Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionTime to use your iPhone guru stats EmptyTime to use your iPhone guru stats

more_horiz
Sup,

So I have two devices in which I use interchangeably. I have a Samsung Note 3 and an iPhone 6. I have no problem with my Android device, but I screwed up something with my iPhone.

• To make it simple and easy to understand:
    I made a passcode and a fingerprint.
    I forgot my passcode.
    I cannot unlock my phone with my fingerprint unless I enter a valid passcode first.
    My iPhone is disabled (it says for 1 hour).
    I haven't made any extra attempts at passcode.

I plugged it in to my Laptop and ran iTunes. I tried to Restore the device by following the steps from Apple Support.
1. Hold down Wake/Sleep button alongside Home button for at least 8 seconds.
2. Let go of Wake/Sleep button as soon as Apple logo appears.
3. Let go of home button as soon as iTunes logo appears.
4. iTunes should recognize your iPhone on your Laptop and suggest that something is wrong, and directs you to Update/Restore page.
5. Click Restore and Update device.

So I followed these steps and It works, to some extent. Half way through an error message shows up saying you must enter your passcode. I mean this is dump, I'm restoring my device because It's disabled and I cannot remember my passcode.

Anyhow, I don't have an iCloud so things aren't tough. I just want to properly restore my device.

I could use some help here.

descriptionTime to use your iPhone guru stats EmptyRe: Time to use your iPhone guru stats

more_horiz
Go to Apple Store

descriptionTime to use your iPhone guru stats EmptyRe: Time to use your iPhone guru stats

more_horiz
I was hoping for a more in-depth solution.

more_horiz
Honestly that's the only thing left to do. With I phones we are limited when it comes to troubleshooting it after all the steps you tried.

more_horiz
iPhone 4s, 5s, SE, & 7+ user here....

oh shit dude, that sucks. You prob will have to go to an apple store or send it off. Because without that code, even if you try to completely wipe that phone, when you're going through the reboot part of the reset, it's going to ask for that code.

And there's no way you don't have an icloud account. you needed it before you could download your first app on the phone. The account associated with you icloud, doesnt have to be an "@icloud.com" email. I use my one of my gmail emails to log into icloud. So, I would try logging into icloud with your main email, and try to reset your passcode that way.

more_horiz
put it in a pot of rice that should help

more_horiz
@Nuran now that's a solution, taking the 'in-depth' part a bit more literally aren't you? lol

Anyhow, I managed to restore it. It didn't ask for the old passcode or fingerprint or whatever. It also didn't ask for an iCloud. I just signed in with my Apple ID and that's it. Darn it I'm so glad. I thought my iPhone was done for.

@Staxx I'm not sure what you mean with I must have had an iCloud. I'm positive that I don't. Though yea I don't use my iPhone as much as I do with my Android so I'm may lack some basic knowledge on this one.

more_horiz
If you go to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID you'll be in there like swimwear

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply