Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMass Effect EmptyMass Effect

more_horiz
This is a series I will never forget. My choices, my mistakes...
Anyway, anyone else play?

descriptionMass Effect EmptyRe: Mass Effect

more_horiz
Oh I've only played through each of the games like... 10 times or more each. I went back through each time and did things differently, like different gender, different romances, different paragon/renegade choices. I know Bioware has announced that ME3 was the end of the series, but I sincerely hope they go back on their word. In fact I'd love to see something like a Mass Effect MMO.

more_horiz
Monarchist, imo they should not go back on their word.
Something like that would totally take away the 'magic' of the trilogy.
It would just be an attempt by EA to squeeze more money from us, players.

Anyway, to stay on-topic:
I've played ME1 two times. (Including all assignments) Once as Vanguard, once as Engineer. Difficulty: Veteran.
I've player ME2 two times. Twice as adept. Difficulty: Insanity (I even survived the Arrival DLC's waves on that difficulty after so many attempts xD )
And finally, I've played ME3 once, but I'm doing my second playthrough. (First one as adept (Hardcore difficulty), now as a sentinel (Insanity! :D ))

And also playing ME3 multiplayer a bit. =)

more_horiz
Seriously if they do not make a 4th game ME3's ending would be even more ridiculous as it is right now (worse ending ever and they had to make a DLC with more CGI cutscenes to explain the ***** ending). Now hoping that BioWare does not screw up DA3 as they screwed up DA2.

more_horiz
I'm not the biggest fan of the ending, but it did make sense in my opinion. The Reapers were the greatest threat to any organic life in the history of the universe, so sacrifices had to be made in order to defeat them. It sucks, but in this case they had to sacrifice thousands, maybe millions or trillions of lives, but also the ability to travel in between star clusters. Now what really made me angry is that there is a single ending which shows Shepard surviving the explosion of the Citadel, but of course to get enough EMS to even get this ending, you have to do multiplayer, as well as choosing what I think is the worst choice of the three; destruction.

more_horiz
This is not true.
A perfect playthrough of the three games can get you the 'best' ending. You have to make all the right descisions, but it can be done with the default 50% readiness.
Furthermore: people are not angry about the ending because sacrifices were made. They are angry because of two big reasons:

SPOILER ALERT!!

- A new, cheap character 'god child' is introduced, which has nothing to do with the storyline thus far.
- No matter which choices the players make in the trilogy, the ending basically remains the same, whilst BioWare officialy stated that ME 3 would contain widely varying endings based upon your actions so far. Some people even talked about going to court, because the product they sold didn't contain that what was described.

Now I'm not even mentioning for example how the hell Garrus & Liara were alive on the normandy at the end of the game while I watched them die next to me on Earth.

Anyways, the game is great and the ending can't ruin the game, but it's a damn shame for one of the greatest -if not the greatest- trilogy in gaming history to get a suckish ending just to make a ME4 possible. Damn EA and their quest for more money.
[/rage mode off]

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply