Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Abandoned Dorm Suggestion.

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+10
PowerNova
Linda-Senpai
the white knight
Drunkion
faervel
CrimsonOverlord
Staxx
Galaksii
TricMagic
Lux
14 posters

descriptionAbandoned Dorm Suggestion. EmptyAbandoned Dorm Suggestion.

more_horiz
I know this idea has been brought up many times by our older members of the community and I also know that we can order an exclusive title change of color or whatever, but I do feel like the abandoned dorm was unique to us. We worked hard for it just to be pushed down to obelisk. It made us unique, and recognizable as long time members of this community! I don't think it would hurt to bring it back just for us! It would serve its purpose of being "abandoned" because barely any of the purple members were active so it made Kinda sense to have the abandoned dorm there. Let's not mention that, y'all made a white dorm, if y'all can have that, why not bring back the abandoned one back and I guess let it be exclusive if not then have the option to choose light or dark side per say.

Edit: forgot to mention I did read the same suggestion made by Linda senpai before and it got locked, and no it wasn't a league it was a dorm. The whole "if you don't like it that's how DA is because of change" crap is not really helping the cause. I mean, there's no harm in keeping the dorm. I would understand if y'all kept the standard obelisk, slifer, and Ra. But y'all made a white dorm which is an ugly color I might add. It gave this academy history!

descriptionAbandoned Dorm Suggestion. EmptyRe: Abandoned Dorm Suggestion.

more_horiz
So my question is, do you suggest we keep the Society of Light AND add the purple dorm or scrap the white for purple?

more_horiz
Believe he's saying add purple and keep SOL. Perhaps with a fancy acronym for it as well? Given that the first yugioh deals with what is effectively dark vs. dark, and GX has dark vs. light themes. Meanwhile 5Ds has The crimson dragon vs the king of the underworld.

more_horiz
Archive Society of Light and bring back the Abandoned Dark. Purple is more sexier but why do I care? I'm just a slifer scrub

more_horiz
Hey Lux, the whole SOL idea is cool, since it does relate to the GX theme, and I get that this is the "new challenge" thing that's hip now a days since they took out testing, but we worked hard to be in abandoned as well! Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of SOL, so maybe keeping both and having people select a side would be the "fun" part.

TricMagic - You get the point. Dark versus Light Smile

Galaskii - I would say keeping both it's the better idea under the same subforum.

more_horiz
I always thought was an important part of the forum. It was a place for former staff, old members, and inactive great duelists. When an ABD member was around everyone respected them because they knew they were a great duelist or were a big part of the forum. It definitely should be brought back.

more_horiz
Maybe make a new dorm so we can compete again? We need to compete for pride and shit again

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Maybe make a new dorm so we can compete again? We need to compete for pride and shit again

More like make the ABD for the people that ALREADY competed for pride and shit....is what the people want from what I see.

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

More like make the ABD for the people that ALREADY competed for pride and shit....is what the people want from what I see.

Yea but it will be just there again. So basically a glorified chat dorm. That changes if we make something new and more elitary so that people can duel to reach that again

more_horiz
STX wrote:
I always thought was an important part of the forum. It was a place for former staff, old members, and inactive great duelists. When an ABD member was around everyone respected them because they knew they were a great duelist or were a big part of the forum. It definitely should be brought back.

Preach
I remember when N and BWG had to go on like 20 people without single loss to get in there. Not like this stupid white shit, you win a tourney and you're in. Even I did that...

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
STX wrote:

Preach
I remember when N and BWG had to go on like 20 people without single loss to get in there. Not like this stupid white shit, you win a tourney and you're in. Even I did that...

You didn't win the tourney required, neither were you at the dorm required.

Also lets say we bring abd back, then what? Because let's face it you just want it cuz muh nostalgia, but k cool let's say in less than an hour it's back, cuz it takes 0 effort for it anyway, the older abd members will just chill there? So just a glorified chat room for oldies?

Look abd sounds cool and shit and I'm sure it was, but we need a new dorm or just a new trophy to race for.
Every dorm atm is garbage because they literally do nothing , yes even sol is garbo. 

We can fix this however if any of you cared to play. If we dont care as a whole then ok then let us have :

1.red chat room
2.yellow chat room
3.blue chat room
4.white chat room
5.black chat room
6.rainbow chat room

Man in gx dorms meant skill level and there were constant duels or tests to examine if you were up to that level. If we are gonna follow a concept, then at least we should all try together to make it come alive

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
but we need a new dorm or just a new trophy to race for

That's really not what this topic is about though...you can bring back the dorm..put the people that were already there there and make others go through the same kinda shit for SoL/revived ABD is a nicer thing to do imo.

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
but we need a new dorm or just a new trophy to race for

That's really not what this topic is about though...you can bring back the dorm..put the people that were already there there and make others go through the same kinda shit for SoL/revived ABD is a nicer thing to do imo.

But sol/abd is the same thing diff color, aka its the elite.
Im saying we should make every single dorm matter, but that cant be done if none of you are willing to play.

So i ask, do you just want to chill and chat in a sub section specific to abd or sol?Or do you wanna duel in a duel academy thats based around dorms that are literally duel driven to stay relevant.

We have all these hype moments like these that are like: "YEA MAN BACK IN MY DAY HOOOOOO SHIT BOIIIIII ABD WAS DA BOMB, HOOOO HOT FAIYAAAAAAA" BRING IT BACK PLZLZLZLZLZLZLZ

But then we actually bring it back or incorporate some dueling ideas and everyone goes afk. 

Remember when the dueling circuit was relevant? Me neither, cuz its been months now and no one cares.
Why? Cuz no prize point to reach. Everyone active here has basically done everything, we are all burned out.

Plz for the love of god, anyone who likes this game/anime/manga step in as staff or help contribute to actually keep duels going. 

Take my place or whatever, literally anything to make this place have duels again, because when will you guys realise we REALLY need a reboot and let go of nostalgia or tradition

more_horiz
I mean I get that you don't see it like some of us do Crimson. It ain't about pride or the color of our names. It's about having a dorm where the older members who helped this academy gain reputation hanged out. I mean almost everyone who was in ABD is inactive yes, but we all were good and even if we aren't good now we contributed a lot to the academy in one way or another. Whether it was winning a tournament, helping in wars versus other academies, whether you won a bunch of duels to prove yourself. We did rightfully earned the spot. Anyways, you say that we have to do something about making this academy active on dueling? You must know since DN downfall dueling has gone downhill since not everyone likes YGO pro and shit, so we have no control over that. Dueling book is up on the works, so once that arises the dueling will happen again. Then again this suggestion of mine won't bring back dueling or help it in any way. So yes you are right, but this suggestion is just to suggest the addition of a dorm with "history".

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
I mean I get that you don't see it like some of us do Crimson. It ain't about pride or the color of our names. It's about having a dorm where the older members who helped this academy gain reputation hanged out. I mean almost everyone who was in ABD is inactive yes, but we all were good and even if we aren't good now we contributed a lot to the academy in one way or another. Whether it was winning a tournament, helping in wars versus other academies, whether you won a bunch of duels to prove yourself. We did rightfully earned the spot. Anyways, you say that we have to do something about making this academy active on dueling? You must know since DN downfall dueling has gone downhill since not everyone likes YGO pro and shit, so we have no control over that. Dueling book is up on the works, so once that arises the dueling will happen again. Then again this suggestion of mine won't bring back dueling or help it in any way. So yes you are right, but this suggestion is just to suggest the addition of a dorm with "history".

I get why you want it, but think of a bigger picture aka the bring back dueling or a common goal. Also dueling book is running pretty fine right now.

Again im not against this, i just want something cool to do again, with everyone aboard , because clearly our current ways of doing things just dont work at all.

more_horiz
 you can't expect us to let go of nostalgic feeling just because. I mean most of ABD were here since the beginning of this academy. I never said ABD is supposed to be the top tier of this academy. Heck leave that to the SOL group to be the elite, but in a way yes you are right it's more about nostalgic than pride. I mean most of us grew out of yugioh or even got busy with real life stuff and some of us hate the current meta and come back once in a while to a place we can call home in the ABD dorm. When we grow older if the academy exists we want to come back and look at old posts where we accomplished something. I get that you aren't against the idea, but the dueling part depends on the community. Y'all have to advertisers it more like we did back in the days.

more_horiz
Ok then coolio, it takes i guess a min to make this a thing

Have fun !

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Galaksii wrote:
STX wrote:

Preach

You didn't win the tourney required, neither were you at the dorm required.

Also lets say we bring abd back, then what? Because let's face it you just want it cuz muh nostalgia, but k cool let's say in less than an hour it's back, cuz it takes 0 effort for it anyway, the older abd members will just chill there? So just a glorified chat room for oldies?

Look abd sounds cool and shit and I'm sure it was, but we need a new dorm or just a new trophy to race for.
Every dorm atm is garbage because they literally do nothing , yes even sol is garbo. 

We can fix this however if any of you cared to play. If we dont care as a whole then ok then let us have :

1.red chat room
2.yellow chat room
3.blue chat room
4.white chat room
5.black chat room
6.rainbow chat room

Man in gx dorms meant skill level and there were constant duels or tests to examine if you were up to that level. If we are gonna follow a concept, then at least we should all try together to make it come alive

I've topped the qualifier for WC and I was originaly yellow. When I was active back in the day, this meant rank up and I know someone from staff said if you're blue already you get to go to SoL. .-.
And for ABD you actually needed effort tho

more_horiz
I mean to create more activity and more activity in the dueling scene it's possible but we need to advertise more. I remember back in my days when I ran an academy with my partner Silentherox we established prizes for advertising. We would duel people and after we beat them we would say that there are better duelists in our academy and ask if they were interested in joining an academy and link then to it. We also would ask our members to advertise and we gave them points or compensation for advertising. Even ranking up depending on how many they recommended a month because keep in mind to be another rank other than slifer it's not just about being good at dueling, you have to be helpful and essential to the academy or community. Now the way we determined it someone was recommended by someone I would tell the new member to make their intro and include if someone recommended them and grant them their points then and there. In my academy we had a testing system and point system. We are so used to basing our ranks on dueling skill level when in reality those who advertise get better by dueling and asking their opponents to join at the same time so that's profit for both that persons skills and it gives them motivation to move up. We are so used to making it more difficult for these new members moving from a simple slifer to Ra. I feel like the old point system was always better. Now a days these people lack motivation to rank up or stay since they start from the lowest of low but then you do have some who like the challenge, but those who like the challenge won't mind starting from the bottom but since barely anyone duels now a days they have no one to compete with. those are my two cents on this but this should be included on another thread I feel.

more_horiz
i would be fine with any new challange since  now im sol i got out of them

more_horiz
Lol but yeah anyone can tell you that YGO pro sucks compared to dueling nexus which doesn't require to download anything! Make it the official dueling platform at least till dueling book is finished.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
[size=47] you can't expect us to let go of nostalgic feeling just because. I mean most of ABD were here since the beginning of this academy. I never said ABD is supposed to be the top tier of this academy. Heck leave that to the SOL group to be the elite, but in a way yes you are right it's more about nostalgic than pride. I mean most of us grew out of yugioh or even got busy with real life stuff and some of us hate the current meta and come back once in a while to a place we can call home in the ABD dorm. When we grow older if the academy exists we want to come back and look at old posts where we accomplished something. I get that you aren't against the idea, but the dueling part depends on the community. Y'all have to advertisers it more like we did back in the days.[/size]

Hey guys,

I am glad I am back and I really really support what Kyosuke said .

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Lol but yeah anyone can tell you that YGO pro sucks compared to dueling nexus which doesn't require to download anything! Make it the official dueling platform at least till dueling book is finished.

i like DNx but it soft locks too much.

more_horiz
Welcome back TWK. Its been a while.

Hey STX, yeah you are right about that, but it's probably the best dueling platform IMO.

more_horiz
We can work on bringing ABD back, but I must address this: no one would be guaranteed a spot in it!

In other words, people would need to work their ass for it again!

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
I know this idea has been brought up many times by our older members of the community and I also know that we can order an exclusive title change of color or whatever, but I do feel like the abandoned dorm was unique to us. We worked hard for it just to be pushed down to obelisk. It made us unique, and recognizable as long time members of this community! I don't think it would hurt to bring it back just for us! It would serve its purpose of being "abandoned" because barely any of the purple members were active so it made Kinda sense to have the abandoned dorm there. Let's not mention that, y'all made a white dorm, if y'all can have that, why not bring back the abandoned one back and I guess let it be exclusive if not then have the option to choose light or dark side per say.

Edit: forgot to mention I did read the same suggestion made by Linda senpai before and it got locked, and no it wasn't a league it was a dorm. The whole "if you don't like it that's how DA is because of change" crap is not really helping the cause. I mean, there's no harm in keeping the dorm. I would understand if y'all kept the standard obelisk, slifer, and Ra. But y'all made a white dorm which is an ugly color I might add. It gave this academy history!

Agreed 100%. Getting rid of ABD was just a huge slap in the face to those of us that earned our way up there only to be pushed down to Obe with regular scrubs and not even get shit as compensation (granted, I'm SoL now but SoL is a shit).

My suggestion is this: bring back ABD and put everyone who was in the dorm back, but since SoL is supposed to be the new elite dorm, just have it not be possible to enter ABD anymore, since SoL is what people have to strive for now.

more_horiz
Lux - why would you make us work hard for ABD if the new elite is SOL?

Linda - what was your old username?

more_horiz
@kyosuke kiryu, if ABD is considered an 'elite' dorm then I'd want to make it elite! Of course, I haven't actually thought about criterias for it. But I hope you got what I mean. I don't want to announce something 'elite' and then add people for nothing in it. We can always figure out something Smile

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
@kyosuke kiryu, if ABD is considered an 'elite' dorm then I'd want to make it elite! Of course, I haven't actually thought about criterias for it. But I hope you got what I mean. I don't want to announce something 'elite' and then add people for nothing in it. We can always figure out something Smile

Lux-sama you're going in circles. Abandoned Dorm Suggestion. 576792747 It is considered Elite but kind of an ex-elite. Just cause you haven't seen the stuff happen doesn't mean they didn't exist. you aren't adding people for "nothing" in it. You are adding them for something that you haven't seen it happen
Put the cool requirements for SoL cause it's easy af to get there atm and if some of the ABDs wants to be an elite again they have to go through those requirements to get to SoL.

more_horiz
What about a rank title? There isn't one for the ABD dorm.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply