ever explain it to me ._.

more_horiz
@Ali Both of those white variants are good. There's also a midrange variant (midrange is any deck meant to overpower mid-game) that's W/G/R, and recently topped an event. The Azorius build in this thread is a deck I'm currently working on that's working pretty well against the metagame right now; though, it's entirely different than the typical WU or WG builds, which are all Human-based.

@Fluffy MTG really isn't difficult to learn. If you check out my other thread, there are some good resources there, and you're more than welcome to ask me anything to get you started.

more_horiz
MTG: Return to Ravnica GeralfsMessanger2

Deck synopsis, GB Zombies
Spoiler :

Key/ notable cards
Spoiler :

Planeswalker
Spoiler :

Bonus card
Spoiler :