Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Mobius' effect

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+5
IchimaruGin
Train
Harbinger
Smokey
DarkDragon34
9 posters

descriptionMobius' effect EmptyMobius' effect

more_horiz
I have experienced this a few times dueling and I was wondering: Lets say i summon Mobius the Frost Monarch and my opponent uses Trap Hole or Bottomless Trap Hole I'm wondering if I could use Mobius' effect and destroy Trap Hole/Bottomless and save him.

descriptionMobius' effect EmptyRe: Mobius' effect

more_horiz
you destroy them both
but if opponent chains bth or trap hole
your monster still gets destroy

more_horiz
It's called priority:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Priority

more_horiz
fuuu harb, i wanted to look smart for once :I

more_horiz
The effect of either trap cards or spell cards will activate first, so Mobius will be destroyed/RFP, then Mobius's Effect will be activated and it will let you destroy the 2 spell/trap cards that you choosed.

So ye, you can't save Mobius when bottomless or trap hole is activated Smile

If the cards are something that negates the summoning of the monster - like Solemn Warning, then it's a different story.

more_horiz
Mobius' effect will activate but he will be removed.
Priority ftw.

more_horiz
Sigh...

Nothing to do with priority. Mobius has a Trigger effect, so as long as your opponent doesn't negate the summon, or there is a Trigger effect interfering, Mobius will always be Chain Link 1 if you choose to activate his effect. It's really just a matter of whether or not you activate the effect or not. If you do, it's Chain Link 1 (unless, like I said, something else interferes).
WHEN A MONSTER IS SUMMONED, YOU HAVE PRIORITY TO ACTIVATE A SPELL SPEED 2 OR HIGHER EFFECT IN RESPONSE TO THE SUMMON, OR ACTIVATE THE IGNITION-TYPE EFFECT OF ONE OF YOUR MONSTERS!!!

IchimaruGin wrote:
The effect of either trap cards or spell cards will activate first, so Mobius will be destroyed/RFP, then Mobius's Effect will be activated and it will let you destroy the 2 spell/trap cards that you choosed.

No. Just no. Mobius will always activate first before your opponent can use things like Bottomless, Book of Moon, Torrential, Mystical Space Typhoon, etc. Mobius and the card(s) your opponent activated will form a chain, and it will resolve backwards.

So...Mobius is summoned. If it's not negated, and nothing is interfering, you activate his effect as Chain Link 1, targeting up to 2 spells/traps on the field. Then your opponent can activate his cards. Even if Mobius is destroyed by 1 of these cards, his effect will still resolve.

Last edited by Evil_Bakura on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
he does need to target first tho...

more_horiz
Solved and Locked

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply