Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Hearthstone: Teach meh senpai

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
DMK
faervel
Etwizzy
Salader
Linda-Senpai
Anzo
10 posters

descriptionHearthstone: Teach meh senpai EmptyHearthstone: Teach meh senpai

more_horiz
Who plays on EU?

I need someone to practice with. I'm still new to the game.

descriptionHearthstone: Teach meh senpai EmptyRe: Hearthstone: Teach meh senpai

more_horiz
im trying to make a hearthstone youtube  channel but camtasia claims i dont have enough space to record

more_horiz
just play face huntard and you'll get rank 15+

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
im trying to make a hearthstone youtube  channel but camtasia claims i dont have enough space to record

Use something else to record. I was watching a mentoring video on YT the other day to learn the basics; it was helpful. I wouldn't mind more of these.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] no idea what that is.

more_horiz
Question: Do I buy the normal cards pack, or the goblins vs gnoms pack? Also, when do I stop buying normal packs?

more_horiz
Keep buying normal packs until in about every pack you're making dust. At that point you really should onlybe after epics and legendarys

Then switch to GvG packs and do the same.

I need to get back into this game considering the new expan has been announced

more_horiz
Nooooooooo!!!! Buy the expansions before your buy ANY card packs.

First thing you need to do it play and level each hero to level 10 so that unlock all the basic cards.

more_horiz
I play both on EU&NA and I lost access to my old account so this one's new and I don't have many cards feel free to add me: Lainion#2786

Also what gnar said is true don't listen to salad Hearthstone: Teach meh senpai 1550756652
Maybe "any" is kinda overkill but still it's better if you start with the expansion while sometimes you buy packs rarely in middle of doing the expansions.
Also 1st pack is better than GvG for starting but again buying 1or2 while trying to get the rares on the 1st one won't hurt.

more_horiz
Buy Naxxramas expansion first and foremost

more_horiz
Guys, you're forgetting I'm new as fuck to this game, I can't even understand half the stuff you're speaking of. I don't know how to make dust or how to use it. I also don't know what expansions are or how to buy them, real money? I also don't know how to start getting epics and legendaries .-.

more_horiz
I'll message you on fb

more_horiz
better involve nudes

more_horiz
I use Zoo, just become RNGesus and win thats hearthstone in general.

more_horiz
wats dat

more_horiz
DMK wrote:
I use Zoo, just become RNGesus and win thats hearthstone in general.

I play Zoo also Hearthstone: Teach meh senpai 3974120512 and occasionally Mech Mage.

more_horiz
"expansions" are the adventure modes that you can find when playing solo.they are the 2nd option in menu;And GvG is Goblins vs Gnomes pack while zoo is a type of deck that fills the field with minions.
Any more questions?

more_horiz
Thats not correct.The only expansion so far is Goblins vs Gnomes (GvG) which actually gives you new cards from packs(the GvG packs).The Adventures give you cards as rewards so they aren't random since you know that if you complete a certain wing of the adventure you are going to get certain cards.

So if you are new to the game I would recommend to unlock all the hidden quests which will give you bonus rewards.Start by clearing all the AI opponents and reach level 10 on all characters.That way you will have all the basic cards and you will get a feel of what to expect from a certain class.For example priests rely on healing,mages have better removal (talking about the starting decks not a custom deck that is top tier or smt),warlocks have card advantage and so on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] here are some hidden quests you can google the rest (there was some reward for 1000 wins in any mode or smt)

Also you probably already used your free arena run.If I were you I wouldn't play arena (which is like a draft mode tournament and you play till you win 12 times or lose 3 times) because the people playing in it will have better knowledge of the game and will probably defeat you before you reach 5 wins which is when you actually get profit from arena since the rewards will be equal or better than what you paid to enter.

So basicly the most solid way to start the game is to make a deck out of the basic cards and figure out which card is better and why. For example cards like the magma rager which has 5 attack and 1 health are one of the worst since almost every class can instantly deal with it with its hero power while creatures with 5 and more health are really hard to remove and will require a strong removal card or multiply cards (suicide 2 minions or hero power + spell etc).You can check some basic decks in the internet since people like Trump already have done a lot of those decks for people that just start and kinda wanna get as far as possible at ranked.

Eventually you will open some packs get some cards then if you have more than 2 copies of certain cards you can disenchant them for dust by clicking disenchant extra cards.Then you should see some popular decks in the internet choose one class and deck type and try to craft the cards for it.Depending on the deck you might want to save gold for adventures like naxxramass or brm because each wing of thiese costs 700 but you get around 5 cards on wing (one of which is a legendary).Cards from adventures cant be crafted or disenchanted.

Thats it for now if it was helpful I can go on in the future.

more_horiz
I've leveled all of my heroes to level 10 and got the basic cards. I have a good understanding on the decks for now and how to play around them. I still don't know all the cards though.

I got around 220 gold and I'm saving to get the 1st wing once I reach 700 gold. It's quite expensive to be honest, with quests and the 10 gold per 3 wins It's going to take a while.

I haven't bought that many classic packs, like maybe 4 or 5 in total in addition to 1 GvG pack which i bought because I thought it had way stronger cards, ended up with cards similar to what I have.

Also, how do i know whether I have more than 2 copies of the same card? It always shows x2 below cards and doesn't say x4 or x5 or something.

Also, yea that was helpful, if you have more stuff to put on the table I'll be interested in that :D

more_horiz
When you are browsing your collection on the bottom right corner there should be a button to enter the crafting mode.In that mode you can disenchant and craft new cards for dust.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the new expansion that is coming soon and it will feature a lot of new cards and also the new Inspire mechanic.Probably everyone is saving gold to buy those new cards but don't be fooled-new players should stick to the classic packs or gvg if they want to build mech decks.

Ok so lets talk about deck types.

The first type of deck that you will encounter is the aggro deck.It features low cost creatures with the idea to flood the board with them and quickly overwhelm the opponent.Creatures that give buffs and low cost cards with battlecry or deathrattle are mostly used,since they kinda have the same stats as the other low cost units but do something more.For example instead of the murloc 2/1 a 2/1 mech gnome will also give you a spare part when it dies or a leper gnome will damage your opponent for 2.The aggro decks will usually have minions that cost from 1 to 4 mana and spells that give buffs/removal spells/direct damage spells. The most popular aggro decks are the zoo lock (which is called zoo because it features some beasts like dire wolf alpha,spiders and etc) and the face hunter(which specializes in dealing direct damage to the opponent hero).Aggro decks are the most popular way to rank up fast since the games dont take much time.You can google deck lists.

2nd type of deck is a mid-range deck.These decks focus on the middle part of the game.As you saw aggro decks focus on the start so if you manage to survive long enough vs aggro decks with a mid range deck you kind of gain advantage and you win eventually.All classes can produce a mid-range deck but the most popular ones are mid-range hunter and mid-range shaman.The important thing about a mid range deck is to play a lot of solid minions that cost 3-5 mana that are not that easy to remove (trading 2 for one or more).

3rd type of deck is the so called control deck.This deck focuses on the lategame.It has a really hard time against aggro decks because if you draw no answers to the opponent in the first turns you might just lose to a swarm of low cost units.To avoid this scenario control decks run mass removal that wipes the enemy field.The idea of the deck is to stall till you get enough mana for your huge monsters.This kind of deck requires powerful late game monsters (mostly legendaries) so I wont recommend it to new players.Most popular control decks are - Demon/Hand lock,Control Priest,Freeze mage,Control Warrior and etc.

4th type of deck is the so called combo deck.Combo decks are different for each class.They focus on killing the opponent with one combo or setting up a strong field that cant be dealt with easy.Example for these decks are - "Miracle rogue" which focuses on killing the enemy in one turn using arcane golem + tinkmaster oil ,shadowstep and some direct damage spells like eviscerate or to avoid taunts with sap.
Combo druid is the other popular deck which focuses on the turn 9 force of nature + savage roar combo.It can also do a force of nature + innervate + 2x savage roar for more damage.9 mana combo is 14 dmg with 10 mana and innervate it is 22(if your board is clear).
The most popular combo deck in this format is the Warrior Patron deck which uses warsong commander,Grim Patron and some sort of a aoe dmg (whirlwind,deaths bite,revenge) to trigger Grim Patron's effect to spawn more Grim Patrons which get charge from the warsong commander.

More incoming idk when.

Last edited by WondeRy on Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
WondeRy be like Ctrl + C then Ctrl + v lol

more_horiz
Actually I wasted my time to type this wall of text tnx

more_horiz
It wasn't a waste of your time :>

Anyhow, thus far I'm liking the Rogue and the Hunter decks, followed my Druid and Paladin. I'm not sure about the others, they don't feel like good to be honest.

I noticed that many people run aggro decks, I didn't know that is what they're called though. I'd always lose to these unless i get Swipe or something similar for other decks.

For now, I can't say i quite understand how to differentiate each of those types. I'm still not familiar with all classic cards. I'm trying to watch live streams as much as I can, specially the HSL (I think that's what its called), it has some epic plays and some interesting decks. Favorite players gotta be Purple and Sjow.

more_horiz
I'm currently playing Midrange priest. So I can't help you there xD

more_horiz
I've been playing it for 2 weeks or so now. Pretty fun game.
I wish YGO can turn into such theme :/ would've become much more fun... 

Run the Paladin and craft his useful cards! He's good and fun to use.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
It wasn't a waste of your time :>

Anyhow, thus far I'm liking the Rogue and the Hunter decks, followed my Druid and Paladin. I'm not sure about the others, they don't feel like good to be honest.

I noticed that many people run aggro decks, I didn't know that is what they're called though. I'd always lose to these unless i get Swipe or something similar for other decks.

For now, I can't say i quite understand how to differentiate each of those types. I'm still not familiar with all classic cards. I'm trying to watch live streams as much as I can, specially the HSL (I think that's what its called), it has some epic plays and some interesting decks. Favorite players gotta be Purple and Sjow.

My favorite class is Shaman but it's by far the least competitive. If you like Hunter, build a Face Hunter deck. It's cheap and toxic as hell. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] something like this 

Use alternative choices in place of hard to get cards like Leeroy and Mad Scientist until you get them. You'll be able to do well in casual.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Anyhow, thus far I'm liking the Rogue and the Hunter decks, followed my Druid and Paladin.

Well ok.Its always good to first focus on one class :get all the rares and commons that you need for it and then farm gold with it.For example if you want to play hunter (known as huntard) you have to get your hands on the kill command,explosive/freezing traps,eaglehorn bow and unleash the hounds.After you get these you can decide to go aggro with cards like leper gnome,knife juggler,direwolf alpha or go more mid-range with savannah highmane,scavenging hyena and so on.

If you decide to gather rogue first a Tempo rogue (google it) should be the best option since you wont have enough combo pieces for the rogue combo decks (miracle,token,mill,pirate).

more_horiz
Anzo if I were you, I would abuse the Tavern Brawl. Whenever the Brawl, like this week, gives you an already built deck to use, go in there and use it to finish your dailies, and reach 100 gold for the day so you dont have to struggle in casual or ranked. That's what I do, at least.

more_horiz
I'm saving to be Noxx-something wings so I don't wanna spend gold on anything else atm. If I got this one correctly, I need to purchase this Tavern Brawl thingy, right?

more_horiz
Currently (for how long I don't know) Tavern Brawl is free to enter. Your thinking of The Arena.

more_horiz
It's grayed-out for me, that is why i made the assumption it has be bought.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply