Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionTypes of Summoning EmptyTypes of Summoning

more_horiz
Article number two.

Today, I will be writting an article about the types of Summoning.

Let's start.

1) Normal Summons

A Normal Summon can only be made, once per turn. Even though Sets are NOT counted as

summons, they will take up your Normal Summon for that Turn.

You can Normal Summon additional monsters by using cards such as " Double Summon or

Ultimate offering".

Only Monster level 4 or lower are allowed to be Normal Summoned without tributes.
Normal Summoning is the basic type of Summoning.

2) Tribute Summons

Level 5 or 6 need two tributes(which are monsters usually), while 7+ need 2. But,

some high level monsters like, Aracne Force need 3 tributes to be summoned, that is

just part of the card's effect.

Monsters who need tributes can be also summoned in other ways, like LP while

Mausoleum of the Emperor is in play, you pay monster level x 1000 cost. However this

means that this summon is a Normal Summon, not a tribute summon.

Also, a monster that is tribute Set also needs tributes.

Tribute Summons are treated as Normal Summon, but some card effect like Monarchs',

need the monster to be Tribute Summon for their effect to happen, so if Masusoleum

of the Emeperor is used to summon a Monarch, it does not gain its effect.

PS: Tributes of Tribute Summons are NOT Costs.
PS: Some cards like, Raviel, Lord of Phantasms require Trap Cards to be tributed for

the card to be summoned, this summon is treated as a Special Summon(we will talk

about it in a while) not a Tribute Summon.
Tribute Sets are treated the same as Tribute Summons, except they are summoned face

-down.

3) Flip Summons

Flip Summons, are when a Face Down Position Monster is flipped Face-Up by the

controller. Flip Summons are NOT normal summons, a player may Flip Summon as many

monsters as he can, as long as an Effect does not disable him to do so.

When a Flip Effect monster is Flip Summoned, its Flip Effect see:[URL]

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Flip_Effect[/URL]
Also, its Flip Effect effect is activated if it flipped face up by a Card that does

not negate its effect like:"Swords of Revealing Light. Flip Effects are also when a

Monster is flipped face up during the Damage Step.

Monster that are destroyed by Monsters that have Special Effects like Mystic

Swordsman LV2's are not flipped face-up during the Damage Step and Flip Effects do

not activate.

Any Monsters that are flipped face-up by a Card effect or by battle are not

Flip Summoned, but will gain their Flip Effect.

4) Special Summons

Special Summons are Summons that are made due to the Activation of a card. Either a

Spell, Trap, or Monster Effect, even the card's own effect. You can Special Summon

as many times as you want in a turn, as long as it is possible. Any monster that is

Special Summon must be Summoned in face-up ATK or DEF position, unless the card used

to summon the monster states otherwise. Special Summons can be activated during

either players' turn.

PS: Fusion Summons, Ritual Summons, and Synchro Summons are ALL CONSIDERED SPECIAL

SUMMONS. Thus, the summoning of E.Hero Flame Wingman can be negated by Royal

Opression.

5) Fusion Summons

A Fusion Summon is a Special Summon executed by using "Polymerization" or any other

card with the same effect, and sending to the graveyard monsters that are listed on

a Monster in your Extra Deck(Fusion Deck) and Summoning that Monster.
A Fusion Summon occurs as the following:

1. Activation of the Card that is used to Fusion Summon.
2. Selecting the Fusion Monster, from Extra Deck.
3. Sending the Materials, listed on the Fusion Monster to the grave from hand or

field to grave.
4. Summoning the Monster, in face-up ATK or DEF position.

Also, you can choose 1 material from your hand, and one from field.

You cannot use Re-Fusion to summon a Fusion Monster from your graveyard that has

been summoned by a monster like "Summoner of Illusions", since monsters summoned by

its effect are considered Specially Summoned not Fusion Summoned.

There are many cards other than "Polymerization" that are used to Fusion Summon

like: Power Bond, Overloard Fusion, Miracle Fusion, and so on. Monsters summoned by

those card, and treated as they are Fusion Summoned.

6) Ritual Summons

Ritual Summons are Special Summons, where the Monster summoned is summoned through

the effect of a Ritual Spell Card. These Summons usually require Tributes with a Sum

of level, equal to the Level of the Ritual Monster.
Ritual Monsters can be summoned from the Graveyard.

7) Synchro Summons

a)Synchro Summons are the newest kind of Summoning to the TCG, along with Dark

Synchro Summons.

A Synchro summon is when you have 1 Tuner type monster ([URL]

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tuner_Monsters[/URL]) and 1 Non-Tuner monster who's sum

of levels add up to the the Level of the Synchro Monster in your Extra Deck. When

you have that condition, you can send those Monsters to the Graveyard to summon that

Synchro monster. It has to be EXACTLY the same level.

Example:
D-Hero Malicious(Level6) + Krebons(Level2)= 8 Stars
Extra Deck: Stardust Dragon(level8)
You Send D-Hero Malicious and krebons to Graveyard and summon Stardust Dragon.
NOTE: The Monsters used for a Synchro Summon are not tributes. They are

called Synchro Material Monsters.

Synchro Summons are one kind of Special Summon. Even if Macro Cosmos is in play, you

can still Synchro Summon, but the Materials are removed from play instead.
If a Synchro Monster was summoned ordinarily to the field, then you can use "Monster

Reborn" to Special Summon it back from the Grave.
Since Synchro Summons are Special Summons, you can negate them with, "Royal

opressions" and cards like that.

Example: Krebons(Level2) + D-Hero Malicious(Level6) = 8 Level Synchro Monster=

Stardust Dragon.

Last edited by Unkown on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionTypes of Summoning EmptyRe: Types of Summoning

more_horiz
Locked, for testing purposes.

more_horiz
Topic unlocked, Marking done.

more_horiz
Normal Summon and Tribute Summon are older terms. When the 1st set of synchros came out those terms were replaced. A Normal Summon is now called a "Release" and a Tribute Summon is now called an "Advance Summon".

For Flip Summons you should mention that it is flipped to face up Attack Position and describe how that is different from when a monster is simply flipped face up by an effect or if it was attacked while face down.

The formatting is sort of random, with some lines having a line between them while others don't and for no apparent reason. There are also a few typos/spelling errors still in the article.

Overall, not the worst article ever but could be more informative and has a few things that need to be fixed. 6.5/10

more_horiz
i'll give a 7.5/10 couse i didn't knew about the new terms thank you nekofjung

more_horiz
Ummm, nekofjung... Release is tribute in new terms... Also you could have included Nomi and Semi Nomi in the Special Summon section. Good article, althought lack of information... I give it a 6.5/10

more_horiz
Well, yeah I agree, but I didn't know those new terms, even though I've searched for alot of information. Hope you like my other articles.

more_horiz
I've just read it.Well I like the article it gives a plenty of information, I've noticed some mistakes but it's ok :D.I didn't know about the new terms too thanks for telling us neko.So for this article I'll give 7.5/10

more_horiz
I like it that information will be usefoul for the new duelists in DA i give 7.5/10

more_horiz
Please don't necro post TheShitMaker. If you notice, the last post before your's was on March 31, nearly 2 months ago.

more_horiz
Nice and Cool,I knew what Unkown wrote but didn't knew the new Stuff that Nekofjung Mentioned,Thanks Neko & Unkown Smile

~ Betrayer

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply