Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

In Depth guide for new members.

+31
KishKosh
Belowski
BlueEyesSynchro
ViolentBuffalo
YuseiFudoist
Nox
MUFC
Cerberus
marabo
Kira Amadeus
pixydiva
sorarockx
Dante
DrakonEX
Kurosaki Ichigo
Verdo
ckero
Assassin
SphinxHunter
mocandragon55
Mega Monarch
The_Dutch_Prince
Connor Ghost-Coil
Terminator
EJ
ericaep617
diamonddude
Unkown
L
cxw
JadenYuki
35 posters

descriptionIn Depth guide for new members. EmptyIn Depth guide for new members.

more_horiz
This is a sticky post to guide new members who don't know what to do. Duel Academy is a yu-gi-oh based academy which we duel, chat, have fun. It has 3 dorms in it.

The first one is Slifer Red. Slifer Red is for those beginners that want to learn how to duel or it may just be that you did terrible on your test. Slifer Red is the lowest ranked dorm, but it has more competition. You can climb your way to the top to Obelisk by dueling here.

The second dorm is called Rá Yellow. This dorm is for intermediate duelists. It is the middle rank in this academy. Rá yellow is a good dorm and even if you think intermediate is bad, it isn't. You should be proud of making this dorm and working hard to try to achieve the next dorm.

The third dorm is called Obelisk Blue. This is where advanced duelists are place that demonstrated high knowlege of the game during their test. You must prove that you have great stradegies, tactics. This is the dorm where all people want to be, but most don't get in.

The fourth and final dorm is called the Abandoned Dark Dorm. This dorm is specially for those duelists who have proved themselves in the academy. You can't get into that dorm on your test. Qualifiers must have on tournament win, a good amount of DP and shown activeness. This is the toughest dorm to get in.
The next topic I will talk about is KCVDS. Our main dueling system is KCVDS. KCVDS can be downloaded from here We will be using this program throughout the whole academy including tournaments, dorm wars, and many other events. It is important to install this before getting started. You can find some FAQ's here

The last topic this post will concern is hamachi. Hamachi is a program that lets you interact with another and lets you host/join duels. If you don't have this installed in your computer, this will be a major problem as you will NOT be able to particapte in most events here. If you want to download hamachi in which we highly reccomend, Click Here! .

BEFORE YOU ASK ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE READ THE KCVDS USER GUIDE. This will get you started with KCVDS.

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM a moderator or admin and they can kindly assist you. Have fun here!

descriptionIn Depth guide for new members. EmptyRe: In Depth guide for new members.

more_horiz
how do you get cards
also how do you dule

descriptionIn Depth guide for new members. EmptyRe: In Depth guide for new members.

more_horiz

"BEFORE YOU ASK ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE READ THE KCVDS USER GUIDE. This will get you started with KCVDS. "

You are also double posting.

more_horiz
You spammed and double posted cxw, do it again and you will receive a warning, second post will be deleted.

more_horiz
How do you duel i have read the guide please help me

more_horiz
How to answer the tests?

more_horiz
ericaep617 wrote:
How to answer the tests?

Contact a tester through hamachi and he'll test you through match duel

more_horiz
how do u test

more_horiz
Terminator wrote:
how do u test

Join this ham: DA Testing 4 pass:1234 and tester will contact you their.

more_horiz
If you can't join that, go to DA Testing 5 Pass: 1234 and a tester will assist you there.

more_horiz
Hi guys, as you can probably can see I'm new to DA.

I have been reading the guide ( although is was familar to it ) but I can't get into the HAM networks because I don't have HAMACHI ( reason is: somehow it messes up my pc) ( When i shut it down ( the pc ) and the next day or even after 10 mintues when i start my pc up my pc goes crazy and i end up with only having 30 seconds to delete HAMACHI otherwise my pc will completly freeze ).

But I'm Able to host IP on KCVDS 1.15 and 1.16 ( updated to 1.19 ), i'm not using DMU, YVD or J-Project ( although i have J-Project and YVD ).

So would it be oke if i do my test with IP ( when I host ) or is that against the rules of the Accademy ( I think not because I haven't read a rule about it ) ...

I eagerly await a reply on this

more_horiz
In Depth guide for new members. Icon_rabbit actually i don't think it'll be ok since all tournaments are in ham and that's just the beginning but i'm no expert. might wana fix ur pc. i think the admins can help u with that. any way PM an admin about this prob the y may be provide more help than me

more_horiz
how do you do the ham thing

more_horiz
can u be more specific ?? In Depth guide for new members. Icon_cool

more_horiz
1. How do you contact a DA Tester?
2. And what is Hamachi?
3. What do you do there?
4. How do you play it?

By The Way I Am Not A Beginner Duelist

more_horiz
SphinxHunter wrote:
1. How do you contact a DA Tester?
2. And what is Hamachi?
3. What do you do there?
4. How do you play it?

By The Way I Am Not A Beginner Duelist

I will change the order a bit.
1) How do you play it?
I guess you are referring to KCVDS. Check the first post in this topic
and there will be a para or two related to KCVDS. Read that and you
will understand.
For more details check out kaibacorporation.com
There are also other duel systems about which you can duel through but
i first suggest you use KCVDS and then ask assistance for others in
"support and feedback" forum

2)What is hamachi?
In small words - Its a network or connection

3) What do you do there?
Once you download it from http://hamachi.cc/ you have to join networks.
Once you are in a network you can chat with any member of that network.
Many people cannot duel without connecting through hamachi so its
compulsory to download it if you DA's member

3) How do I contact a DA tester

Once you download hamachi join this ham
Duel Academy TR

password : 123
and a tester will guide you after that.

Anyway, even though i am not a staff i would like to inform every
member of this academy that this is not a query forum but a guide for
new members.

ASK YOUR QUERIES HERE

If the staff feels the question you asked is a common doubt everyone
will have they will include that information into this guide.

~Assassin

more_horiz
Can someone please tell me how to take one of those beginner tests? I tried going to "DA Testing 4 (and 5)".

more_horiz
go to tester's dorm forum...and there you'd find many ham rooms...choose your tester and join his ham..good luck

more_horiz
When I try to log in to KVDS it keeps giving me the Database error, please check connection or server. How exactly do I fix this problem, cause I was in then I logged out and now its messing up.

Thanks!
-Verdo

more_horiz
Same thing happened to me,it sorta fixed itself in a few days i have no idea how,but check if youre running on multiple networs,block one,hen try and login.
Or check if youve added the KCVDS exception on the firewall thingee.

more_horiz
This message apears when the server is down or overcrowded.

more_horiz
Not really,I redownload KCVDS and it was being wierd like that all the time,it autofixed.

more_horiz
This problem is for everyone and its comming from KC.
Someone the server is down so we need to wait till its up again and spams stop here this is not the righ topic to post things like that.

more_horiz
how to duel

more_horiz
im new n i cant sign up or well i just dont no how 2 help mi plezz Oh Shit

more_horiz
pixydiva wrote:
im new n i cant sign up or well i just dont no how 2 help mi plezz Oh Shit

what do you mean couse i can't understandd where can't you login in the game ?

more_horiz
can somone give me the ham to a tester because all test ham I find is full

more_horiz
Ask for a new ham in his room at testers room

more_horiz
hey i'm new. i'm good at the game but i dont know nothing about how this site works. first i need a test to be classified at a dorm i think Smile so who helps me out with this? those hams are fulls

more_horiz
i need a test. i'm new at the site but not at the game. waiting for answers Smile

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum