Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionInvasion War System EmptyInvasion War System

more_horiz
Concept:
It is a 3 way warring system that involves strategy. Each team contains 6 members, all of which are linked with a piece of land, which is represented by triangle on the map. One member is the king of the team who controls the strategy element and who's land may not be invaded until his/her team has no other land. Each team takes it in turn to attack. When all 3 teams have taken their turns, it is called a round. A team aims to conquer an enemy's land by invading it. To invade, a team must declare an invasion on some enemy land adjacent to some of their own land. The invasion is a single match between an invader chosen by their team's king, and the defender who is the duelist linked with the land being invaded.

Rules:
1. Each team takes it in turns to invade enemy land.
2. You may only invade land adjacent to land you control.
3. Upon invasion, you pick a duelist who will be the invader.
4. An individual duelist must wait at least 2 rounds until they can invade again. This means teams are more encouraged to attack with different people every time.
5. If the land that you are linked with has been taken over by an enemy, you may not be chosen to invade enemy land.
6. Supposing team 1 took 1 area of team 2's land, and team 3 invaded it, the member of team 1 who took the land must defend it.
7. You may only invade an enemy's capital when all the other land has been taken. The capital is the king's land, and is marked with a circle on the map.
8. Substitutions are allowed, but only during your own turn before any invasions have been declared.

Playstation Ripoff Triple FFA:
https://i.imgur.com/h30oK.jpg

Block wars 1V1:

https://i.imgur.com/O6VrV.png

4 Way FFA Square Arena
https://i.imgur.com/XLJLS.png

Rules version 1.1.1

GIMME A SLIFER/RA/OBELISK WAR TO TEST THIS THING OUT!

Last edited by jjh927 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 7 times in total

descriptionInvasion War System EmptyRe: Invasion War System

more_horiz
I love this idea, and want to be in it for the Slifer team! Razz

more_horiz
As long as each Triangle is named, I don't see what could go wrong. Run this idea by Amy:P

more_horiz
Oh, I forgot, you can only invade triangles adjacent to your team controlled land.

more_horiz
That one was pretty obvious though Razz

You couldn't exactly jump from one end of the board to another xD

more_horiz
Reinvented system. Here we go.

Concept:
It is a 3 way warring system that involves strategy. Each team contains 6 members, all of which are linked with a piece of land, which is represented by triangle on the map. One member is the leader of the team who controls the strategy element and who's land may not be invaded until his/her team has no other land. Each team takes it in turn to attack. When all 3 teams have taken their turns, it is called a round. A team aims to conquer an enemy's land by invading it. To invade, a team must declare an invasion on some enemy land adjacent to some of their own land. The invasion is a single match between an invader chosen by the team leader, and the defender who is the duelist linked with the land being invaded.

Rules:
1. Each team takes it in turns to invade enemy land.
2. You may only invade land adjacent to land you control.
3. Upon invasion, you pick a duelist who will be the invader.
4. A duelist must wait at least 2 rounds until they can invade again. This means teams are more encouraged to attack with different people every time.
5. If the land that you are linked with has been taken over by an enemy, you may not be chosen to invade enemy land.
6. Supposing team 1 took 1 area of team 2's land, and team 3 invaded it, the member of team 1 who took the land must defend it.
7. You may only invade an enemy's capital when all the otehr land has been taken. The capital is the leader's land, and is marked with a circle on the map.
8. Substitutions are allowed, but only during your own turn before any invasions have been declared.

This is the new map. You shall fight to take over the playstation ripoff, obviously.

https://i.imgur.com/h30oK.jpg

Last edited by jjh927 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
I really like this idea, also we don't need codes for this one we can simply work it out by using decent graphical-designed triangles to make it more interesting. Because pure triangles isn't that sexy considering that we could have it in something similar to the ideology of "Inlands" like each dorm defend their territory. Pretty awesome idea dude.

more_horiz
The new version trims down the time from about a month or two to about a week or two. A considerable improvement, and it also makes the whole thing easier to understand. If you liked the old version, then you'll (Insert cheesy comment about new version here).

more_horiz
I have something in mind, will use my awesome PS skills to do it and post it here A.S.A.P.

more_horiz
It needs a new name. It doesn't neccessarily have to be 3 ways.

https://i.imgur.com/O6VrV.png

I could even work on a 4 way system.

more_horiz
Dorm war
Triple war
War of the Gods (As each dorm represents a god xD)
Invasion
King of the field
King of the triangle

Just a few i thought of quickly xD

more_horiz
Dorm War (We did that before)
War of the Gods (We did that before)
King of the field (Did a similar event)

King of Triangle, silly name, but holds a major amount of fun, which we will work on.

more_horiz
I did say i thought of them quickly xD

more_horiz
I name it: Fields of Invasion, or FI.
Best I could think of. Difficult to come up with a proper name.

more_horiz
I like it, i prefer triangle or king to be referenced, however your the boss in this thread jjh927

more_horiz
Oh, I could change leader to king. That's an idea. Then i can put king in the title and have it sound cooler.

It is now called Polygon Invasion Conflict of Kings, or PICK. Way cooler.

OP updated.

more_horiz
Eh.... your idea is good but the more you ppl develop it, the more you go into some dreams. I mean cmon, if you ppl continue to name it like you started, in two three days the topic title will exceed the limit of chars available. Name should be something simple, yet telling what the game is about. Now you went in wrong direction, words match but its not a name its more like our keywords widget that has all the associated words about the game lol.

I named an event you all know "The quest for the supreme king". Yes, a long title but it tells exactly what the event is. Lets look at yours: Polygon Invasion Conflict of Kings. Really? If I am a new member in DA does this name attract my attention? I would rather run from it lol.

You should more focus on shaping the game a bit more easier and understandable by members. Also you need to cover all possibilities on paper first. About the name, we got time for it don't worry.

This will be implemented but it needs some tuning first. So, I'm still giving you all the chance to shape it yourself before I take it to a higher level ._.

more_horiz
Just Conflict of Kings then?

more_horiz
just stop giving names.

concentrate on game mechanics itself.

more_horiz
That's what I did when I updated the rules to make them simpler. Nevertheless, I appreciate your input. It's going to need more than just me to turn this into something. I'd like to see how it works in practice before I do any more tweaking though.

Also, I just wanted a cool acronym. That's why I went for PICK. lol.
Changing to something else.

more_horiz
can we call it risk instead?

more_horiz
Shut up about the name. I want to know when we will make a war.

more_horiz
How about you just call it Duelist Invasion. Short sweet and to the point

more_horiz
-facepalm- It's okay Zeox, you're the only person who can disregard what jj just said:P

more_horiz
It's still a decent name suggestion. I'll probably use it for the beta, which hopefully will be available for sign ups once Amy tells me I can put it up somewhere.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply