Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Which is the best Series of yugioh?

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+22
Metal Gear
Zane Truesdale
Heimdall
Rhonder
Sly
Crixus
Usagi_Koro
Exiled
GTempest
Harbinger
Charlie10289
LòKóS
Yubel
3raser
Neji
yami_ryuma
mimgrim
Nova Flare
Kimo Force
Jaden_Yuki--
Train
JudaiKudo
26 posters

descriptionWhich is the best Series of yugioh? EmptyWhich is the best Series of yugioh?

more_horiz
Everyone always argues about it. OH GX SUCKS. OR GX is the best. or 5d's is stupid, just on motorcycles. or 5d's has the best plot! Or ALL HAIL THE ORIGINAL! Instead of just arguing, lets settle this once and for all. Here is a poll of which yugioh series of the 5 is the very best.

http://yugiohpoll.webs.com/

The poll will keep track of the currently most popular yugioh series. If you want yours to win, then vote for it! It will take like 15 seconds at the most and for a great cause.

descriptionWhich is the best Series of yugioh? EmptyRe: Which is the best Series of yugioh?

more_horiz
are you trying to starts a hate thread? :I

descriptionWhich is the best Series of yugioh? EmptyRe: Which is the best Series of yugioh?

more_horiz
No! Thats what i'm trying to prevent. Instead of people arguing about it, we can just vote like a democracy Sad

more_horiz
I think people confused season zero with season 1 lol...

more_horiz
They easily may have. I didn't think of that at the time >.<

more_horiz
Well, at least we could safely agree that ZEXAL was in fact the worst.

more_horiz
Kimo Force wrote:
Well, at least we could safely agree that ZEXAL was in fact the worst.

True that, Kimo. Yuma is the weakest duelist out of all of the main characters in the YUGIOH Series.

more_horiz
mesh TBH i think all the yugioh anime out there sucks now ._. but that doesent mean the card game isnt great XD

more_horiz
yes it does ... this card game is awful x[ ... we play it only for da trollz or cuz we r bored

on-topic : all the ygo series are bad bad bad ...

more_horiz
First YGO with Atem and Yugi was boss.
Enough said.

more_horiz
Yugioh 5D's, why do you do the math whenever u synchro summon? If you want to do that, Konami can take you to PBS Sprout

more_horiz
there should have been a part in the poll that said yugioh anime sucks XD

more_horiz
yugioh 5d's, by far.

more_horiz
I'm gonna vote GX. If you can get past the horrible dubs and look at the way it gets progressively darker as the series goes on. And of course I'm in it. so a little bias there. I watch GX in subs so I can get by the voices and terrible renaming of everyone

more_horiz
Yugioh GX and 5ds are the best

more_horiz
I say original and 5Ds are kewl

more_horiz
It's all opinion... but by far the Original Duelist Kingdom and Battle City episodes were the best, especially with annoying Weevil.

more_horiz
Harbinger wrote:
It's all opinion... but by far the Original Duelist Kingdom and Battle City episodes were the best, especially with annoying Weevil.

True weevil is so evil ripping yugi's exodia

more_horiz
Charlie10289 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

True weevil is so evil ripping yugi's exodia

You mean throwing exodia overboard : D

more_horiz
mesh TBH everything but the original sucks :/

more_horiz
GX was pretty good, original was meh to me

more_horiz
the reason i say original was good because of duel island series being to summon mosnters with tribute and them having totolly weird effects XD that and summon a fusion mosnter with out the materials needed Oh Shit

but i did like what i saw of GX i jsut never bothered to try and watch it again :/ i only got to like episode 100 or so then lost track ._. so i jsut skipped over it

more_horiz
All in all, I prefer Zexal just for the fact that it's the most entertaining, albeit with annoying characters.

Then again, this is probably due to the fact that's I've been watching it pretty much every day to catch up.

Also, we at least have a character who is actually trying to learn the game from the beginning. Although, with Astral, Yuma is technically cheating too.

I never watched the original DM (as in the Japanese version), but it still holds up for me, mainly due to Dan Green.

As for GX and 5D's: I loved GX in the later seasons, but didn't like 5D's in its later seasons.

more_horiz
Yu-Gi-Oh the Original Series, no competition. Out of the Seasons I enjoyed Walking with the Dragons.

GX was decent, but I lost all respect with the series when 5D's was released aswell as Zexal. Both I detest.

more_horiz
1. GX
2. Original YGO
3. 5D's

I haven't watched Zexal. The reason for that is because it's not for the people who grew up with the original series and GX. Zexal is for a younger audience to get the younger generation into YGO.

more_horiz
Thus far, I like GX the best, but mostly because it was what was airing on TV when I was into YGO in the 7th grade or so (so 07 or wev). So I remember most of those monsters and stuff the best. That's the reason that the EHeroes are my favorites and all that jazz. I've seen a lot of the original series, though only through battle city, and most of that was when I was really young, and the whole thing flew way over my head. Not a bad show, and I really like that cast of characters, but eh, I think GX is just as good, albeit different. I can't judge 5Ds because I haven't watched it yet, except for the first episode, but from what I saw, it doesn't suit my fancy. I'll likely give it a shot at some point though. As for Zexal, I've only seen a few episodes of this one as well, but from what I've seen I like it better than 5Ds. I think that some of that is that I can relate with Yuma in being a newbie to the game, and picking everything up, instead of leaving one of the main characters friends to that job like in previous seasons (Joey, Syrus, idk was there one in 5ds?). And then of course, there's season 0. That's the only one that I've watched all the way through :3 I loved it! I liked how they had the series going (using several games) before it got cancelled. That one's technically my favorite, though I don't group it with the other yugioh's just because it's pretty much the same characters in a different show.

more_horiz
I prefer the original over all of them. I've known about the anime and card game since I was a little boy like, let's say, 10 years ago? Wow, that's a long time!

I loved the Battle City arc the most, and I thought Waking the Dragons was a wee bit boring than the rest. Just a bit.

I haven't watched GX or 5Ds, since I didn't like watching anything new by the time they came out. But once I learned about Synchro Summoning, I have the urge to at least watch 1 episode and see how far I go.

I'll just go ahead and say it, but I love ZEXAL. I loved every episode from it so far.

more_horiz
I'll just throw my input into this. The original is the greatest series out of the bunch by a landslide, there it next to no competition for me. I must say I enjoyed every season of the original with my favorite being Battle City and Grand Prix. Nothing beats seeing the evolution of the characters over the years.

GX was alright. It was refreshing at first and the Yugi appearances / references were neat but I definitely lost interest by Season 2. I found the later characters annoying and shallow (Jesse Anderson, Prof. Viper, Yubel, etc). Of course you can tell which character I favor the most out of GX.

5D's and ZEXAL are absolute garbage the way I see it. I don't like how they continue to hire the same voice actors for 5D's etc. Last I checked, Yusei had the same voice as Tristan Taylor which absolutely ruined the experience not to mention the idiotic idea of motorcycle dueling. I've never seen Zexal and never will, if I think Jesse Anderson is annoying I do not want to think of how Zexal is from what I can here.

more_horiz
Season 0:
Never watched it, I only read about it at the Wiki. Maybe some day I'll sit down and watch it.

Yugioh:
I love this very much and is my favorite Yugioh (dub, cause GX sub is awesome)! He Egyptian theme was something the other series still haven't matched or came close to being as cool. The characters were also enjoyable. The cons with this series for me was that Yugi always won, ALWAYS! He even found a crazy way to be Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, but lost to Joey?! (Since Joey gets his Red Eyes back, he must've beat Yugi)

GX:
The dub was alright, but the Sub was something so good I didn't know what I was missing until I saw it! Season 3 was far more mature than the 4 Kids dub with their "sent to the stars" as if we didn't know what death was... Sub was a lot better in many ways, and I can't even talk about Season 4 because I'll explode with joy! All I can say is that it was TOO cool for 4 kids! The character development in this show is unmatched, Jaden/Judaii changed as time when in, I really cared for the characters. Only bad thing with this show is that it takes a while to get interesting.

5DS:
Gave us the gift of Synchro Monsters, and started off with the story quickly. I liked a hated Yusei, he was cool but was far too skilled and him winning became easier than breathing after gaining Shooting Star Dragon. Some characters were great, others were just out there. The last arc was a disappointment as well, the villains just didn't prove why they were final boss worthy.

Zexal:
I can't really say anything until its complete, but for now, I'll just mention the fact that they actually set monsters is something that should've always been. Honorable mention to the Tron Brithers, keep the fan service going IV, and don't let people tell you Pink isn't cool III.

more_horiz
@metal gear i highly doubt that joey beat yugi, i mean seriously its yugi
back to topic:
original=#1 nuff said, i grew up with it and it was da best

gx was alright i didn't have a problem with it but it wasn't a particularly amazing show

5ds i have probably seen 1 episode so i can't say whether it is bad or not but seriously card games on motorcycles does not seem like it will be something i enjoy a lot

zexal i have not watched and i don't plan on watching due to the negative views that i have heard, and that it seems like it is becoming too childish

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply