Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Ramadan Mubarak!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+8
faervel
Anzo
Atlus
Centrik
Galaksii
TDS
Naito Raizu
Linda-Senpai
12 posters

descriptionRamadan Mubarak! EmptyRamadan Mubarak!

more_horiz
No one has made a Ramadan thread yet.I am dissapoint. dunno how many ppl here are celebraing Ramadan, but Ramadan Mubarak everybody!!

descriptionRamadan Mubarak! EmptyRe: Ramadan Mubarak!

more_horiz
Umm... Ramadan... That's one of the Muslim holidays, right? Month of fasting where they observe one of the five pillars of Islam?

more_horiz
Ramadan Mubarak to all the Muslims on DA. I live in an islamic country so I know how Ramadan is. I wish everyone a delightful iftar every night.

descriptionRamadan Mubarak! EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Thank you guys :3

Ramadan Mubarak <3

more_horiz
What is this? I don't even...

more_horiz
Ramadan mubarak to you too :D

more_horiz
Lol, yea I didn't think we should make a topic about this, but, Ramadan Mubarak ^__^

@Centrik: Ramadan is the name of one month during the year in which we deny ourselves from eating or drinking starting from the rise of the sun until it sets. It's part of our religion where we need to feel the pain of the poor or those who cannot find something to eat or drink. It's hard to explain it, but you can Google it if you like.

more_horiz
But you'll still eat right?

more_horiz
Not during the day, no. Only after the sun sets :>

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
Not during the day, no. Only after the sun sets :>

Just 2 and a half hours more in my country :3

more_horiz
It depends on where you live. In my country for example we fast for 16 hour? In Argentina for instance they fast for 21 hour. I heard in Sweden they fast for 23 hour but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

more_horiz
How about cheat and eat all the shits.

more_horiz
lol

You can't cheat God :>

more_horiz
we pronounce it "Ramazan" here
so Ramazan Mubarak everyone Smile

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
It depends on where you live. In my country for example we fast for 16 hour? In Argentina for instance they fast for 21 hour. I heard in Sweden they fast for 23 hour but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

In Bosnia, we fast for 17 hours...

faervel, we call it Ramazan too :3

more_horiz
The correct translation of 'رمضان' is 'Ramadhan" or "Ramadan" however some countries doesn't pronounce the 'ض' or the equivalent in English 'dh" so It's pronounced as 'z' or 'd' instead.

more_horiz
Like Anzo said, we fast for 30 days to feel the pain of the poor and the needy, and when its ovrt and we caneat and drink during the day, we feel even more grateful to God.

more_horiz
Well I say Ramazan always... since I respect other cultures (except jewish)

more_horiz
Ramazan is for Turkish countries. I know because I visited Turkey. Now no offense to anyone Turkish here but I think there Ramadan differs from Muslims in Arab Countries. There usually people eat during day time and eat more during Iftar. Idk whether its part of there Religion or just playing stupid.

more_horiz
TDS wrote:
Ramazan is for Turkish countries. I know because I visited Turkey. Now no offense to anyone Turkish here but I think there Ramadan differs from Muslims in Arab Countries. There usually people eat during day time and eat more during Iftar. Idk whether its part of there Religion or just playing stupid.

I often interact with Turkish people. They are cool :D

more_horiz
Each has his own traditions and religious beliefs lets not force anything on anyone or disrespect any of it.

more_horiz
Countries have more than one religion most of the time. When you see people who are for example in Turkey eating during the day in Ramadan, they might not be muslims, or they are muslims who don't practice their religion so much, or not at all. But, Ramadan is same everywhere no matter what tradition for that place is. Wink

more_horiz
TDS wrote:

It doesnt matter what country you live in...if you're muslim and 13+, you're supposed to fast 30 days. Country has nothing to do with it...I live in America and have been fasing since I was like 10.

more_horiz
ill just sit here eating food

more_horiz
I am utterly surprised of the number of Muslims on DA.

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone!

Typical Jew™️ wrote:
ill just sit here eating food

Not good enough. Razz

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply