Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMy Macro Monarchs EmptyMy Macro Monarchs

more_horiz
Ok here goes....

Monsters x14
Tributes:
Caius x3
Raizax2
Kurazx1 (for the draw engine)
Nontribs:
DDSurvivorx3
DDWarriorLadyx1
Heliosx1 (when I need a quick sac or meat shield)
Cybervalleyx1
Spirit Reaperx1
X-Saber Pashuulx1

Spells x12
DFissurex3
SoulExchangex2
MSTx2
DifferentDimensionalReincarnation(DDR)x1
Soulreleasex1
Darkholex1
CardDestructionx1
GrandConvergencex1

Traps x14
Macro Cosmosx3
DimensionalPrisonx2
Bottomlessx2
CEDx1
ReturnfromDDx1
MirrorForcex1
DarkBribex1
DivineWrathx1
SolemnJudgementx1
NordicRelicLaevateinnx1

Extra Deck x2
Iron Chain Dragonx1
Flamevell Uruquizasx1

Side Deck: x14
Monsters x3:
Cybervalleyx1
DDScoutx2

Spells x6:
Doublesummonx1
NoblemanofCrossoutx1
Soulexchangex1
BigBangshotx1 (in case of someone who plays def a lot)
MonsterRebornx1 (if someone gets rid of remove from play spells and traps quick)
GrandConvergencex1 (if opponent floods the field quickly)

Traps x5
Wabokux1 (for beatsticks)
RFDDx1
KarmaCutx1
Torrentialx1
DDDynamitex1 (if match is slow enough to remove more than half of opp's deck)

Well, there you have it....i know it sucks, but it's my first macro monarch deck build....it's been running somewhat slowly to where i mostly draw dfissure or macro cosmos so if any of you could do something to help me out i'd really appreciate it, thanks.

descriptionMy Macro Monarchs EmptyRe: My Macro Monarchs

more_horiz
OK. Three major problems. One, Monarchs are not draw heavy. Two, they need enough monsters to summon in order to be able to sacrifice. Three, you really have too many RFG cards, which makes a deck inconsistent.

Here's some suggestions:
-1 Kuraz (You do *not* need to destroy your own cards to draw. That's a big nono, especially since Monarchs themselves are normally a -1)
+1 Mobius (Top tier decks are setting 2-3 spells/traps, and a Mobius would help in almost all situations)
-1 Helios (You're going to want something better to sac)
-1 Cyber Valley (it's a 0 that ends your opponent's battle phase, assuming they don't remove it from play. Battle Fader would work better)
+3 Battle Fader (Same thing as Cyber Valley except you don't draw but keep a monster. That's much better in this case)
+3 D.D. Scout Plane (This is much better than Helios)

Spells
-2 Soul Exchange (You have *PLENTY* of targets for a monarch, you don't need to sac your opponent's monsters)
-1 DDR (Not necessary with the monster you have)
-1 Soul Release (You've got enough Graveyard hate already)
-1 Card Destruction (it's a -1)
-1 Grand Convergence (I don't even know what it does, but I can already tell you there's better things)
+1 Book of Moon (Staple)
+1 Giant Trunade (Staple)
+1 Monster Reborn (It's a staple, even if this is Macro Monarchs)

-1 Macro Cosmos (Brings it down to 5)
-2 Bottomless (Something better is missing)
-1 CED (You have monarchs for this!)
-1 Return from DD (Unnecessary)
-1 Divine Wrath (-1, reasonable for side)
-1 Nordic Relic (Not a very good card)

+1 Starlight Road (Your opponent will try to blow your stuff up, this is excellent card to have to protect your stuff)
+2 Solemn Warning (Stop your opponent's summons)
+1 Torrential (With DFissure it sends monsters out of play, so your D.D. monsters can come back)
+1 Royal Oppression (All the D.D. effects activate in the standby phase, your opponent can't negate them because they'll just try again)
+1 Dust Tornado (More hatred for back row and the option to set another spell trap is useful for this deck)

I think that's enough fixes from me. Hope that helps.

-Jin

more_horiz
Just one thing you got wrong Jin, if Royal Oppression negates the summon of the D.D. cards they can't come back, because Oppression negates their effects that Special Summon them and they do not activate again.
D.D. Cards wrote:
The effect of "D.D. Survivor" and "D.D. Scout Plane" can only be activated once per turn.

And i would keep the Compulsory Evacuation Device, other than that i agree with Jin.

more_horiz
I don't get why D.D. cards are not ruled like Treeborn Frog (They activate in the standby phase too) but that's OK.

more_horiz
Thanks! i just need to get 1 solemn warning and battle faders, but do you think that i should run a gk servant to lock down my opponent? or what about gk spies instead of helios for cannon fodder or targets? also there's this one guy i play against at school who runs these annoying skill drains, i can still summon dds with their effect, but my monarchs get nerfed.....besides mst, trundadel, and dust how should i counter this?

more_horiz
also i kinda disagree with starlight.....if i get stardust on the field it will do me no good except as a 2500 beatstick, which i already have monarchs for, since if i won't be able to negate an effect if it's removed...or at least it won't come back.

more_horiz
tinyfrodo wrote:
also i kinda disagree with starlight.....if i get stardust on the field it will do me no good except as a 2500 beatstick, which i already have monarchs for, since if i won't be able to negate an effect if it's removed...or at least it won't come back.

Stardust is literally just that, a 2500 beatstick. The main objective of Starlight Road was to negate the huge destruction by your opponent. The Stardust is just added bonus.

As for the Skill Drain, no easy answer. I would say side triple Dust Tornado.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply