Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[Discussion] Wiretap vs Dark bribe vs Forbidden Lance Empty[Discussion] Wiretap vs Dark bribe vs Forbidden Lance

more_horiz
They all work in different ways, but the main idea, to protect monsters(generally), is the same.

Wiretap:
"When a Trap Card is activated: Negate the activation, and if you do, shuffle that card into the Deck."

Works only on traps, but fattens the deck and because it works on traps it'll add that invisible 1 turn delay to even if they draw it. Naturally it doesn't destroy, so if the duel goes on long it won't have done much, but in this meta that rarely happens.

Dark bribe works on spells as well as traps and both negates and destroys it, but the backdraw is that your opponent draws a card and that's quite a large cost in momentum just to save a monster(for example's sake it'll stay a monster^).

And lastly forbidden lance, it has the broadest of uses in the form of saving your monster from bottomless, D.pris, w/e and lowering your opponents monsters atk and giving you a large field advantage. Now what this lacks over the other 2 is that this is spell speed 2 while the others are 3.

Let me know what are your thoughts and be sure to say if i left anything out. (im trying really hard to be productive) >.<

description[Discussion] Wiretap vs Dark bribe vs Forbidden Lance EmptyRe: [Discussion] Wiretap vs Dark bribe vs Forbidden Lance

more_horiz
It all depends on which Monster you want to protect...

So, if you want to protect monsters with high ATK, best choice is Lance.
(Cyber Dragons)

If your opponent has a lots of traps and backrow, you need Wiretap+ this made Seven Tools dead.

Dark Bribe is welcomed in most OTK Decks...

description[Discussion] Wiretap vs Dark bribe vs Forbidden Lance EmptyRe: [Discussion] Wiretap vs Dark bribe vs Forbidden Lance

more_horiz
Trap Stun is more viable option then Wiretrap and Dark Bribe ijs

more_horiz
But fiedish chain being in almost every deck the turn after (assuming your opponent has something to stop the otk or w/e), it'll more or less be a -1 :/

more_horiz
If we consider a standart deck Dark bribe , is out of the quetion. +1 ur opponent , its like u didnt do a thing yet ur opponent has the same options as before and the new card u gave them.

more_horiz
Trap stun is good,but since it's not a spell speed 3 Wiretap's better.

more_horiz
So Dark Bribe is just awful. The other 2 are good and Trap Stun has it's place too. However being able to end chains most of the time with Wiretap makes it my current favourite.

Got to admit Hope this is both productive and a good discussion idea Smile

more_horiz
wiretap and lance will be main deck cards

more_horiz
Lets all +1 UniqueHope . weeeee

more_horiz
Tbh the main dilemma im facing is to either run 3 FL or 2-3 wiretap cause of lack of space, but that's the thing, im not sure which would have a higher number of favorable outcomes, that's the kind of thing you need longtime experience with those cards for.
If there is someone who has ran FL and Tools before extensively and could enlighten me, then please do so ^

more_horiz
I've used both, they each have merits. The best one depends on the deck though so if you could give me some info there I can say my opinion on the best. Smile

more_horiz
Any scenario ever, examples, what in particular it helps/has helped against and so on. As educational as possible

more_horiz
Play both at 2,works for me O_O.

more_horiz
Honestly Hope I lack that type of effort. Listen to Skit as in a deck that needed it I often ran 2:2 ratios of them.

I will give it a quick go though. Wiretap is great against every trap, which in todays meta is forever helpful. Since it's a counter 9/10 times your opponent wont have a response so no more chaining. One of my favourite examples (actually with Seven Tools) I summoned a Felgrand with 2 GB Augustal, opponent Solemns, I use Seven Tools. He rage quits.

Lance is great for a range of purposes, if you use an important boss that needs to be kept alive then it's good plus the attack drop can be a life saver. With GBs that attack loss has allowed me to win games, and the spell/trap immunity effect helps so much with saving Bestiari.

Those are just some examples in 1 deck but you get the idea! Hope that helps you a bit. Smile

more_horiz
I always go with Forbidden Lance because it can also reduce ATK. In a normal match you'll see that number of people using Lance is higher than others.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply