Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSpellcaster Deck Help!! EmptySpellcaster Deck Help!!

more_horiz
I basically started with two Spellcaster's command decks and went from there. It's too big and too slow. I'd appreciate any suggestions to make it better. I just really like spellcasters and want to make the best deck possible with them.

2-14-2012: Ok i sat down and tried to edit this to make it better. I am going to incorporate synchro summoning and I made some significant differences. I slimmed it down some, but its still too big. What do you think?

Monsters: (24)
Breaker the Magical Warrior x2
Crusader of Endymion x2
Defender, the Magical Knight x2
Effect Veiler x2
Endymion, the Master Magician x1
Extra Veiler x2
Frequency Magician x2
Magical Exemplar x2
Magical Plant Mandrgola x2
Magicat x1
Night's end Sorcerer x2
Old Vindictive Magician x2
Peten the Dark Clown x2

Spells: (14)
Hammer Shot x2
Mage Power x2
Magical Citadel of Endymion x2
Magical Dimension x2
Monster Reborn x1
Secret Village of the Spellcasters x1
Spell Power Grasp x3
Terraforming x1

Traps: (8 )
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Magic Cylinder x2
Mirror Force x1
Pitch Black Power Stone x1
Sakurestu Armor x2

Extra Deck:
Arcanite Magician x3
Explosive Magician x3
T.G. Hyper Librarian x1
Tempest Magician x3

Last edited by ted62 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionSpellcaster Deck Help!! EmptyRe: Spellcaster Deck Help!!

more_horiz
Rush Recklessly isn't THAT useful... Mage Power and/or Wonder Wand, in your case, would be pretty useful.

Remote Revenge? Though I'd prefer to have Starlight Road and have Stardust Dragon in your Extra Deck.

I'd leave out Miracle Restoring 'cause I don't even know how you're going to get Dark Magician to the graveyard. Card Destruction doesn't exactly help with your situation either..

Why no Effect Veiler? It's a VERY useful card in almost every deck. :d

Trap Hole? Get Solemn Warning/Judgment or Bottomless Trap Hole. And at least have a Mirror Force.

more_horiz
chaos spellcaster/lockdown spellcasters ill help you first thing first go decree and secret village fo the spellcaster but for more stuff tell me if your intirested and going down chaos/lockdown spellcasters

more_horiz
I want to keep it as close to all spellcasters as possible, so Stardust wouldn't really fit in.
Would there be something else I could use that's better then remote revenge and will still fit?

mimgrim-could you pm me something about choas/lockdown. I'm definitely interested in anything lockdown haha

more_horiz
You could just have Starlight Road and not have Stardust Dragon in your deck. :d

Arcanite Magician, Explosive Magician & Tempest Magician would work here.

Oh, this was supposed to be a lockdown deck? Spellcaster Deck Help!! 1174271126
Then you'd need Royal Decree and not so many traps.

more_horiz
its not supposed to be, but the idea interests me haha

more_horiz
the main purpose of the deck would be to use light and dark spellcaster (like effect veiler, and kycoo) along with the field spell card secret village of the spellcasters and royal decree as for a deck list eh ive never really bothered with themi just feel like this is the 2nd strongest spellcaster deck with the 1st being gravekeepers which is a archetype of only spell casters and can be a pain in the arse

more_horiz
ok. do you have any ideas for this deck though? im gonna keep it non synchro if i can, but if i think itd be better not to, then i wont.

i like the starlight road thing, but it only works when two or more get destroyed, so i dunno.

im also thinking of looking into effect veiler, bottomless trap hole, and royal decree.

would secret village of the spellcaster's be good? right now my deck focused on spell counters, so it could cause problems sometimes. but i do like the spell lockdown of it

more_horiz
if you want to stay away from syncrhos then go gravekeepers nuff said right there XD

more_horiz
Though if you want to go Spell Counters you will have to use Synchro to abuse Arcanite Magician along with Tempest etc...

more_horiz
if i did take it synchro, i'd want arcanite magician, explosive magician, tempest magician, and maybe t.g. wonder magician, right? anything else?

also, any suggestions to slim this down and help it run faster and more efficiently?

more_horiz
T.G. Wonder Magician requires a T.G. monster, so I prefer to keep it out and have T.G. Hyper Librarian in there.

If you're going for Synchro, at least have Effect Veiler and/or Frequency Magician.

more_horiz
Night's End Sorcerer, apprentice Magician toolbox and Magical Exemplar for fast synchro summoning, along with Citadel of Endymion, Chaos Sorcerer, Black Luster Soldier, Crusader of Endymion and a set of Pot of Duality should work wonders. Also don't forget to max out the Magical Dimensions.

more_horiz
First of all, make your deck with 40 cards.
Play only 3 Royal Decree as traps.
Dont use more mosnters then spells.
Try to fit Veilers, them are spellcaster tunner lvl 1 monster. U can use its effect and then return him with an Exemplar. Add Mystic Piper, its a good draw engine and its easy to bring with exemplar too.
Play secret village of the spellcasters. Its a pain in the ass for most opponents you`ll ever duel.
Play 3 MST and no Heavy.
U can play Night`s End Sorcere, Special Summon him with Exemplar and use Magic Wond on him, for draw power. U will get 2 cards and ur opponent will lose 2 card in his graveyard + because of the Magic Wond, Exemplar has again 2 spellcounters, that mean u can SS back Nights End Sorcerer. OMG! Another 2 cards ur opponents loses.
And u said Spellcaster Deck Help, then please don use dark magicians. They are too slow. U can make a spellcaster deck that may work, but not with dark magician.

more_horiz
I altered it some. I added in tuners and took out some slower and not as useful cards. What else do you think could help?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply