Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionElemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman's Effect EmptyElemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman's Effect

more_horiz
Ok, so just straight up I'm going to assume that this is a no, but my question is: Suggesting your opponent attacks your Flare Wingman, and you have equal attack values and destroy each other, does Flare Wingman's effect activate? Technically it's destroying the other monster by battle, but it's also being destroyed and sent to the graveyard. Again, I'm assuming that the answer to this is a no, but suggesting it's yes that's pretty awesome XD

descriptionElemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman's Effect EmptyRe: Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman's Effect

more_horiz
The answer is indeed No it doesnt resolve its effect to inflict damage, for the following reason. A monster with effects like that need to remain face-up on the field to resolve their effects or activate them.

Situation goes like this:

Wingman attacks a monster with equal atk strength. No we proceed to the damage step, both monster die because of the battle ( because they had equal atk ). Now both monsters are destroyed and sent to the graveyard, the place were Wingmans effect is useless to the player controlling it.

Hope this explained it well enough.

descriptionElemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman's Effect EmptyRe: Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman's Effect

more_horiz
Well, yeah, basically what TDP's mentioned is correct.

if you want a monster whose effect will activate when they are also destroyed by battle, then you need a monster whose effect is triggered "When they destroy a monster by battle..." (without the necessity to sending it to graveyard).

for example: "Jurrac Guaiba", "Blue-Thunder T45", "Hyper-Psychic Blaster" etc.

more_horiz
Answered/Locked

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply