Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Share Your Interesting Facts

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+13
Train
Naito Raizu
Nightmare5019
Dex
!Mercy
Train Heartnet
Kairi
Jue Viole Grace
death-coderz
girlchan
Phoenix King
jjh927
FluffyTots
17 posters

descriptionShare Your Interesting Facts - Page 2 EmptyShare Your Interesting Facts

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

If you know a cool fact that not many people know, share it here.

Did you know from numbers 1-1000, Thousand is the only number with "A" in the word.

Post whatever you want, just don't bully anyone.

descriptionShare Your Interesting Facts - Page 2 EmptyRe: Share Your Interesting Facts

more_horiz
did you know, that the alkali metals are reactive like they are due to only having one electron on its outer most loop called its valence electron

descriptionShare Your Interesting Facts - Page 2 EmptyRe: Share Your Interesting Facts

more_horiz
Did you know some people can be born without belly buttons.

more_horiz
Did you know that, though most schools (At least in the United States) teach that the Mongol Empire was the biggest empire in history, two other empires, the British Empire and the Soviet Union, beat it?

more_horiz
Naito Raizu wrote:
Did you know that, though most schools (At least in the United States) teach that the Mongol Empire was the biggest empire in history, two other empires, the British Empire and the Soviet Union, beat it?
Is this speculation or did you actually find this somewhere? I don't see how this could be an accurate study.

more_horiz
I wouldn't be surprised. American textbooks get a lot of stuff wrong. More than they should, atleast.

more_horiz
GirlChan wrote:
Naito Raizu wrote:
Is this speculation or did you actually find this somewhere? I don't see how this could be an accurate study.

http://empires.findthedata.org/compare/1-2/British-Empire-vs-Mongol-Empire

e-e, thought dependign of how you mesure a coninent it can vary a lot, so idk if this is accurate

more_horiz
Did you know you can prevent yourself from crying by cutting onions if you rub urine in your eyes whilst reciting the alphabet backwards in Turkish?

REMEMBER, KIDS. EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET IS TRUE. Share Your Interesting Facts - Page 2 1854617810

more_horiz
Did you know that there was a chicken that lived without a head for 18 months O_O

more_horiz
Train Hardnett wrote:
Did you know that there was a chicken that lived without a head for 18 months O_O

Did you know his name was Mike the Chicken?

more_horiz
@ Girlchan: I crossed checked quite a few sites that all had data on total land controlled by the empires in history. The Brits and the Soviets beat the Mongols, not by a lot, but they still beat them. I would post the urls, but I checked this a month ago and my comp auto deletes my site history on the first day on each new month. And I don't know how to turn it off. DX

Also, did you know that there seems to still be an argument between the Brits and the Americans about the end of the Revolutionary War? According to the Brits, the king gave up and pulled out, and according to the Americans, the Brits got their asses handed to them in the war.

I love watching these arguments at my school because it ends with the Europeans and the Americans trying to kick each other's asses. Kinda like last week where the Europeans and the Asians tried to knock each other's blocks off. Ahh, what a great school. XD

more_horiz
@Naito The British beat the Mongols in total landmass, but in population I think they might have beat the British. I'm not entirely sure because I can't remember the exact figures (they can vary, but my figures have come from Ph.Ds, so I'm not sure how accurate yours are), but the Mongols had a huge influence over population over it's lifespan. Not saying it did beat the British in that aspect, but I would say that's it's arguable.

more_horiz
Completely arguable in that perspective. But empires are more viewed by how much land they controlled rather than the population. I really haven't seen another viewing. Though, and not to get into a heated argument or anything, I'm not entirely sure they beat the British or Soviets in population, seeing as most of the time, the cities that the Mongols conquered had their populations slaughtered most of the time. And untalented workers were used as human shields in other battles, so that probably effected the population numbers in some way. Very few seemed to survive when the city was invaded. And I don't know the numbers the Mongols began with, but I'm sure it was small, seeing as they really only conquered China because the country was divided at the time the Mongols invaded, due to land being lost in the northern half of their mini empire

more_horiz
Did you know that a 5 minute minecraft video is a larger file than a 30 minute video recorded on Dueling Network

Minecraft video= 1.07GB
DN Video= 786MB

more_horiz
do you know that toothpaste is made out of volcanic ash? thats a shock

more_horiz
did you know in yugioh 0 the game yugioh is not in every episode

more_horiz
Did you know that the Pokemon Lucario was the first Pokemon that was not based on any sort of legend, and it was admitted by Nintendo.

more_horiz
did you know that virus cards are traps in the tcg version but spells in otg version

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply