Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDecks? EmptyDecks?

more_horiz
I want to make a good deck, but I'm not familiar with the cards as I just got back into Yu-Gi-Oh. What are some good strategies and cards to use? Also please use "small words" because I'm not too familiar what a "D.A.D." deck is or a "X-Saber", etc etc. Thank you.

descriptionDecks? EmptyRe: Decks?

more_horiz
in the new format good deck would be the Naturia archetype, X-Saber were hit but they are still pretty damn good (they should have been hited harder)

more_horiz
Any deck can be good as long as you know how to use it Razz

more_horiz
The next format many decks will be affected by the banlist like Infernity, X-Sabers and Blackwings.The new meta as TrainHardnett said will be Naturia variations.

more_horiz
X-Sabers were barely hit.

Herald decks will be good as well since they got more from the banlist than what they lost from it.

more_horiz
I barely understand this.. Like I said, just got back into yugioh, before I wasn't too much into it besides dueling my bro before he decided it was a "nerd game" and quit. I had no one to duel so I also quit. Now I found out about yugioh online... So anyways, anyone care to explain what a Naturia deck is? Or an X-Saber, etc etc? Are they from the anime, tournaments, or did someone just come up with the idea of it and everyone knows what they are? Like for example, I know a Spellcaster Deck has to do with Dark Magician. So what does an X-Saber deck have to do with? A Naturia, etc?

more_horiz
Naturias and X-Sabers are what are called "archetypes" of monsters. "X-Saber" monsters all have "X-Saber" or "XX-Saber" in their names. "Naturia" monsters all have "Naturia" in their names. Other archetypes include Lightsworns, Gladiator Beasts, and Blackwings, just to name a few. A good majority of Archetypes are designed to work together and support each other while in a deck. And of course, each archetype has various Spells and Traps that support them.

Use this link: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

The Yugioh wikia is extremely helpful. It contains almost every card released in both the TCG and OCG, rulings, tips, deck types, and so on. Just look around.

If you want to get back in the game, I highly recommend buying 3 copies of the Machina Mayhem Structure deck.

They're not gonna be hit too hard by the Sept. 2010 Ban List, so Machina Gadgets is still a decent deck type. With 3 copies of that + a few staple cards (Mystical Space Typhoon, Mirror Force, ect), you'll have a fairly competative deck in no time.

It'll definetly be your best option for getting back into the game.

more_horiz
Thanks Jabber! I understood most of that! Smile And I only play online Yu-Gi-Oh now since I have no one to play against. I have a bunch of cards, and my friend might duel me, but I'm not too sure if he'll like it or not.

more_horiz
blckskippy wrote:
Thanks Jabber! I understood most of that! Smile And I only play online Yu-Gi-Oh now since I have no one to play against. I have a bunch of cards, and my friend might duel me, but I'm not too sure if he'll like it or not.

You should probably download both KCVDS and Hamachi. That's how a majority of people duel on this site. KCVDS is just as good, if not better than Yugioh Online. As with Yugioh Online, it gives you access to almost every card in the game.

KCVDS has just been updated to 1.25, which added a whole lot of new cards. They'll probably have to do another update so they can change the game's Ban List, though...

more_horiz
jabber2033 wrote:
blckskippy wrote:

You should probably download both KCVDS and Hamachi. That's how a majority of people duel on this site. KCVDS is just as good, if not better than Yugioh Online. As with Yugioh Online, it gives you access to almost every card in the game.

KCVDS has just been updated to 1.25, which added a whole lot of new cards. They'll probably have to do another update so they can change the game's Ban List, though...

What's the difference between KCVDS and Hamachi? Also I notcied in KCVDS you can either play from a Direct IP or a HAM. What's the difference between those? Does it have to do with the difference between KCVDS and Hamachi?

more_horiz
Hamachi =ham hamachi makes the connection between users more faster and to duel someone by hosting ham the opp must be in one of your networks in ham and kcvds is the game (kaiba corp virtual duel system)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply