Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DN Status After the Image Removal

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+13
Nuran
Flash Dreyar
Neji
DMK
BlackJack
Frisky Badger
Booked
AbyssalYGO
CrimsonOverlord
Anzo
ScottyAdams
JC the shadow hunter
Jv
17 posters

descriptionDN Status After the Image Removal EmptyDN Status After the Image Removal

more_horiz
Yeah, as we all knew DN basically Died.

Nowadays it only has 600-700 People online. The Public Chat died, no one writes. No more Spam.

DN Status After the Image Removal I1U52Yw
DN Status After the Image Removal HA6P8FD

People moved to YGOPRO Percival the only one that adds Cards the same day after being spoilerd, and many moved to Devpro just because it was somehow related to DN.

descriptionDN Status After the Image Removal EmptyRe: DN Status After the Image Removal

more_horiz
Percival is so gei tho

the update made my whole shit glitch

and i have a mac so no devpro e.e

descriptionDN Status After the Image Removal EmptyRe: DN Status After the Image Removal

more_horiz
Meh, Dn's still alive ... good, public chat is less cancerous when nobody's actually speaking in it, and the skrubs have been weeded off. I would download YGOPRO even if only to duel a friend of mine if I could. That DN rarity tho ... Kappa

more_horiz
The dueling system shouldn't really affect communities. If things come down to it, BLS could easily turn off his dueling simulator and adopt another, while he can still retain DN forums existence.

more_horiz
Dn is dead yes, people saying otherwise are kinda wrong. Should that stop us from playing? Nope. There are a plethora of other systems to duel on, no need to be so stubborn and cling to dn. If dn gets back to glory thats great, it wont happen though

more_horiz
Good riddance

more_horiz
AbyssalYGO wrote:
Good riddance

Lmao saw that you commented, was thinking he prob said good riddance. Gg psychic confirmed?

more_horiz
Other simulators aren't as social, plus ... they kinda make you jump through hoops to activate an effect as simple as searching with Tincan during the EP.

more_horiz
Dont get me wrong, dn will be the best simulator out there that being community wise and gameplay wise, however its dying out cuz that c&d order was a very hard blow. Ill treasure the friends ive made on dn and the moments it gave me for a life time ;-;

more_horiz
shet there is someone named Gentleman Durbe 102 BOOKS

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Dn is dead yes, people saying otherwise are kinda wrong. Should that stop us from playing? Nope. There are a plethora of other systems to duel on, no need to be so stubborn and cling to dn. If dn gets back to glory thats great, it wont happen though

By adopt another I meant make a new one. The CAD order (or whatever its called) is directed toward 'Dueling Network', a minor change in the code of DN and a new name will render the order ineffective. They'll have to issue a new one if they want to shut it down again. BLS could be smart this time and actually remove watermarks from his cards, or link cards to Wikipedia so that they won't claim he's stealing their art. They cannot issue a CAD if his cards are uploaded from Wikipedia. I can imagine it'll be slower to load cards, but he should be able to retain his control of the situation that way.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

By adopt another I meant make a new one. The CAD order (or whatever its called) is directed toward 'Dueling Network', a minor change in the code of DN and a new name will render the order ineffective. They'll have to issue a new one if they want to shut it down again. BLS could be smart this time and actually remove watermarks from his cards, or link cards to Wikipedia so that they won't claim he's stealing their art. They cannot issue a CAD if his cards are uploaded from Wikipedia. I can imagine it'll be slower to load cards, but he should be able to retain his control of the situation that way.

Hmmm interesting, but then why isnt he doing this?

more_horiz
Thank god that DN died and its about time they did so they can get rid of ghe horrible players and admins. They should have killed DNf also. AS for other simulators lije Ygopro and Devpro, they cool and stuff but they need to keep working on their servers and auto updates feature and fix the mobile app too. iF konami or whoever it is can implement the game to VR  and require or be optional to use real cards and a dueling disk and take us through an experience to actually duel our way like the shows from yugio to arc v, that would be dope.Legacy of the duelist is the best game but we are missing alot of stuff in the game. i know some of you fools heard that konami is going to release 3 new games this year. One for mobile, one for 3ds and one for consoles and pc plus updating legacy of the duelist in the near future

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

I think the C&D was issued because DN was profiting from the intellectual property(card images) of the anime company/Konami. Pretty sure he can't work around that cuz of donations n stuff.

more_horiz
Pretty much what frisky said, they were indeed making profit

more_horiz
He can just stop donations and maintain DN solely on traffic in that case, better than nothing. OR, he can switch donations to DNF instead. DNF isn't a dueling simulator so they can't issue a CAD against it. DN and DNF are basically separate sites, at least on paper.

more_horiz
Easier said than done tbh; you'd have to find a new revenue stream for server maintenance and costs which is what the donations went towards for the most part

more_horiz
+6k online user on daily bases should do the trick.

more_horiz
Why don't we just go and murder the issuer of the C&D problem solved and I get to have lunch at the same time.

more_horiz
Nah, DN's dead. RIP in peace. Dueling straight up sucks on it now.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
He can just stop donations and maintain DN solely on traffic in that case, better than nothing. OR, he can switch donations to DNF instead. DNF isn't a dueling simulator so they can't issue a CAD against it. DN and DNF are basically separate sites, at least on paper.

How the fuck you gon' pay for the hosting?

more_horiz
When people said dn is not dead after image removal lel

more_horiz
People hate reading ... it's too hard for them. They'd rather be spoonfed everything lol

more_horiz
Good DN fucking sucked.

more_horiz
Was also the most realistic dueling simulator.

more_horiz
With a community dumber than the city of Miami and the slowest shit of life. 

The forums were worse than most subreddits on reddit. The graphic center and gaming subforums were useless as thrirsty pricks would only selfishly ask you for requests rather than give out their opinion on your works. Gaming threads would be ignored because it wasn't LoL or whatever shitty game was the fad at the time. 
The deck garage was decent. There was always drama somewhere in intro or in general discussion. 

I'm glad half of the kiddies are gone.

more_horiz
Frisky Badger wrote:
Anzo wrote:

Web traffic gets you money, that's a starter.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Frisky Badger wrote:
Anzo wrote:

Web traffic gets you money, that's a starter.

Depends.

Ad revenue gets more.

more_horiz
Didn't know there were others here that dislikes DN. I'll admit I really did hated DN long before I joined this academy. I'm kind of glad its dying but yet this is bad also because now those DN salters will be infecting Ygopro and Devpro so yeah that's a downside. At least this time I'll have a better chance at beating them all. I can never get timing or ruling right on DN, that's the reason why I like Ygopro and Devpro better, even though they both have their own flaws *cough* bugs.

more_horiz
Neji wrote:
With a community dumber than the city of Miami and the slowest shit of life. 

The forums were worse than most subreddits on reddit. The graphic center and gaming subforums were useless as thrirsty pricks would only selfishly ask you for requests rather than give out their opinion on your works. Gaming threads would be ignored because it wasn't LoL or whatever shitty game was the fad at the time. 
The deck garage was decent. There was always drama somewhere in intro or in general discussion. 

I'm glad half of the kiddies are gone.

Skrubs and children exist EVERYWHERE. That's a fact, they're not just isolated to DN. I ignored the forums for the most part, because well, 95% of its inhabitants are idiots *when I would post on something, it'd only be because said topic interested me*.

The truth about games is; most gaming discussion devolves into childish Bullshit that quite frankly, is best left to games like CoD *yes, the CoD community is cancer*.

Most people who play this game are immature ... brought in by the allure of the anime, and the fact that this game is promoted as a "children's card game" at its core *that is another rant, for another time, but plain and simple; this ain't a children's card game*.

Tl;dr, there's idiots in EVERY single community you go to, some more than others ... as much as the DN community was cancer, if you ignored it and just did your thing, all was decent.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply