Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionUnderground Arena Take 2 EmptyUnderground Arena Take 2

more_horiz
Alright, so my first idea didn't take flight, but I'm determined to make an Underground Arena!

So, here's a newer idea of mine. The Underground Arena will actually be separated into multiple sections, each with different rules that go along with them. Here are some of my ideas.

1) Cage Match - Monsters may not attack the turn they are Summoned.

2) Darkness Match - When a monster attacks, flip a coin and call it. If you call it right, the attack continues. If you call it wrong, the attack becomes a direct attack.

3) Electric Match - During each Standby Phase, the turn player rolls a die. That player takes damage equal to the die roll x100.

4) Masquerade Match - Monsters are treated as having no name.

5) Chain Match - Control of monsters cannot switch, and face-up monsters may not change their battle positions without a card effect.

6) Cave Match - Players may pay extra DP to add one banned card to their deck.

Also, not every match will have the same amount of DP. It depends on the difficulty. For instance, a Masquerade Match will not have as much of a prize as a Chain Match. They will vary. Also, the names I came up with on the spot, so they're not set in stone.

Anyways, so far, that's all the ideas I have. Please let me know what you think.

descriptionUnderground Arena Take 2 EmptyRe: Underground Arena Take 2

more_horiz
Ok this looks nicer BUT underground arena i think most of academmys have this or had couse i saw something like this someplace but i might be wrong its like a dejavu 2nd BUT people don't like the changing of the game rules 3rd BUT lets see what other staff think Smile)

more_horiz
Darkness, Masquerade and Chain matches not good idea. Others is enough. I think it doesn't require new category. Just open anpther topic called Undeground Mode Rules in Battle Arena. It would be nice. Smile

more_horiz
I kinda beg to differ. People don't normally like rule changes, however, if the right incentive is shown, people would be more willing to try it, in this case, large DP prizes.

And as for Darkness, Masquerade, and Chain matches, I think they're great ideas. They can bring great and original ideas to the fray, as well as force you to think on your toes, which I'm all for. Improvisation is my lover!

more_horiz
hmm.. listen these kinda changes to arenas are completely new to academies (contrary to what kira said)and needs to be accepted in community before allowed (officially). with that in mind.. we cannot allow an idea if most of the people dont accept it

personally i like the idea of diversity in arenas.. and seem fun to an extent
but it needs more approval to be allowed officially

more_horiz
BliTz wrote:
hmm.. listen these kinda changes to arenas are completely new to academies (contrary to what kira said)and needs to be accepted in community before allowed (officially). with that in mind.. we cannot allow an idea if most of the people dont accept it

personally i like the idea of diversity in arenas.. and seem fun to an extent
but it needs more approval to be allowed officially

So, should this be put to a vote by the people, or is this more of I should be waiting for 2 Administrators to accept, as it is usually? Or should we just drop it and let it die?

And I think Kira was referring to the name of the idea, and he's right in that regard. Also, not all of my ideas are unique, as I basically copied and pasted some ideas on. I don't really mind if this isn't accepted, cause I'm not really proud with all of the results. =P I'm someone who puts uniqueness overall, so I'll just try harder next time.

more_horiz
TheRingmaster wrote:
And as for Darkness, Masquerade, and Chain matches, I think they're great ideas. They can bring great and original ideas to the fray, as well as force you to think on your toes, which I'm all for. Improvisation is my lover!

They are good. But they are too new. It'd shuffle DA such changes in rules of somewhere.

more_horiz
BERKAY wrote:
They are good. But they are too new. It'd shuffle DA such changes in rules of somewhere.

...They what? If they're new, that's a good thing. That means that someone hasn't thought of it and brought it forth as an idea, which brings more originality to DA. And it wouldn't change the rules for DA at all, it would just attempt at more activity for the Arenas.

more_horiz
what if u just put all the rules together? O_O

more_horiz
Xenocider wrote:
what if u just put all the rules together? O_O

O.o I think that would cause an overload. Plus, it'd be a lot harder to remember every single rule at every single point in time, making it easier to make mistakes.

more_horiz
TheRingmaster wrote:
BERKAY wrote:

...They what? If they're new, that's a good thing. That means that someone hasn't thought of it and brought it forth as an idea, which brings more originality to DA. And it wouldn't change the rules for DA at all, it would just attempt at more activity for the Arenas.

Big changes mean big work and business. For this kind of new stuff, every Staff member must accept your idea.

more_horiz
BERKAY wrote:
Big changes mean big work and business. For this kind of new stuff, every Staff member must accept your idea.

How is this a "big change?" It's adding one Arena, a small idea, with few separate arenas for it. I could do it on my own site in less than 5 minutes, unincluding the GFX.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum