Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

September ban list

+8
DrakonEX
MUFC
FSG
Train Heartnet
PowerNova
Evil_Bakura
Kira Amadeus
KakashiHatake
12 posters

descriptionSeptember ban list EmptySeptember ban list

more_horiz
Guys the new ban list have arrived

Banned:

Rescue Cat
Heavy Storm
Brain Control
Substitoad

Limited:

Black whirlwind
royal Oppression
infernity Launcher
Trishjula
monster Reborn
Dark Hole

Semi:
mystical space typhoon
Chaos Sorcerer
Snip hunter
Ojama Trio
magic Cylinder

Unlimited:

Black rose drag
Goblin Zombie
Cyber Dragon
Treeborn
Royal Decree
United We Stand

descriptionSeptember ban list EmptyRe: September ban list

more_horiz
Lol heavy storm and brain Sad happy for dark hole and reborn and mst and chaos and the unlimited Smile)
ARE you sure this is right?

more_horiz
Yes!

more_horiz
Yea this is the correct one.

I was expecting to see Cold Wave banned and some Saber stuff as well, but they weren't really hit that hard except for Cat.

more_horiz
Is this not the OCG ban list? Even so, they are almost always identical. Format may not be so bad to play in. Don't agree with banned Heavy or Brain. Otherwise, isn't too bad

more_horiz
Hope Seto puts the banlist fast :D

more_horiz
I expected Cold Wave to be banned instead of Heavy Storm (cuz of Starlight Road) and the card is simply broken but noo they had to ban Heavy Storm, poor BW they are getting hit harder and harder everytime. O.O Treeborn Frog is way too broken to be at 3 and Cydra at 3 bring back the good old Cyber OTK. New Meta = Naturia Decks

more_horiz
Yea you are right but i like some of the changes we can use call and monster reborn Smile

more_horiz
THE CAT CAN'T BE BANNED!

more_horiz
Why Monster reborn limited? Why not Premature Burial instead of it?
Stupid Konami..

more_horiz
YEY for the cat, i lost many duel because of this
HS banned O.o wow i didnt expect that... oh well atleast dark hole and monster reborn is good enought
Also im verry happy about the 3 Cyber Dragon is time for my Cyber Dragon deck to shine!!!

more_horiz
Nooooooooo Sad
Ze cat!

Damn I will miss her.

And btw agreed with MUFC.

more_horiz
3 Treeborn won't make that much of a difference compared to 2.

Premature Burial can be abused more than Monster Reborn which is probably why they brought back Reborn instead of Burial.

Seto will probably implement the new banlist shortly after it starts to be applied.

more_horiz
why would they ban Heavy Storm and limit Darkhole... makes no sense and Monster Reborn + Call of the Haunted out at the same time OMG

though on the bright side CS is at 2 and Goblin is at 3

but still not liking the new ban list

more_horiz
Btw guys this Banlist is the OCG one not the TCG , TCG gets released tommorow .

more_horiz
I'm wondering why Starlight Road, Pot of Duality, and possibly Rekindling haven't been touched.

I guess Rekindling hasn't been enough, but those other two I can see being on the list...

Not sure about this list yet. Guess I'll have to just play and find out.

more_horiz
Running more than one copy of starlight road is dangerous .

more_horiz
Info from UDA:
Banned:

Substitoad
Rescue Cat
Heavy Storm
Brain Control

Limited to 1:

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Infernity Launcher
Black Whirlwind
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole
Royal Oppression

Semi-Limited to 2:

Chaos Sorcerer
Snipe Hunter
Mystical Space Typhoon
Ojama Trio
Magic Cylinder

No Longer Restricted:

Goblin Zombie
Cyber Dragon
Treeborn Frog
Black Rose Dragon
United We Stand
Royal Decree

With the banning of Substitoad, Frog FTK is a goner. You can pretty much say the same about Sychro Cats with the banning of Rescue Cat. It is also going to slow down X-Saber decks that used it. With Heavy Storm gone, we're going to have find other ways to clear the opponents' back fields. I'm guessing the vast majority of us expected Brain Control to be banned and it is.

As many of us would have expected, Trishula is going to be at 1. Its just too damn broken. Same goes for Infernity Launcher. The limiting of Black Whirlwind is going to slow down Blackwings for sure. That's one of the cards that gives them their speed to begin with. I've got mixed feelings about Royal Oppression at 1. What really gets me is that how two of the most busted cards in the game are making a comeback. Monster Reborn and Dark Hole are just two cards that can potentially change the whole outcome of a game.

Chaos Sorcerer is back at 2, which is where I think that they got this right, in my opinion. I can't say the same about Snipe Hunter though. The fact that you can use it's effect more than once in the same turn makes it a real b***h. Back to the topic on looking for other ways to clear back fields, 2 Mystical Space Typhoons could help with that. I think Ojama Trio is a bit much at 2 for anyone playing Ojamas, or some sort of control or stall deck. Magic Cylinder at 2 is going to make a lot of people think twice about attacking.

As for cards that are no longer restricted, Zombies are going to be better and faster with Goblin Zombie at 3 to thin out the deck. Cyber Dragon is back at 3, which means 3 free beatsticks if you need them. Honestly, I was expecting Treeborn Frog to go down to 1. With this at 3, just think of the possibilities that have opened up now. Black Rose Dragon at 3!? I guess this is because it was hardly ever used in tournaments, and is considered to be a "staple" in the Extra Deck. United We Stand at 3 is overkill. This would make Morphtronics even more busted than they already are, especially when Power Tool Dragon gets thrown into the fray. You can pretty much expect them to be more competitive in the upcoming format. Finally, I think Royal Decree was just fine at 2. I think they're going to be overdoing it.

Here's a better look.

So that's the gist of it, ladies and gentleman. As this format draws to a close I've given my insight on these potential game changing cards. So now I want to know what you guys think about all of this! Give us your insights on the upcoming banlist!

more_horiz
I can only say one thing about the new ban list:" Screw the rules i topdecked Monster Reborn!"

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum