Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

King of Games - Duel faceoff

+6
Harbinger
Exiled
mimgrim
ShingoS1
Anzo
Krysis
10 posters

descriptionKing of Games - Duel faceoff EmptyKing of Games - Duel faceoff

more_horiz
King of games is run through the shadow arena. u bet all your DP.
1st 10 other people to accept the challenge are your competitors.

u duel all of them, one by one. Rules are:
-No burn/exodia decks allowed
-you = 4000 LP while your competitors start with 8000
-you always go first, unless you choose not to.
-No changing decks, side decking ok.

Prize (if ok with Anzo) 5000 DP and rank up from dorm

descriptionKing of Games - Duel faceoff EmptyRe: King of Games - Duel faceoff

more_horiz
I won't pretend that i actualy able to understand your idea exactly, only replied cuz you mentioned me lol

more_horiz
I think what he is trying to say is that you have to duel with 10 people in a row, a little like one of those karate thing when you get 50-100 opponents come at you in a row, and if you manage to beat each and everyone of them, you rank up, or at least that what I got from it.
And just because that doesn't sound hard enough he wants to start with 4000 LP XD (and by that I hope he means at the start of every duel), in another words it would be like a battle to show your strength.
One of the main issues in my opinion with this is the betting all your DPs, cause then someone with 100 DP can just bet them all, and if they lose make 1 DP and try again XD. So maybe make a consistent DP cost for this challenge, like 500 DP. Since 10 opponents, 500*10 = 5000 which is the prize you were going for, kind of make sense in my head. And also what do the opponent get if they beat you? Is it like the one who beats you get the DP you wagered?

more_horiz
this is interesting but eh i think that you only having 4000 and opponet having 8000 just to show your srength is kinda redundent both players should start witht he same amount of LP to keep it fair isnt it hard enough you have to be X amount of people in a row witht he same deck in wich they could just build a anti-meta deck against your deck before they duel you :/ if anything you should get a LP boost LMFAO plus with only 4000 LP it kinda makes solemn warning useless :/ so yea it sounds interesting but to me there are alot of fualts in it

more_horiz
all but anzo made good points, and shingo's summary is correct. so here's what i think

to make the challenge, gotta put up 500 DP
Both LP = 8000

no one can use Exodia Stall / Burn decks

you always go first, unless you choose not to.

you continue duels with the life points u ended your last duel with. in duels
#3, #5, #7, and #9 your LP goes back up to 8000. (gotta have some type of handicap.

more_horiz
thats a bit better but i still think there has to be something about the people your dueling nto allowed to build a deck just to kill your deck in case they watch your duel OR one of the pople you dueled before you tell the person your about to duel so changin decks should be allowed i think (im guessing thats still there though im not sure :/) as TBTH you cant show how powerfull you are against a deck thats specificly made to beat yours ._. but im just guessing the no deck change is still there :/

more_horiz
the 10 people u duel will be listed on your post, (if anzo wants) you can have a judge watch, make sure no one is watching your game

more_horiz
well the watching of the game is easily blocked with password it was just a exapmle but there wouldnt be any one stopping some one you already beat telling your next opponet what deck u use :/ but eh w/e

more_horiz
well you could always make the competitors announce their deck beforehand and before the first duel the challenger has to announce his. I realize that means that the challenger gets to know what decks he will be playing against, but I doubt someone will be able to build a deck that kills 10 other decks even if he knows what they are.

more_horiz
then there it is, the row of ten have to announce their decks beforehand, and how about the guy who beats you, gets the 500 DP u put up.

more_horiz
probably not going to happen, to much confusion and to many people would have to join to make this even possible, also the way i understand it, it is really only a tournament for 1 person

more_horiz
Which would give that person the Title "King of Games" and he'd be the 10th duel if someone else decides to challenge. it'd give us all another new match type here at the academy and gives us a chance to show off what decks we're working on til the next tournaments come. fun way to kill time, AND possibly rank up, AND show your deck's strength and superiority.

more_horiz
Okay I'm sorry but this is more stupid than people listening to Hitler..
"OKAY! Everyone, the Jews are the problem!"

They all listened.

This is probably worse than that.
One person is the best from everyone else?
nopenope.

more_horiz
well how long do u think you could hold the title?

im not saying 1 person can be the best, just how long can they last.

before u make such a stupid comment again, try reading first and prevent yourself from looking like such an asswipe.

more_horiz
A day, you'd be able to hold the title for a day.
A better suggestion would be wait till there's like 15 people who got through that test thingy, then they all play for the title.

more_horiz
Well the way I was seeing it was more of a gamble kind of thing, you bet your 500 DP and you got to beat 10 people to make 10 times your bet, and as I was writing that I just realized that in that case wouldn't that just be the same as doing 10 single matches in the shadow arena... brain King of Games - Duel faceoff 1211185477 realize this stuff sooner... but I did like the idea of the defending champion being the tenth duel for the new challenger.

Also Harbinger, it wouldn't be like the winner would be the best from everyone else, it would be more like he is the "King of Games" or the "King of The 10" or the "Survivor" or whatever title you want to give it, until a new challenger comes along. But I have to admit when Exiled puts it as a tournament for 1 person, it doesn't sound that great anymore, but the concept is not totally bad, it just needs some tweaking in my opinion.

more_horiz
if i were you krysis i would suggest this in a game that is not 70 % luck, 10 % patience, 10 % courage to swarm with TT fd and 10 % thinking ...

Bash

more_horiz
dont u mean 16? then a 16 man tourny?

more_horiz
Make it like King of the Hill thingy were there is 1 Duelist on top betting some amount of DP then there would be competitors whoever beats the guy on top gets the set number of DP's and so on, like an endless chain, which is fun. Also a small increase in DP's for each win of the one on top then whoever beast him has a bigger reason to challenge him.

more_horiz
now that's progressing an idea

sounds hot to me

more_horiz
but what is the one on the top getting out of every duel? Is he just there to protect his title or???

more_horiz
Protect his title, (which should be where our things say "slifer red" or moderator") and 200 more for every win

more_horiz
the one on top gets DP for each win he has until someone beats him. The set Number of Dp of course.

more_horiz
yeah, makes sense

more_horiz
And if they deny a challenge (unless they can't ofc.) Then they lose their title O--O!

more_horiz
well isnt that the same as not being able to deny the challenge?

more_horiz
Krysis wrote:

-you always go first, unless you choose not to.

lolwindups

more_horiz
lol wind-ups can be stopped though

its not like facing lightsworns

more_horiz
Krysis wrote:
lol wind-ups can be stopped though

its not like facing lightsworns

ever heard of light mirror /macro ?