Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSix Samurai fix please :) EmptySix Samurai fix please :)

more_horiz
My whole strat I'm trying here is to get rid of those traps but I don't think most people really highly on traps anyways. Any ideas welcomed!!

Six Samurai fix please :) Sixq

2 Spirit of Six
3 Irou
1 Kamon
1 Nisashi
3 Yaichi
2 Zanji
2 Grandmaster
2 Shien
1 Enishi
3 Torapart
1 Card Trooper

1 Cunning of the Six (Should I add more of this or not use it?)
3 The Warrior Returning Alive
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Swords of Revealing Light
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Reasoning
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Giant Trunade
3 Nobleman
1 Brain Control
2 Smashing Ground

2 Royal Decree

Extra has only warrior syncros at the moment.

descriptionSix Samurai fix please :) EmptyRe: Six Samurai fix please :)

more_horiz
In my opinion, six samurais need some defense meaning it needs more traps, and besides some cards here are kinda useless in a six samurai deck. They can be competitive you know Smile I will help you...

Here are my fixes.

- 1 kamon
- 1 Irou
- 1 shogun
- 1 Yaichi
- 1 Cunning of the six samurai
- 3 warrior of returning alive
- 1 pot of avarice
- 3 nobleman
- 2 royal decree
- 1 trooper
- 3 torapart
- 2 smashing ground

You are missing key cards in this deck, so this is the fixes I will add

+1 Zanji
+3 Hand of the Six Samurai
+3 six samurai united
+3 gateway of the six samurai
+2 Book of Moons
+1 Torrential
+1 Mirror Force
+2 bottomless trap holes
+2 Dark Bribes
+2 Dimensional prisons

Also, I could not find rooms for 1 or 2 more cards i would have liked to add. So this is a personal choice but I would do this as well

- 1 swords of revealing
- 1 giant trunade

+1 Double-Edged Sword Tecnique
+1 Threatening Roar.

Hope these fixes helped you out. Six Sam rocks and are lots of fun to play with Smile

more_horiz
Sorta similar to Kyosuke's fixes:

-1 Irou
-1 Kamon
-1 Yaichi
-1 Great Shogun
-1 Enishi
-3 Torapart
-1 Card Trooper
+1 Zanji
+1 Grandmaster
+3 Hand of the Six

-1 Cunning of the Six Samurai
-3 The Warrior Returning Alive
-1 Swords of Revealing Light
-1 Pot of Avarice
-1 Reasoning
-1 Giant Trunade
-3 Nobleman of Extermination
-1 Brain Control
-2 Smashing Ground
+2 Book of Moon
+3 Six Samurai United
+3 Gateway of the Six Samurai

-2 Royal Decree
+1 Mirror Force
+1 Torrential Tribute
+1 Double-Edged Sword Technique
+1 Solemn Judgment
+2 Bottomless Trap Hole
+2 Dimensional Prison
+2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
+2 Dark bribe

more_horiz
Both reply's give some really beneficial changes but I have to ask before I make changes, Why "Six Samurai United"? It seems like it can so easily be a dead draw especially running 3 Gateways. Also you have to use the card initially and put 2 counters on it just to end up with only 1 extra card at the end?? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the card has high potential to hurt you more then gain. I would rather replace it with a more useful eff.

If one of you could recommend acceptable replacements for the 3 cards I would be happy. :D

more_horiz
Six Samurai United = Pot of Greed. Enough said.

more_horiz
Evil_Bakura wrote:

Great way to put it. I'll try to explain more into detail :D

I hope I can convince you, but here its how it goes. You have dark bribes, and solemns you cant set all your cards without worrying about heavy, mst ect.

Also, the counters work together which can create a "swarming" field of six sams if you get the draws. Trust me, you'd feel a lot safer knowing you have a Six Samurai United since it is the only draw power six sams has. I told you to add threat. roars for protection, Also your traps can protect and stall for a while..

Most of the times, you draw a grandmaster and another six sams and united too. So if opponents use cards like bottomless or trap holes on your six samurais, you would still get the counters...

If you do not need Six Samurai United to draw then you can "transfer" the bushi tokens to your gateway if its on field. So as you see gateway can also benefit from "Six samurai united" too.

Also if you have counters, you can remove to special summon grandmaster which is the pro in this deck. You might get 2 "Six Samurai United" or "Gateway" or sometimes even a combination of both with a six sam. You can put all of them on field so each card gets their share...

I hope you are understanding where I am coming from...

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Evil_Bakura wrote:

Great way to put it. I'll try to explain more into detail :D

I hope I can convince you, but here its how it goes. You have dark bribes, and solemns you cant set all your cards without worrying about heavy, mst ect.

Also, the counters work together which can create a "swarming" field of six sams if you get the draws. Trust me, you'd feel a lot safer knowing you have a Six Samurai United since it is the only draw power six sams has. I told you to add threat. roars for protection, Also your traps can protect and stall for a while..

Most of the times, you draw a grandmaster and another six sams and united too. So if opponents use cards like bottomless or trap holes on your six samurais, you would still get the counters...

If you do not need Six Samurai United to draw then you can "transfer" the bushi tokens to your gateway if its on field. So as you see gateway can also benefit from "Six samurai united" too.

Also if you have counters, you can remove to special summon grandmaster which is the pro in this deck. You might get 2 "Six Samurai United" or "Gateway" or sometimes even a combination of both with a six sam. You can put all of them on field so each card gets their share...

I hope you are understanding where I am coming from...

Yeah it makes allot more sense now, draw power that works together! :D I have one question about it though. Say I cant negate heavy storm, can I chain the tribute eff to it during either players turn?

more_horiz
I'll do testing like it is to see how the ratio goes, anything else you see as a immediate problem for the deck? Smile

Six Samurai fix please :) Six2

more_horiz
Not a big fan of Enishi.

Six Samurai United and all effects of Gateway of the Six are ignition effects, so they can only be activated in your own Main Phase 1 or 2.

Also try not to double post, but edit instead.

more_horiz
Well looks good.

I rather do

-1 yaichi
+1 Irou

imo, rest looks fine.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Well looks good.

I rather do

-1 yaichi
+1 Irou

imo, rest looks fine.

I'll do just that Smile

more_horiz
Well, come back after testing and post here, see if it makes any difference form what your win/lose ratio was with that deck.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Well, come back after testing and post here, see if it makes any difference form what your win/lose ratio was with that deck.

Already did the suggestions you all made worked well. I can see how the Six Samurai are supposed to be played now. :D I think just random games on KCVDS i won at least 9/10 with your guys build. The old build was like 3/10 so I knew the deck needed changes hahah xD

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply