Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

CCOTW Card Comments Section!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+3
mimgrim
Plague Rose
Eheroduelist
7 posters

descriptionCCOTW Card Comments Section! EmptyCCOTW Card Comments Section!

more_horiz
This topic is for comments relating to cards made in CCOTW (or elsewhere if they're that good).

You can comment on other people's cards, good, bad, or otherwise! Just put the card up in here and make your comments!

(Anything overly abusive/mean and unnescessarily rude/negative will be deleted and you will most likely recieve a warning. Tempt me to use my Mod powas, I darez ya (:<)

I made this topic since I noticed that CCOTW is picking up momentum, and people like to make comments. I figured why not a section for it?

descriptionCCOTW Card Comments Section! EmptyRe: CCOTW Card Comments Section!

more_horiz
I just got to say, I love my card. lol More so the name but seriously surprise the name Oblivion Dragon wasn't taken by yugioh yet xD

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:
You can comment on other people's cards, good, bad, or otherwise! Just put the card up in here and make your comments!

more_horiz
ok rose i'll comment on your card for you

name is good

art work is ok

effect seems a bit OP but only a bit @_@

more_horiz
I'd like to see your thoughts on my little Koakuma here, since votes alone don't really say what they like about the card.

CCOTW Card Comments Section! 015koakuma

I entered her in CCOTW #1.

But yeah, Oblivion sounds like a perfect thing to name an all-powerful dragon instead of something like "SUPERDARK DRAGON WARRIOR" or "GOD-GENERAL DRAGON" or something dumb like that. Short, simple, and to the point...though I wonder what people would abbreviate it as. "Obliv"?

more_horiz
@Mimgrim, well if I took off the effects cannot be activated then it makes it to where you could just chain to the eff. And when people do that it makes me angry so I added it. I love the name I mean cmon OBLIVION DRAGON xD I would nick name it Olive btw.

Last edited by Plague Rose on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:
Eheroduelist wrote:
Just put the card up in here and make your comments!

CCOTW Card Comments Section! 896774189.jpg&set1=5236&set2=6247&inset=false&type=Dragon&description=1%20Tuner%20%2B%202%20or%20more%20non-Tuner%20monsters%0AWhen%20this%20card%20is%20Synchro%20Summoned%20destroy%20up%20to%202%20face-down%20cards%20your%20opponent%20controls%2C%20effects%20cannot%20be%20activated%20or%20chained%20to%20this%20effect.%20This%20card's%20ATK%20and%20DEF%20are%20both%20equal%20to%20half%20the%20combined%20ATK%20of%20the%20monsters%20used%20to%20Synchro%20Summon%20this%20card
So that way we don't have to look back and forth between this topic and the CCOTW topic to know what we're talking about. -facepalm-

more_horiz
@ don - don't understand name so nto going to comment on that, the art work isn't too bad and the effect seems balanced enough (would work pertty good in a deck focused on dumping dark mosnters)

what do people think of mine? @_@

CCOTW Card Comments Section! Deity.jpg&set1=deity&set2=001&inset=false&type=warrior&description=This%20card%20cannot%20be%20normal%20summoned%20or%20set.%20This%20card%20must%20first%20be%20speical%20summone%20by%20sending%20a%20%22deity%22%20monster%20from%20you%20hand%20to%20the%20grave.%20During%20the%20turn%20you%20speciall%20summoned%20this%20monster%2C%20you%20cannot%20special%20again%20this%20turn.%20If%20this%20card%2C%20destroys%20a%20monster%20by%20battle%20it%20can%20attack%20again.%20If%20this%20card%20destroy%20an%20opponets%20monster%20by%20battle%20it%20gains%20500%20ATK.%20Any%20battle%20damage%20this%20card%20inflict%20to%20your%20opponet%20is%20reduced%20to%200

more_horiz
Reminds me of Exodia Necross, one of my favorite cards. I definitely like it.

more_horiz
@Ehero, we cant comment on our own? well okay, I really like mimgrims card effect, but the name and graphics is just weird, I mean the graphicas dont look like they're meant for a card if you know what I mean. The other cards eff sort of confused me, but still cool :D

more_horiz
Truthfully, I designed the topic so people could make comments on other people's cards. Not for people to start fishing for compliments. .-.

and Rose...
I posted WHY I wanted people to post the cards with their comments...
Eheroduelist wrote:
So that way we don't have to look back and forth between this topic and the CCOTW topic to know what we're talking about.

more_horiz
Yeah but then we have to go back and fourth getting hte URL's for the cards, wastes more time when more than one card is being talked about which I did ^.^ Ehero how come you didn't enter? CCOTW Card Comments Section! Deity.jpg&set1=deity&set2=001&inset=false&type=warrior&description=This%20card%20cannot%20be%20normal%20summoned%20or%20set.%20This%20card%20must%20first%20be%20speical%20summone%20by%20sending%20a%20%22deity%22%20monster%20from%20you%20hand%20to%20the%20grave.%20During%20the%20turn%20you%20speciall%20summoned%20this%20monster%2C%20you%20cannot%20special%20again%20this%20turn.%20If%20this%20card%2C%20destroys%20a%20monster%20by%20battle%20it%20can%20attack%20again.%20If%20this%20card%20destroy%20an%20opponets%20monster%20by%20battle%20it%20gains%20500%20ATK.%20Any%20battle%20damage%20this%20card%20inflict%20to%20your%20opponet%20is%20reduced%20to%200 I don't quite understand why it doesn't do dmg, but I can see why it doesn't it;'s just to destroy high atk lvls, not deal damage

more_horiz
I figure I'd sit this one out and let the community participate.
No need to show off my skills Wink

more_horiz
Awwwh cmon I'm eager to see what you can cook up xD

more_horiz
rose its hard to find pic online that are good for YGO cards besides your cards graphics doesen't looks like it belongs on a YGO card either XD as for name well to special summon it you have to send a dark monster from hand and deck to the grave (kind of like armageddon knight and dark grepher combined) and its a dark monster with warrior type (again like armageddon kngiht and dark grepher) with a rather good effect but whcihc gets balanced out at the end so hence the name "the dark deity" and i assume oyu know what a deity is Razz and it don't do damage because if it did it would be SUPER OP cause it gains 500 ATK and doesent loose the 500 ATK at all so i put it cant afflict damage to balance this out :/

but yea finding cards graphics that actually fit a YGO card can be rather hard to do unfourtantily >_<

PS: i metioned rose's card so this isn't totally talking about mine just wanted to defend the name cause i cant really defend the graphics ._.

more_horiz
I dont think any of us can defend the graphics xD but yeah I see what your card is now. and of course I know what a deity is, wouldn't make a good atheist if I didn't ^.^ when I said the name I mean just the common card type of text. The card you posted with that effect would obviously not be just a common card, so why not make it rare? lol

more_horiz
well eh i just didnt bother with that cause i would ahve liked to ahev made it like a secret rare or something but it would really show other then one the name so i don't bother with the rareities when creating cards @_@

more_horiz
Posted my card up.
CCOTW Card Comments Section! Dead_s11

Anyway, I only use rarities if I think my card was designed to be very powerful/just plain awesome, and even then it's just the make the name silver. xD

more_horiz
dead space seemse OP to me Ehero due to the fact dark monsters will gain 1000 atk if they attack a face-down monster but will keep the 1000 ATK after they get doen attacking @_@

more_horiz
Lol true you did forget to remove the 1000 ATK at EP but oh well xD

more_horiz
Who said I forgot?
Wink

more_horiz
so its just an extremely broken card. lol.

more_horiz
Extremely is just such a strong word...

more_horiz
CCOTW Card Comments Section! 88939c9d-e0b5-48f1-a380-9bfedc71ade1
Here is mine. Comments would be nice. I can post some more of the archetype if you wish.

more_horiz
i'm commenting on ehero's new sumbission

CCOTW Card Comments Section! Elemen20

seems ok but i see a mistake in the wording its should be 1 not one

other then that looks good

more_horiz
mimgrim wrote:
i'm commenting on ehero's new sumbission

*insert card here*

seems ok but i see a mistake in the wording its should be 1 not one

other then that looks good
Irony, irony...

more_horiz
don i figured my card had some mistkae in the wording i just don't know where the msitake(s) are ._.

more_horiz
I'm sure "1" and "one" are both acceptable to be placed on a card. And the only reason I didn't keep my field spell one was I realized that my field spell might clash with a game mechanic, and ruin the use of the card really.

and most of the cards I made were made a long while back, like between many months to a year ago. don't be hating on my word choice too harshly. xD

more_horiz
CCOTW Card Comments Section! GenexXmas

ok that pic is jsut DAYUM i think my chance of winning has gone down by alot ._.

more_horiz
mimgrim wrote:
CCOTW Card Comments Section! GenexXmas

ok that pic is jsut DAYUM i think my chance of winning has gone down by alot ._.

Only one Question...
Why the "s" at the end of "Spellcaster"? xD

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply