Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA needs your ideas!

+15
Diamond
Judai-Yuki
Fated Chronos
The Amazing Trixie
(◡‿◡✿)
jjh927
bakura normal
Train
ALu
SuperNBZ
the white knight
LethalAfterZ
JackStoned
Jue Viole Grace
Amy Kool
19 posters

descriptionDA needs your ideas! EmptyDA needs your ideas!

more_horiz
Cmon people suggest us your ideas for new things here in DA. Expand your mind, visit out Entertainment Center and see Lotteries, Quiz, Deck Racing etc.

We want to make more things like that. Of course Dice Jar is just one tool. Don't forget events like Supreme King or Survival Duels or League.

Even if you think its hard to make it or such things, don't hesitate and suggest it, maybe it will inspire us for something else, you can never know.

Try to think a bit, most of you play various games. Some game ideas or anime ideas as well could be used to make some new stuff here Wink

Great ideas, that we agree to make in the future, will be rewarded with 500 DP each. Of course if you shape your idea well enough so we don't have to edit it for DA, then we will give you 100% credit for it (we will mention your name there lol). Also if the idea is a bit altered by DA, then we will mention you the one who inspired us.

Now give me some ideas!

descriptionDA needs your ideas! EmptyRe: DA needs your ideas!

more_horiz
Conversion to IPB :3

Erm, how about shiny usernames for special users? I have the CSS for that.

more_horiz
A suggestion of mine would probably be a tournament between people who have been in Slifer for longer than 5 months, and the winner will get to go to Ra. Just a thought

more_horiz
Do not suggest me tournaments lol. I hate those since you can easily make 1000 ideas for it in just 5 mins lol. But something bigger like I mentioned in my post would be good to hear ._.

Irate yea well, maybe if forumotion buys that forum software. Otherwise, not possible, legally.

Text shadows and decoration makes things clog and its not professional to have glowing usernames anymore since every academy likes to use em. Its like the easiest line of code you could make LOL.

more_horiz
Yeah, I pretty much know. Was worth a try.

Anyways...

How about profile songs like on DNF? :O

more_horiz
Of course, that could be made lol.

Since Train Hardnett suggested it to me in chatbox before, I'll give you both 500 DP.

more_horiz
Before I suggest anything else, is this suggestion thread purely reserved for software-related suggestions or also forum-related, as in, new subforuns and the likes?

more_horiz
yea everything that comes to your mind Smile

and btw about songs in profiles, as i recall you got to find yourself a site to upload and host your song and then put a link in your profile in order to work, right?

I think, I'm not sure yet, that I could make it easier for you ppl so that you just link a youtube vid for it lol and it will work.

more_horiz
Make Lethal a mod.

You saw that coming :/

more_horiz
oh sorry lethal it was totally unexpected.

more_horiz
Hmm..

I think it would be cooler if we can put a mention mark (ex. @The White Knight)

So that the one I mentioned will receive an-email tells him that i mentioned him in a certain post.

Like in Facebook.

What do u think my friends xDDDDDDDDDD

more_horiz
Song of the week and put the winning song on portal, also you should consider merging DC with DA.

more_horiz
the white knight wrote:
Hmm..

I think it would be cooler if we can put a mention mark (ex. @The White Knight)

So that the one I mentioned will receive an-email tells him that i mentioned him in a certain post.

Like in Facebook.

What do u think my friends xDDDDDDDDDD

The notification system is not that easy. Amy will have to leech the scripts from a crap board and then get sued. I could build one from the ground with the right interest.

What I would like to see is the Bounty system that TDA had, where it classified the target with ranks from D to S+ or w/e. A nice way to rise the interest in targeting an oponent and put some basic infos on paper. People rarely do biographies anyway.

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:
yea everything that comes to your mind Smile

and btw about songs in profiles, as i recall you got to find yourself a site to upload and host your song and then put a link in your profile in order to work, right?

I think, I'm not sure yet, that I could make it easier for you ppl so that you just link a youtube vid for it lol and it will work.

You have to search yourself an uploading site, yes.

But if you could make something where we just enter the YT-URL would be great~

Another suggestion would be mood bars on here, same as on DC, and include customizable ones... :S

more_horiz
i have had some indeas of the past, just a little complex, here are some:

1. Duel showcase

this one ould be put in the profile page, where you can put the link to some youtube video of your duel, and it is organized and in a list or something like that. is basically to show he duel you are proud of to othes.

2. Progresion duel section
this one is basically making a new dueling subforum: one where you satrt with a starter deck and as you duel and win tourny and buy decks from DA main shop or a subshop for deck packs you add cards to your truck (wich would be another page in your profile, where you can check wich cards do you have) . whe buying the packs some cards would be given alweys but some others would be random. also you could trade with other people for cards they dont have. for making this one probably new staff would be needed to manage this section. and it could take a while to code all the packs there are, but hey, sounds fun, no?. also amy, get a bunch of coder to help you and this would be faster D:

3. deck database

[justify]this one is just a new page to store deck, with it own search engine working with tags, thy would also get rated by the people and there could be a weekly best deck tourny in wich the choosen judges would give a score to each deck the winner would get some dps and an userbar

more_horiz
Train wrote:
i have had some indeas of the past, just a little complex, here are some:

1. Duel showcase

this one ould be put in the profile page, where you can put the link to some youtube video of your duel, and it is organized and in a list or something like that. is basically to show he duel you are proud of to othes.

2. Progresion duel section
this one is basically making a new dueling subforum: one where you satrt with a starter deck and as you duel and win tourny and buy decks from DA main shop or a subshop for deck packs you add cards to your truck (wich would be another page in your profile, where you can check wich cards do you have) . whe buying the packs some cards would be given alweys but some others would be random. also you could trade with other people for cards they dont have. for making this one probably new staff would be needed to manage this section. and it could take a while to code all the packs there are, but hey, sounds fun, no?. also amy, get a bunch of coder to help you and this would be faster D:

3. deck database

[justify]this one is just a new page to store deck, with it own search engine working with tags, thy would also get rated by the people and there could be a weekly best deck tourny in wich the choosen judges would give a score to each deck the winner would get some dps and an userbar

Cool text and he gets 1.5k DP! SHiiiiiit!

more_horiz
Train I like 1. and 2. of your idea. However 2nd one will not be made totally but you gave me a good idea for something similar Wink

1000 DP for you.

more_horiz
I was just watching this random youtube clip, anyway, I don't know about this, but of course knowing DA, if I should fail someone will probably develop this into something of use. Anyway, my actual idea is called handicap duels.

Basically, you start from level 1. You get 2 opponents. This is how the duel system goes.
You play single duels only, normal yu-gi-oh rules in terms of how to win, when you defeat your first opponent you move to the next, but here's where it becomes interesting, You have to keep the same amount of life points, but wait you guys are thinking right now "-yawn- heard it before". Well, this is a handicap, so this is like the same duel just a new opponent, the other thing you have to do is, from the first duel, you screen your grave, hand, field, etc, and you have to start off from that point in your match vs the other opponent.

Anyway, once you beat him, it's up to level 2, your amount of opponents double, anyway, this goes till level 5.

But I'm not harsh, once you beat 2 opponents, that's like 1 team down, you get to start from scratch, meaning 8000 LP, and your whole deck.

And I thought of making it like survival, when you beat level 5 you can challange the current champion to a match duel to win the crown.

anyway, that was just a basic idea.

more_horiz
Just a little thought, not anything big, but because noone really knows whether anyone has won a deck race, you could make a little topic that says the names of everyone who has. No, I'm not actually expecting DP for that. Just a thought.

more_horiz
jjh927 wrote:
Just a little thought, not anything big, but because noone really knows whether anyone has won a deck race, you could make a little topic that says the names of everyone who has. No, I'm not actually expecting DP for that. Just a thought.

I have won a deck race!!!!

Anyways here is my idea. I'm not sure this is possible or how much coding has to be done, just throwing something out there. So step one is to host a 64 man tourney and I know what your thinking, another stupid tournament idea. Lame. However the tourney is just like a stepping stone to the real idea. So after you get to the top 8 have a Swiss round between the top 8 after the Swiss round is finished you get the top five people that ranked and make them "Signers." A little 5D's in there helps. So basically these five Signers have to go around dueling at least one Dark Signer every 2-3 days. Now you might ask how do we get the Dark Signers? Well basically everyone that lost in the tourney and everyone that signs up to be a dark signer can be one. Its as simple as that. Once a Dark Signer loses to a signer they lose there Signer status. So I don't know how active this will be or if you will actually use it but here is my idea. Yea I posted this for pitching an idea out there not so much for the DP.

more_horiz
A non yugioh RP

the yugioh rp is losing too much interest. Also if you're on the chatbox regularly, you see many members love to random RP, Bleach RP, etc, because we enjoy the excitement of kicking some other guys ass theoretically xD

more_horiz
bakura normal wrote:
A non yugioh RP

the yugioh rp is losing too much interest. Also if you're on the chatbox regularly, you see many members love to random RP, Bleach RP, etc, because we enjoy the excitement of kicking some other guys ass theoretically xD

I like this idea. I could easily set it up.

more_horiz
then set it up lol.

bakora 500 for you.

more_horiz
If it doesn't involve strippers I'll never come with a brilliant idea that'll be considered for a reward..

more_horiz
Speed duels! So, basically. At the start of the duel, each player agree's on a time, for example, 30 seconds. This time = How long you have to make your move from when you draw a card. And at the end of the timer, no matter what you're currently doing you have to end your turn there and then.

This just seems fun to be honest, but you could easily make a speed tourny, with each tier having smaller time limits.

more_horiz
Duel themes!
Each duelist has the option to select a song that they feel represents them and/or their deck, for their opponents to listen to.
The reason for this is that foes can really get the feel of someone's deck, which allows one to grow deeper into the feel of the duel.

Rules of Duel Themes:
Cannot be Offensive/Inapp.
(Optional rule, you choose to add it)The theme cannot be misleading, and must represent the duelist theme.

Now, some may not choose a theme because others might be able to determine the deck via. song and have an unfair advantage! That's why I propose that people who do get a continuous DP bonus as they have a theme. It will be small, not big enough to make any real difference, but large enough to encourage people to put their theme for everyone to hear. I suggest, hmm... 30 DP per week?

Thank you for taking the time to read this suggestion.

more_horiz
Make your own Dueling System

Anyway here is a few things I would like to suggest.

Teachers/Lesson Archive
A new link on the Navbar. This link will lead to a section that is kind of like the portal but for lessons. The most current lesson being on the main page. As for older lessons you could either do this dynamically with code (go to next lesson kind of like how a j-slider works, etc.), or this could be done the old fashion way with a side link bar or something. Basically like a textbook containing all of the lessons for quick reference. Possibly expanded upon by teachers, staff and Obelisk blues to make the lesson more robust and informative. Another idea could be to take a lesson and rebuild it containing the OP and the Winners answer to make a comprehensive lesson to display. Something around that type of idea could be cool if done right. Basically a mini-database of lessons expanded upon to be more informative.

Also, instead of rehashing old lessons you could task teachers to write lesson articles for this page. Stuff like explaining SEGOC, How chains work and resolve, etc.

I am sure you could think of a way to make this idea awesome Amy! After all, DA is an academy. People come here to learn how to duel and expand upon there "social life(?)".

Random Post Rewards
Everytime you post you have a slight chance of being rewarded a small amount of DP. I am not sure if this can be done on Forumtion, I haven't looked at a Forumotion ACP in sooooo long. So idk.

Friend Request Notification
I've seen this J-script out there before, and I am pretty sure it was free to use script. When you get a friend request a pop-up is displayed on the screen telling you so.

Display Rep. points
I can't seem to find where this is displayed. Seems to be enabled, so idk.

Zero Post Count Spam Zone
Simply a place where games can be played, but no posts gained. Many forums have this.

Make Lethal a mod

Hell you could even make some sort of BS premium dorm that you charge people real money to get into if you feel like getting some quick cash Razz (ja)

I am sure I will think of more U_U

more_horiz
u should add another type of RP like characters from the GX show like judai (jaden) sho (syrus) chronos (crowler) hell kaiser/ryo (zane) etc
and maybe if its possible on a duel academy lol
u should add other anime RP and picking characters from them like naruto shippuden bleach one piece so hope u like those ideas

more_horiz
Okay, new idea. Factions.

I've deemed that the Academy can consist of, as well as dorms, of different factions or groups. These would behave such as the dorms, but members of a Faction are obliged to assist each other, and duelists have the choice of what faction they choose, when they choose it, if they decide to join a faction at all.

As well, I have deemed that it would be allowed to change to different factions, but it would cost DP to do so. I say... 200 DP each change?

As well, there would be different activities, and an expensive(To keep the number of factions from spiking too high. Say, 3000) option to create a custom faction for others to join.

Then, there would be Faction Wars. However, these wars can be declared by the faction leader(Staff or otherwise) at any time. Alliances would be allowed between multiple factions, and terms to this is that a faction can sign up an ally's member to fight as one of them if needed, and consent given by the member.

That's almost it. Also, for variety, each faction can monthly have a vote on their new king, or one may be allowed to challenge the faction's authority. I mostly recommend new leaders be chosen by votes of the members, but factions are capable of deciding their voting tactics. For example, the winner of a faction tournament will become the leader.

As for supreme king? As a perk for joining a Faction, when a duelist obtains the rank of Supreme King, the duelist's faction obtains a bonus of, say, 500 DP?

Thoughts on Faction perks(Just to encourage use of the Factions system):
-Members are able to donate DP to each other (But begging is NOT tolerated!)
-Factions are able to have wars like Dorms, but smaller for better organization
-In faction wars, members of the winning faction obtain 200 DP!
-DP bonuses for loyalty! (More or less 5 DP a day after a week in one faction)
-Factions will have "Rep," changing depending on the faction's Teamwork, Efficiency, and wins within faction wars.
-Should other duel academies use this system, each academy chooses a specific Faction to represent them in a yearly Inter-Academy war! (Winning academy gains 400 DP each!)
-Bets! In faction wars, players are able to bet upon the winner of the war.
-Restriction wars! Faction wars are able to declare terms to their war, such as "Tier 3 only" or "No Meta decks allowed."
-Faction anthems. (Optional. Totally up to the Faction's leader, although they can do whatever like votes.)

Thank you for reading my post, and I hope we one day start to see some good, clean competitive play with Factions.

NOTE: All items in this suggestion, especially DP bonuses, may be unacceptable and thus are welcome to change to more suitable numbers. These bonuses are only to encourage use of the Faction system, and a way to obtain DP, as well as perhaps be in cahoots with duelists from other dorms.

more_horiz
Anything that doesn't involve dices

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum