Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Ramadan Mubarak!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
ScottyAdams
faervel
Flash Dreyar
CrimsonOverlord
Lux
Linda-Senpai
10 posters

descriptionRamadan Mubarak! EmptyRamadan Mubarak!

more_horiz
The moon was sighted last night, Ramadan has begun! Ramadan Mubarak everyone :D

descriptionRamadan Mubarak! EmptyRe: Ramadan Mubarak!

more_horiz
Good luck. I wouldn't last a day lol.

more_horiz
Wuts this

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Wuts this

^ Yeah what is this?

more_horiz
Happy Ramadan all~!

more_horiz
Flash Dreyar wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Wuts this

^ Yeah what is this?

In Islam religion there is month called Ramadan, it's usually during summer as far as I know and during that month they can't drink (not even water!) or eat during the day. So basically they have only a couple of hours to eat and drink. I have my opinion on this (I think that if you drink water during the day won't make you any less religious >.<) but massive respect to those who are doing this.

more_horiz
Oh lol, i think ive heard of this before. Welp props to whoever is devoted to this

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Flash Dreyar wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Wuts this

^ Yeah what is this?

In Islam religion there is month called Ramadan, it's usually during summer as far as I know and during that month they can't drink (not even water!) or eat during the day. So basically they have only a couple of hours to eat and drink. I have my opinion on this (I think that if you drink water during the day won't make you any less religious >.<) but massive respect to those who are doing this.

It's not a summer thing, it's when the crescent moon is sighted.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Lux wrote:
Flash Dreyar wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Wuts this

^ Yeah what is this?

Isn't that usually during summer lul?

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Lux wrote:
Flash Dreyar wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Wuts this

^ Yeah what is this?

Isn't that usually during summer lul?

Late Spring or Early summer. Depends on the crescent moon sightings.

more_horiz
How long does this even last?

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
How long does this even last?

One month (So, from Crescent moon to crescent moon).

more_horiz
That is basically June or May. Scotty do you post?

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
That is basically June or May. Scotty do you post?

Correct, Ramadan either begins in late May-Early June.

more_horiz
It's usually around a month earlier than the last year actually

and it's 30 days

more_horiz
Wait, so you don't eat for a month? Or is this an arcade highscore tier event, on who lasts longer?

more_horiz
You can only eat during nights.

more_horiz
Ah i see, but if you break the rule one of those days you are not devoted?

more_horiz
I'm not sure, since I'm not a muslim.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Wait, so you don't eat for a month? Or is this an arcade highscore tier event, on who lasts longer?

We break our fast when it's time for Maghrib (Sunset) prayer, and we start our fast when it's time for Fajr (sunrise) prayer.

And there are exceptions, such as if you're sick or traveling etc. then you shouldn't fast.

more_horiz
^ Pretty much that

more_horiz
Ramadan Mubarak, sorry if I'm late.

Also, to make this a bit clear: Ramadan is a month where you fast (that is, the act of refraining from both eating and drinking of all sorts) from Sunrise until Sunset (from Fajir - Shuruk Al'Shams, until Maghrb - Ghurub Al'Shams). You do this for the entire month (varies from 28-31 days). If you're sick, weak, or feeling unable, you can refrain from all this and do your eating and drinking like a normal day, however, once you get better and become able - even if after a while after Ramadan is over, then you're supposed to make up for those days where you weren't able to fast, and fast then.

The purpose of Ramadan is partially religious, the other use of this month is it helps us connect with the poor and adhere to their daily suffering from lack of food and drinks in their lives. It's Sunah of Islam.

It sounds all meaningless and whatnot, but you wouldn't really feel why this is important until you try it. Even if you're not a Muslim, try not eating or drinking from sunrise until its sunset, endure your desires for food and water. Then remember that feeling for the rest of your life, for what you are going through this one day, millions are going through it as a daily routine of their lives.

more_horiz
Anzo explained better than I could

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Ramadan Mubarak, sorry if I'm late.

Also, to make this a bit clear: Ramadan is a month where you fast (that is, the act of refraining from both eating and drinking of all sorts) from Sunrise until Sunset (from Fajir - Shuruk Al'Shams, until Maghrb - Ghurub Al'Shams). You do this for the entire month (varies from 28-31 days). If you're sick, weak, or feeling unable, you can refrain from all this and do your eating and drinking like a normal day, however, once you get better and become able - even if after a while after Ramadan is over, then you're supposed to make up for those days where you weren't able to fast, and fast then.

The purpose of Ramadan is partially religious, the other use of this month is it helps us connect with the poor and adhere to their daily suffering from lack of food and drinks in their lives. It's Sunah of Islam.

It sounds all meaningless and whatnot, but you wouldn't really feel why this is important until you try it. Even if you're not a Muslim, try not eating or drinking from sunrise until its sunset, endure your desires for food and water. Then remember that feeling for the rest of your life, for what you are going through this one day, millions are going through it as a daily routine of their lives.

This sums it up perfectly.

more_horiz
Yeah, Anzo summed it very good.

more_horiz
I see, i see. Thnx for clearing it up ^^ Seems like quite the meaningful thing, so yeah good luck to all who do this

more_horiz
By the way just to clarify:
The Crescent moon can be sighted pretty much any time of the year!
Yeah right now it's around summer but it goes back around...11days per year.
So in many years from now(think 10-ish) it'll be around winter.

more_horiz
Ramadan Mubarak everybody! <3

Gala boi wishes you all the best in upcoming days <3

more_horiz
Gala <3

Show up more often fgt

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Gala <3

Show up more often fgt

I sure will these days <3
School got me half dead lol

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply