Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionTeen sells kidney to buy iPhone EmptyTeen sells kidney to buy iPhone

more_horiz
5 charged after teen sells kidney to buy iPhone

CHANGSHA - Five people in south China face charges of illegal trading of a kidney from a teenager who bought an iPhone and an iPad with the earnings, local authorities said Friday.

The five, including a surgeon, were charged with intentional injury, the people's procuratorate in Chenzhou city in Hunan province said in a statement.

Defendant He Wei, who was penniless and frustrated over gambling debts, sought to make enormous earnings through illegal kidney trading, according to the agency.

He asked Yin Shen to look for donors through online chat rooms and Tang Shimin to lease an operating room from Su Kaizong, the contractor of a local hospital's urology department, it stated.

Song Zhongyu, a surgeon from a provincial hospital in Yunnan province, conducted the kidney transplant from a 17-year-old high school student from Anhui province, surnamed Wang, to a recipient in April last year.

He received about 220,000 yuan ($35,000) for the activity and gave Wang 22,000 yuan. He, the other four defendants and several other medical staff involved in the transplant shared the remaining earnings.

After returning home, Wang confessed to his mother that he sold one of his kidneys when questioned how he got money for a new iPhone and iPad.

Wang now suffers from renal insufficiency and his condition is deteriorating.

Several other suspects involved in the case are still being investigated.

Statistics from the Ministry of Health showed that about 1.5 million people in China need transplants, but only around 10,000 transplants are performed annually. The huge gap has led to a thriving illegal market for organs.

In 2007, the Chinese government issued its first regulations on human organ transplants, banning organizations and individuals from trading human organs in any form. To help combat the illegal trade, the government has piloted a voluntary donation system in 16 of the Chinese mainland's 31 provincial-level regions.

- Via Chinadaily.com

descriptionTeen sells kidney to buy iPhone EmptyRe: Teen sells kidney to buy iPhone

more_horiz
Is Angry Birds really that important?

descriptionTeen sells kidney to buy iPhone EmptyRe: Teen sells kidney to buy iPhone

more_horiz
This puts shame upon the Chinese name...

NO! I refuse to accept this!!! Chinese people are intelligent **********'s with epic fighting skills and an extremely high IQ!!! Teen sells kidney to buy iPhone 3294350614

But yeah, this is a bit weird o.o

more_horiz
I would have done it.

more_horiz
Holy crap, just for an iPhone? I guess people don't even try getting jobs..

more_horiz
He got an ipad also.

Dexter Morgan wrote:
I would have done it.

Why? You do know that he is having serious health problems now, right? Have fun with your little phone when your health is seriously deteriorating.

more_horiz
He is probably going to have to sell his other Kidney for a dialysis machine...

more_horiz
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:
He got an ipad also.

Dexter Morgan wrote:
I would have done it.

Why? You do know that he is having serious health problems now, right? Have fun with your little phone when your health is seriously deteriorating.

Yeah, I know but you only need 1 Kidney and my blood type is very common so finding a Donor wouldn't be very hard. If it's taken out correctly and the surgeon doesn't leave anything beihnd you should be fine. Did you read what he was suffering from? To be honest, the only thing I would worry about was a scar.

more_horiz
Back alley Chinese surgery...
No part of that inspires confidence in the safety of the procedure.

more_horiz
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:
He got an ipad also.

Dexter Morgan wrote:
I would have done it.

He will die... but he will die with ANGRY BIRDS!
and maybe a high score if his health doesn't deteriorate TOO fast...

more_horiz
Potus Mat wrote:
Is Angry Birds really that important?

Its the foundation of all things right in the universe today o.O

more_horiz
Potus Mat wrote:
He is probably going to have to sell his other Kidney for a dialysis machine...

lol'd so f***ing hard!!!

thankz for that.

I would sell mine for a Dodge Viper.....

more_horiz
He could have bought a Dodge Viper with the money he got xD

more_horiz
I picked up an iPhone recently Smile And it's definitely worth a kidney...

more_horiz
Cozzy wrote:
I picked up an iPhone recently Smile And it's definitely worth a kidney...

Since when is it not worth a kidney? I think everybody can relate to this kid.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply