Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionZombie Deck EmptyZombie Deck

more_horiz
Zombie Deck Zombie12

So this is my most recent deck. I created it the other day for fun and found out it actually wasn't that bad. But it definitely needs improving. A few of the cards are just there for filler, like Malice Ascendant and the Earth-Zombies [Excluding Dark Dust], so I'm mainly looking for some staples or something that would fit in with the deck. I use the deck mainly for online, but also for some casual dueling in real life.

Also note that as a personal rule I never use synchros. XYZs are okay though.

descriptionZombie Deck EmptyRe: Zombie Deck

more_horiz
Nightreave wrote:
and the Earth-Zombies [Excluding Dark Dust]

Also excluding Mezuki and the Pyramid Turtles of course, my bad.

more_horiz
-7 tools
-Magic jammer
+ 2 dark bribes

-Shadow spell
+ Fiendish chain

-Sakuretsu armor
+Dimensional fissure

-Mystic plasma zone
+ Zombie world

Those are just a few of my suggestions

more_horiz
If you're looking for staples, using Kasha might be a good way to go. You could also try out a Skull Flame deck, as I've heard there pretty competitive.

more_horiz
you deck as is, is horrible just really bad

try something like this

Zombie Deck 99VfI

i didnt even bother saying what to take out and what to replace because well there are ALOT of bad choices in your deck :/

more_horiz
^ That ain't bad, but I'm not sure that's what he's looking for. I got the impression he wanted a classic vibe. He should use your S/Ts but if he was looking for a fast synchro deck, he wouldn't be using zombies.

more_horiz
My knowledge of Zombies is limited, but I think I still may be able to help a little.

Some good cards for Zombie decks that aren't in here:
Zombie Master (It's like Vampire Genesis, but much easier to get out.)
Il Blud (If you're running high-level Zombies, run this, because it's the best one, or at least it was the last time I checked.)
Spirit Reaper
Foolish Burial

Some good staples most decks run:
Dark Hole
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Solemn Judgment
Solemn Warning
Torrential Tribute

Some cards I recommend you get rid of or replace and why:
If you're going to run an attack-stopping card like Sakaretsu Armor, you would probably be better off with Mirror Force or Dimensional Prison.
Burn cards like Coffin Seller are kind of pointless in a swarming deck like Zombies.
Fiendish Chain is usually better than Shadow Spell and Nightmare Wheel.
There's no reason at all to run Master Kyonshee unless you have some sort of Normal support like Rescue Rabbit, not that I would recommend you include any.
Zombie Tiger and Decayed Commander are really situational and not that good even if you do manage to get them both. I recommend Spirit Reaper instead for trolling your opponent's hand.
Less of a focus on Tribute Summoning would make the deck faster.
Mystic Plasma Zone isn't all that great, especially since not all of the Zombies are even DARKs. Solidarity would be better.
Offerings to the Doomed loses you card advantage, so it would be better to use Smashing Ground.
Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower's effect won't help you much. You're not going to deck your opponent out, so there's no point in filling up their grave for them.
Swords of Revealing Light doesn't seem like it will help a relatively fast deck like Zombies much.

more_horiz
Tqne wrote:
^ That ain't bad, but I'm not sure that's what he's looking for. I got the impression he wanted a classic vibe. He should use your S/Ts but if he was looking for a fast synchro deck, he wouldn't be using zombies.

its not emnt to be a fast synchro deck...... its not even based around synchros lol it jsut gives the option of sycnhros with pain painter and plague

more_horiz
Well that's the way I would have played it is all. Plague and Pain Painter where exactly my reason for this. But anywho...

more_horiz
bombboy1252 wrote:

Those are just a few of my suggestions

Dimensional Prison was a good idea thanks, I'd like to do the Dark Bribe too, but another one of my rules is I only use cards that I own in real life. >.>
Tqne wrote:

This exactly. I love themed decks and the classic feel. Takes me back, and nostalgia is half my reason for dueling. Also, Synchros rustle my jimmies.
isetrh wrote:
My knowledge of Zombies is limited, but I think I still may be able to help a little.

Yeah, those suggestions actually helped a lot, thanks. Many of my monsters as of now are fillers, because as I said earlier I only use cards I own. The swords of revealing light are there in case I use Dark Dust Spirit and end up defenseless, or just end up with a really poor hand.

more_horiz
My reasons too. I cant stop myself slipping in a Blue-eyes into whatever deck I create, he was the first card I ever owned after all.

I think you should aim for a more tactile Zombie Madness deck. By using staple Spell and Traps and adding in some new support monsters, this could be pretty damn cool.

more_horiz
Zombie Deck Deck2_10
Revised deck after going through my 1000+ cards looking for Dark Bribe. To no avail, obviously.
Tqne wrote:
staple Spell and Traps and adding in some new support monsters

Staples like Magic Cylinder/Mirror Force? And zombie-specific support monsters? Because I was liking the idea of Solidarity to replace Mystic Plasma Zone.

more_horiz
Lol, you dont have Zombie Master.

more_horiz
ok you dont want synchros thats totally fine i hope you feel better about XYZs though Razz

lets start with mosnters

- 3 double castor (srsly why do you have 3 when none of your monsters requrie 1 tribute, he bring nothing to the deck
- 3 regenerating mummy (again not needed and really bring nothing to the deck)
- nightmare horse
- ryo-soemthing (jsut not worth it)
- partician
- 2 spirit reaper

+ 3 zombie master (this guy is a ABSOLUTE MUST for all zombie decks no matter what always run 3 in every zombie deck)
+ 2 goblin zombie (same as abovebut 2 instead of 3)
+ 1 vampire genesis (meh you should know why)
+ 1 - 2 red-blooded oni
+ 1 - 2 blue-blooded oni
+ 2 cursed dragon paladin (dont remember if thats the right name)

to the traps (i am saving spell for last)

- everything other then D-prison

+ 1 solemn judgment
+ 2 solemn warning
+ 1 D-prison
+ 2 toriental tribute
^those are some staple traps

now for the spells

- 2 call of the mummy
- card tot he right of call of the mummy
- lighting vortex
- mystical plasma zone
- swords of revealing light
- dark core
- tribute to the doom

+ 1 book of life
+ 3 zombie world (a very under rated card that is good for zombie decks)
+ 2 terraforming
+ 1 pot of avarice
+ 1 allure of darkness

more_horiz
My bad, also got rid of Coffin Seller. And like I said before, the reason this isn't exactly as it should be is that I only use cards in my online deck that I have in real life. Though I'll probably be getting 3 Zombie Masters and some of these others. I don't have time to look up all those cards right now Mim, but as soon as I get back I'll have a look.

more_horiz
Okay, I check out those cards and mixed and matched a few of the ideas, and this is what I've got. Only tried it out once so far, barely won. I'm thinking Dark Core has to go after all. I'll probably replace it with a Torrential Tribute. Anyhow, here's the deck I'm currently testing.

Zombie Deck Zombie13
Added the Return Zombies to compliment the effect of Zombie Master. I feel that the Shutendoji/Necroface combo may be a little situational, but I can get one powerful monster there if it works out.

So, thoughts? When I finally get it working in a way I like, I'll buy myself the cards I'm missing and be set. :]

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply