Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionExceed Summoning EmptyExceed Summoning

more_horiz
Light from KC wrote:

With the dawn of the Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL era comes a new type of monster - the Exceed Monster. What follows is a primer on what they are, how they are summoned, and how they are treated. Hopefully this will ensure that you will all be ready to tackle them once they take the world by storm (nor not, as the case may be).

Exceed Monsters:

• An Exceed Monster is a new type of Monster Card that is coloured black. They are stored in the Extra Deck along with Fusion Monsters and Synchro Monsters.
• Instead of a Level, Exceed Monsters have a Rank. This Rank determines the required Levels of the Exceed Material Monsters needed in order to summon your desired Exceed Monster. An Exceed Monster's Rank is depicted by a row of yellow stars in black orbs (as opposed to the yellow stars in red orbs of a monster's Level) that extend outwards from the left-hand side of the card (opposite to where a monster's Level would be depicted).
• An Exceed Monster's Rank is not its Level. Exceed Monsters do not have a Level. Therefore, any effects that would refer to the Level of a monster cannot be applied to an Exceed Monster under any circumstances.

Exceed Summoning:

• In order to Exceed Summon an Exceed Monster, you must first take the required Exceed Material Monsters face-up on your side of the field and stack them together. Then, the Exceed Monster is Exceed Summoned from your Extra Deck, and placed on top of the stack.
• The respective battle positions of the Exceed Material Monsters do not matter, so long as they are all face-up. However, once you have Exceed Summoned your Exceed Monster, ensure that the entire stack is neatly aligned according to the Exceed Monster's battle position.
• An Exceed Summon is a type of Special Summon, and an Exceed Monster cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard or removed from play pile unless it was properly Exceed Summoned first.

Exceed Miscellaneous:

• Some effects may require you to remove Exceed Material Monsters from an Exceed Monster. In this case, the required Exceed Material Monsters are taken from beneath the Exceed Monster in question and sent to the Graveyard. Be wary though, as some such effects may have a sting in the tail should an Exceed Monster have no Exceed Material Monsters left beneath it.
• An Exceed Material Monster being removed from an Exceed Monster in such a manner does not officially count as that monster being sent to the Graveyard. Therefore, an effect such as that of Sangan will not trigger.
• Note that an Exceed Monster Special Summoned via any means other than an Exceed Summon will thus not have any Exceed Material Monsters beneath it. Therefore, any negative effects that might apply to an Exceed Monster in such a state will be applied immediately.
• It is currently unknown as to what happens to any Exceed Material Monsters beneath an Exceed Monster that is removed from the field. For the time being I believe it can be safely assumed that they are all simply removed in the same manner as they would be for the sake of an effect (in other words, sent to the Graveyard, but not officially).
• It is also currently unknown as to whether or not tokens can be used as Exceed Material Monsters. Until an official word is made, it is advised that you come to an agreement regarding this matter with your opponent in advance.

i believe that this will massively change the play of yugioh along with priority rulings if it takes place. what do you guys think ?

descriptionExceed Summoning EmptyRe: Exceed Summoning

more_horiz
Yea it will change the game for sure. I saw first reactions of people were pretty much as when Synchro came out. Many people are skeptic about new black cards but we still don't know much about plans of Konami. One thing is sure, the game advanced from its beginning till now so I think Konami would not make a new type of cards with no intentions to advance the gameplay.

Exceed summon will offer much more options to play style and yea its easy summon condition will make it faster than Synchro. I think game will be much interesting with this. Also things like Extra deck will have their reorder since we will have to find space for the black cards too.

What cards we can expect, well probably those monsters will be balanced in means of their effects because of their advantage in summon conditions. One way to do it is to use those material monsters as something like fuel or ammo. When its gone it affects Exceed monster in some way to keep it balanced with other cards. That is one way to do it.

For our KCVDS, it is still early to say but we will probably use RFG for those material monsters since KCVDS will not be updated for Exceed use.

more_horiz
People will always be hesitant about the changes affecting in their gameplay experience. Although they weren't so dubitative when Konami announced the Synchro Monsters release, probably because the game needed some sort of change after many years. I'm quite uncertain, exactly as I said, maybe is it too early to introduce a new category of monsters and summon type ? Just expected a new improvement for Rituals, seriously don't you think that Herald rules ?

Now, I cannot understand the people who say that Gadgets are going to be undoubtfully Tier 1. The materials are not Level 4 always but sure a new kind of OTK is going to hit the metagame like one year ago with the infernity release. The are also going to be hit by Konami of course xD. Starter Deck 2011, Exceed Startup from DT12 and Generation Force will bring us these miracles.

Perhaps the combo everyone is thinking of, and mostly interested in compared to other Exceeds, involves the Gadget swarm with Ultimate Offering. Just stack three couples of Gadgets until you end up with 3 "No. 39 Aspiring Emperor Hope" capable of inflicting 7500 points of damage. If that's not enough to end the game you can summon another Gadget and if your opponent has a good beatstick defending the field just lose some extra LP to grab it with Vylon Disigma which requires 3 Exceed materials.

more_horiz
yea i was sort of skeptical about synchros hitting field but mostly excited cuz we've been playing with same old glads and LS i think the game needed something like that.. but these are different they're much easier than synhros and the rank thing could lead up to complicated situations.

also its a bit scary when a control type like gadgets turn to an otk type

more_horiz
What ever Konaim added to this game , what ever Konami removed from this game .. They know that ALLOT of people won't disband this game. Instead they will learn how to play with the new monsters/cards/rules.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply