Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionProphecy Destroyer EmptyProphecy Destroyer

more_horiz
So I was surfing around Youtube, clicking on randoms to watch, until I came across something interesting. Found this link in the description: http://www.konami.com/yugioh/articles/?p=4096

Scroll down to the bottom and you can see a card called Prophecy Destroyer.

Here's the card in Wikia: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Prophecy_Destroyer

Being an art fanatic myself, I became thoroughly interested with the art style. Looks nothing like Yu-Gi-Oh (YGO) but more like Magic. It could be that Konami is trolling us or they just decided to evolve and get a new artist.

Early on the game, stuff looked more anime/manga like and more cartoon-like. During the time 5D's was around, the artwork upon cards started to look more shounen to a degree.

Now we see cards like Ancient Dragon and Falling Current.

Noble Knight Gawayn
should be another card to look at. The cards are already on DN and if all turns out to be real, what do you think will happen to the YGO community? Do you think it will attract more people to the game? Maybe bring back some old players?

Post your opinion about these cards! Whether you think they're real or not or perhaps you actually think they will be a nice change for the game. Or will it just be a complete failure?

descriptionProphecy Destroyer EmptyRe: Prophecy Destroyer

more_horiz
Honestly I think i pefer the artstyle of the cards above destroyer :/ but thats just me e_e

more_horiz
Not the best effect tho.Most of times will cost you more than will give you.I'm not really into those new spellbooks cards, but from what i have read there are a lot effects that are either activated by removing spellbooks from graveyard or bring them back to deck and aren't much those that bring them back from rfg.Sure you can use necroface, but still it seems like too big cost.

For the art - when i first saw it i thought it's fake.It looks more like those cardmaker cards so i even made research.Mad artwork.Doesn't really fits in prophecy archetype, but yea great artwork.

more_horiz
There is a new pack coming soon with Prophecy Destroyer on it so you can take a better look on it there, however; the card effect is bad, and a waste of time.

more_horiz
it sucks in other words, this card is so awful.... -.-

more_horiz
The card itself is decent enough as long as you can put in in the grave (Foolish Burial, DW Dealing, ect). The artwork on it is similar to pre-Seventh Edition MTG artwork. I'm actually curious as to who the artist is since I actually play MTG, and fits the "darker" ambiance. Why would Konami allow artwork like this, as well as both the Noble Knights? Well, they're TCG exclusives, so maybe for their constant screwing us over maybe they felt bad and finally decided to get a talented artist to do the art for this card so we can have something more aesthetically tasteful for the amount of time that we actually have to wait for DT cards to be released.

more_horiz
The artwork looks like something i would find in duels of the planeswalkers :/

more_horiz
Salader wrote:
The artwork looks like something i would find in duels of the planeswalkers :/
It might be the quality of the image, but the utensil work looks like an older style. It's not crisp enough to look like something from Duels of the Planeswalkers.

more_horiz
GirlChan wrote:
It's not crisp enough to look like something from Duels of the Planeswalkers.

True to that

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply