Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DN Status After the Image Removal

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+13
Nuran
Flash Dreyar
Neji
DMK
BlackJack
Frisky Badger
Booked
AbyssalYGO
CrimsonOverlord
Anzo
ScottyAdams
JC the shadow hunter
Jv
17 posters

descriptionDN Status After the Image Removal - Page 2 EmptyDN Status After the Image Removal

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Yeah, as we all knew DN basically Died.

Nowadays it only has 600-700 People online. The Public Chat died, no one writes. No more Spam.

DN Status After the Image Removal - Page 2 I1U52Yw
DN Status After the Image Removal - Page 2 HA6P8FD

People moved to YGOPRO Percival the only one that adds Cards the same day after being spoilerd, and many moved to Devpro just because it was somehow related to DN.

descriptionDN Status After the Image Removal - Page 2 EmptyRe: DN Status After the Image Removal

more_horiz
ScottyAdams wrote:
Neji wrote:
With a community dumber than the city of Miami and the slowest shit of life. 

The forums were worse than most subreddits on reddit. The graphic center and gaming subforums were useless as thrirsty pricks would only selfishly ask you for requests rather than give out their opinion on your works. Gaming threads would be ignored because it wasn't LoL or whatever shitty game was the fad at the time. 
The deck garage was decent. There was always drama somewhere in intro or in general discussion. 

I'm glad half of the kiddies are gone.

Skrubs and children exist EVERYWHERE. That's a fact, they're not just isolated to DN. I ignored the forums for the most part, because well, 95% of its inhabitants are idiots *when I would post on something, it'd only be because said topic interested me*.

The truth about games is; most gaming discussion devolves into childish Bullshit that quite frankly, is best left to games like CoD *yes, the CoD community is cancer*.

Most people who play this game are immature ... brought in by the allure of the anime, and the fact that this game is promoted as a "children's card game" at its core *that is another rant, for another time, but plain and simple; this ain't a children's card game*.

Tl;dr, there's idiots in EVERY single community you go to, some more than others ... as much as the DN community was cancer, if you ignored it and just did your thing, all was decent.

This was barely ever the case in the older days and ygo was still a children's card game then as well. The amount of drama and stupidity increased drastically with DN.

I know there are idiots in everything. I'm not saying there aren't. I'm just saying I'm happy a lot of them left.

descriptionDN Status After the Image Removal - Page 2 EmptyRe: DN Status After the Image Removal

more_horiz
Neji wrote:
ScottyAdams wrote:
Neji wrote:

The forums were worse than most subreddits on reddit. The graphic center and gaming subforums were useless as thrirsty pricks would only selfishly ask you for requests rather than give out their opinion on your works. Gaming threads would be ignored because it wasn't LoL or whatever shitty game was the fad at the time. 
The deck garage was decent. There was always drama somewhere in intro or in general discussion. 

Skrubs and children exist EVERYWHERE. That's a fact, they're not just isolated to DN. I ignored the forums for the most part, because well, 95% of its inhabitants are idiots *when I would post on something, it'd only be because said topic interested me*.

The truth about games is; most gaming discussion devolves into childish Bullshit that quite frankly, is best left to games like CoD *yes, the CoD community is cancer*.

Most people who play this game are immature ... brought in by the allure of the anime, and the fact that this game is promoted as a "children's card game" at its core *that is another rant, for another time, but plain and simple; this ain't a children's card game*.

Tl;dr, there's idiots in EVERY single community you go to, some more than others ... as much as the DN community was cancer, if you ignored it and just did your thing, all was decent.

This was barely ever the case in the older days and ygo was still a children's card game then as well. The amount of drama and stupidity increased drastically with DN.

I know there are idiots in everything. I'm not saying there isn't. I'm just saying I'm happy a lot of them left.

Never was a "children's card game" ... at least, not competitively *seriously, if you were to quiz children about the mechanics of yugioh, most would fail*. As I said, there's more idiocy in some places than others. Maybe there was more on DN than other places, sure, but it is what it is.

Drama was just more evident on DN, it existed in other places, but they managed to keep it stowed away, more than DN is able to.

In fact, I'll say this; DevPro/YgoPro is more inviting to scrubs, because of the fact the system is automated and spoon-feeds you. That's not to say there aren't good players who use those platforms, because there are ... but DN had a lot of top players in both IRL and online play that used it too, simply because it simulated the real life experience.

The fact that it was/is easier to access than Ygo/DevPro lends itself to the fair share of skrubs, but once you waded through them, you'd find yourself coming up against some pretty solid duelists.

more_horiz
Neji wrote:

^
Dont forget the admins with a god complex

more_horiz
Nuran wrote:
Neji wrote:

^
Dont forget the admins with a god complex

Razz

more_horiz
DN didn't care to fix or at least try to help fix my IP problem after the hack attacks by that Egyptian kid. I can't access it for almost 2 months now from my laptop and since I despise automatic ygo systems, I switched to Hearthstone...now DN lost their images too. This is just such a damn shame, since DN is the best ygo platform that ever came out but the people who run the site (who will not be named) are so careless, selfish and incapable. It's their fault the site is dying.

more_horiz
psychoturtle wrote:
DN didn't care to fix or at least try to help fix my IP problem after the hack attacks by that Egyptian kid. I can't access it for almost 2 months now from my laptop and since I despise automatic ygo systems, I switched to Hearthstone...now DN lost their images too. This is just such a damn shame, since DN is the best ygo platform that ever came out but the people who run the site (who will not be named) are so careless, selfish and incapable. It's their fault the site is dying.

What's your battle.net?

inb4DA becomes Hearth Academy.

more_horiz
I don't think you'd be able to play with turtle. Game is separated by regions, kinda sucks but makes sense. Got a bunch of EU friends I'd love to play with. Sad

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
psychoturtle wrote:

What's your battle.net?

NO! ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOT

SOME Hearthstone is ok. A lot Hearthstone is fucking cancer.

more_horiz
No worries, it will not happen as long as Anzo is not on drugs..........I think.

more_horiz
Neji wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
psychoturtle wrote:

What's your battle.net?

NO! ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOT

SOME Hearthstone is ok. A lot Hearthstone is fucking cancer.

Did someone say facehunter?

more_horiz
Dude I don't mind any of the cards in HS.

It's more of the pay to win mentality because of the card packs -_-

more_horiz
Don't forget to mention the pay to play events and the legends that come along with them.

Edit: forgot to mention how much this triggered me when I would look up decks and allot of the key cards were from these events. God damn. -_-

Last edited by DMK on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TRIGGGGEEEEERRRRRREEEEEDDDDDD)

more_horiz
But you know the game is free to play right? Right????

more_horiz
Sure, if you want to stay at rank 20. Smile But I mean yeah, completely and utterly free to play.

more_horiz
You could manage as a F2P player before any of the expansions. Now it's just dumb and overpriced. Gold is gained way too slow and should not be restricted how much you pain per day. And the Tavern Brawl should give more than 1 pack per week that's retarded.

more_horiz
Lmao, as with any "F2P" game there has to be incentives for players to buy in game items. How else will the Dev's reel in that sweet sweet dinero.

more_horiz
Free to play games are never free to play esentially lol

more_horiz
They're "free to play" but "pay to win/be successful" in, pretty much.

more_horiz
P2P games are actually cheaper than F2P games lol

Unless it's a game like TERA where you really don't need to pay

more_horiz
Or Warframe

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
psychoturtle wrote:

What's your battle.net?

SkilledOne #2743

But I'm EU so we can't play. Also for those who say you need to pay to be under rank 20 at HS, I didn't pay a cent and I reached rank 9 in 8 days since I got my account... LOL

more_horiz
FriskyBadger#1251 on NA get on it nerds

more_horiz
Highest ran I've ever been was #5 or w/e the sea giant rank is. I didnt have enough time to get to legend before the end of season QQ

more_horiz
psychoturtle wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
psychoturtle wrote:

What's your battle.net?

SkilledOne #2743

But I'm EU so we can't play. Also for those who say you need to pay to be under rank 20 at HS, I didn't pay a cent and I reached rank 9 in 8 days since I got my account... LOL

Was just an exaggeration lol.

more_horiz
"How can a man be a pimp without his dick?" - BLS

more_horiz
Neji wrote:
"How can a man be a pimp without his dick?"  - BLS

Wise words to live by.   santa

more_horiz
This suddenly turned into HS nerds gathering.

more_horiz
yeah, i wonder y

more_horiz
Fuck DN
Fuck HS
Fuck everything and you'll achieve inner piece and Nirvana

more_horiz
fuck you

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply