Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Expectations for Septemper's 2010 Banlist

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+17
Ryan_N13
Evil_Bakura
PedroBR
PhantomX
BliTz
hamouda
MUFC
Ray1500
Train Heartnet
milo1996
Diamond
Kira Amadeus
DrakonEX
Anzo
Myst
Yami-Malik
EJ
21 posters

descriptionExpectations for Septemper's 2010 Banlist EmptyExpectations for Septemper's 2010 Banlist

more_horiz
This banlist has been posted many times in tcgplayer with variation in a card or two yet this seems the most reasonable one..
this doesn't mean that this banlist is official, but it's posted here to give ya an idea on what's expected to be banned/limited/semi-limited/released.

FORBIDDEN

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
Cyber Jar
Cyber-Stein
Dark Magician of Chaos
Destiny Hero - Disk Commander
Fiber Jar
Magical Scientist
Magician of Faith
Makyura the Destructor
Sinister Serpent
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Tsukuyomi
Victory Dragon
Witch of the Black Forest
Yata-Garasu
Dark Strike Fighter
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Butterfly Dagger - Elma
Card of Safe Return
Change of Heart
Confiscation
Dark Hole
Delinquent Duo
Dimension Fusion
Graceful Charity
Harpie's Feather Duster
Last Will
Metamorphosis
Mirage of Nightmare
Monster Reborn
Painful Choice
Pot of Greed
Premature Burial
RAIGEKI
Snatch Steal
The Forceful Sentry
Crush Card Virus
Exchange of the Spirit
Imperial Order
Last Turn
Ring of Destruction
Time Seal
RESCUE CAT - LIMITED TO BANNED

LIMITED

Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Card Trooper
DANDYLION (SEMI LIMITED - LIMITED)
Dark Armed Dragon
Elemental Hero Stratos
Exodia the Forbidden One
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Marshmallon
Mind Master
Morphing Jar
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
Night Assailant
Plaguespreader Zombie
Sangan
Snipe Hunter
Spirit Reaper
SUBSTITOAD (UNRESTRICTED - LIMITED)
Summoner Monk
XX SABER FAULTROLL (UNRESTRICTED TO LIMITED)
Left Arm of the Forbidden One
Left Leg of the Forbidden One
Right Arm of the Forbidden One
Right Leg of the Forbidden One
Black Rose Dragon
Goyo Guardian
DEWLOREN, TIGER KING OF THE ICE BARRIER (UNRESTRICTED TO LIMITED)
TRISHULA, DRAGON OF THE ICE BARRIER (IF RELEASED SOON)
Advanced Ritual Art
BLACK WHIRLWIND (SEMI LIMITED - LIMITED)
Brain Control
Card Destruction
Cold Wave
Emergency Teleport
Future Fusion
Giant Trunade
Heavy Storm
INFERNITY LAUNCHER (UNRESTRICTED TO LIMITED
Level Limit - Area B[/YGOCARD]
Limiter Removal
Megamorph
Mind Control
Monster Gate
Mystical Space Typhoon
One for One
Overload Fusion
POT OF DUALITY (UNRESTRICTED TO LIMITED) -- ONCE OUT
REASONING
Reinforcement of the Army
SCAPEGOAT
Swords of Revealing Light
Call Of The Haunted
CEASEFIRE
Gravity Bind
Magic Cylinder
Mirror Force
Ojama Trio
Return from the Different Dimension
Solemn Judgment
STARLIGHT ROAD (UNRESTRICTED TO LIMITED)
The Transmigration Prophecy
Torrential Tribute
Trap Dustshoot
Wall of Revealing Light
Chaos Sorcerer
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Tragoedia
Mezuki
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
Burial from a Different Dimension
Foolish Burial
Charge of the Light Brigade
Allure of Darkness
Mind Crush
Magical Explosion

SEMI-LIMITED

Destiny Hero - Malicious
Judgment Dragon
Lonefire Blossom
Chain Strike
Gold Sarcophagus
Magical Stone Excavation
Bottomless Trap Hole
Ultimate Offering
HONEST
Cyber Dragon
Demise, King of Armageddon
Treeborn Frog
United We Stand
Royal Decree
Royal Oppression
DESTINY DRAW - (LIMITED TO SEMI LIMITED)

No longer limited
SKILL DRAIN
GOBLIN ZOMBIE

Here are the reasons

RESCUE CAT - LIMITED TO BANNED -- This card is deserving of its
limitation. Beasts only get better with each set, the card itself is a
game changer in a number of different decks. I think this deserves ban
and I know I probably will get a lot of grief.
DANDYLION (SEMI LIMITED - LIMITED) -- We have all seen what this
abuse can lead to. This can be splashed into any deck just about and
limiting this would even things out
SUBSTITOAD (UNRESTRICTED - LIMITED) -- I am not a fan of going
from 3's to ban. Usually a list will work to try to make certain otks
and things along those lines to be slower or very difficult to pull off
in a new format. This will definitely slow things down.
XX SABER FAULTROLL (UNRESTRICTED TO LIMITED) -- Darksoul was a
thought but this card is far easier to abuse. If this is limited then
the rest of the deck takes a back seat and easier to combat.
DEWLOREN, TIGER KING OF THE ICE BARRIER (UNRESTRICTED TO LIMITED) -- This
card has a very easy otk with it but again no reason to go from 3's to
banned. This card was huge in OCG and will be at 1 for TCG as well.
TRISHULA, DRAGON OF THE ICE BARRIER (IF RELEASED SOON DESERVES IMMEDIATE LIMITATION) -- This
is probably my favorite synchro monster and this card is huge advantage
for infernity otk. still can be difficult to pull it off in other decks
so putting at 1.
BLACK WHIRLWIND (SEMI LIMITED - LIMITED) -- This card is huge in OCG and still a big part as to why blackwings are still seeing play here. Limitation is warranted here.
INFERNITY LAUNCHER (UNRESTRICTED TO LIMITED) -- It is just that gamebreaker of a card. Limitation
POT OF DUALITY (UNRESTRICTED TO LIMITED) -- ONCE OUT -- Probably
one of the most broken cards of the game. This card in 2s or 3's allows
for any deck to set itself up for the win. Needs to be at one.
STARLIGHT ROAD (UNRESTRICTED TO LIMITED) -- A card that negates
destruction and brings a 2500 beatstick to the field that also can
negate destruction deserves a limitation.
DESTINY DRAW - (LIMITED TO SEMI LIMITED) -- This is not being
seen as played at all. Keeping Malicious at 2 and this at 2 is a very
good idea. You might see a lot of variants trying to resurrect this idea
and since destiny heros are not looking to gain any support then why
not?
SKILL DRAIN -- (SEMI LIMITED TO UNRESTRICTED) -- this card is no more dangerous at 2 or 3 so no reason to keep this limited in any way
GOBLIN ZOMBIE -- (SEMI LIMITED TO UNRESTRICTED) -- Some Zombies
have gotten support with secret rares in the last few sets but still
have this limited. We could more variation in decks (which I am glad to
see now as there are about 4-5 decks at the top now) and more variation
means better gameplay in my opinion.

Well let the roast begin. What do you all think? I might have missed a couple but this is what comes to mind now.

descriptionExpectations for Septemper's 2010 Banlist EmptyRe: Expectations for Septemper's 2010 Banlist

more_horiz
I honestly think Rescue Cat will be banned, it is a table turner after all.

Dandylon limited of course, i dont see that card banned, but yes limited, it is used for many combos it gets a lot of advantages.

Substitoad bannes i guess, just read the eff.
And from the other ones, as u said it will happen.

descriptionExpectations for Septemper's 2010 Banlist EmptyRe: Expectations for Septemper's 2010 Banlist

more_horiz
Well i agree to all those mentioned above but i think you should include Ronintoadin to limited or semi-limited cards.

Also i hope the last things you said for Destiny Draw and Goblin Zombie come true!!

more_horiz
well, alot of cards here is thats god limited/simi-limited ... is weak cards that dont have to be limited even ... but the ban list ... guess rescue cat will be added there

more_horiz
Absolutely not, Yugi Muto..Every card in the list is effective when played in its archetype example : launcher,substitoad,flautroll ..others are just too abused such as dandylion..I believe it was actually a mistake semi limiting it.

Pot of duality is already getting abused in the OCG, good searcher and pretty general with no backdraws except for not being able to SS this turn which you can defenitely be affordable.

Dewloren and Trishula defenitely deserves limiting, yet i believe trishula needs a ban..it's just too good.
the only thing i found lame was Starlight road..i mean it's mainly run in 1-2s and maxin it would be overkill so limiting it isn't really effective.

Whirlwind : you really gotta check Japan's Nats...it's crazy 4 Blackwings are in top 8, there're even more 4 in top 8-16 as far as i remember.i'm just saying that blackwings are toooo far abused in OCG that people main 2/3 Consecrated light (Yes they main them in 3s) and that's one of the reasons Green-San topped 8.

@Myst : Ronintoadin..i heard it'd get a ban in other expectations beside some other rumors of Brain control gettin banned as well.

more_horiz
you got that point right EJ, but still Resuce cat is limited and that was well.. but banning it will be bad for those who have low amount of combos in their brains. still alot of those cards listed above can be replaced with cards that have almost the same effect.

more_horiz
Starlight Road beeing limited or semilimited? Iv seen that comming >.>. I hope Trishula will be only semilimited.

more_horiz
If they do anything to dandylion i'll kill my self
j/k

destiny draw Smile) i want it back i want to resurect my destiny plasma

Last edited by Kira Amadeus on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Yugi Muto wrote:
you got that point right EJ, but still Resuce cat is limited and that was well.. but banning it will be bad for those who have low amount of combos in their brains. still alot of those cards listed above can be replaced with cards that have almost the same effect.

it MUST GET BANNED...dark soul is just getting so much abused..i've not believed how sabers became till i dueled sam while he was proxyin cards. i was just watchin like ya know..it was a really fast game.

@ Kira : there's a big probability of you to die then..damn *thinkin of new admin* xD

more_horiz
As darksoul/fulhelmknight/emmersblade is TCG only, they might not get hit after all. Other than that, my list:

rescue and bcon and ronintoadin banned

dandy launcher bww faultroll pod poa substitoad limited

gob zob semi archfiend semi ddraw semi

Dewloren is already semi guys...

Btw, unlimit the transmigration prophecy 0_o

more_horiz
rescue cat, why, tell me why??? xD
that card save my a** too many times i think that it deserve that but i dont like that.

more_horiz
Rescue Cat is the following:

Battle Immune Beatstick(catastor)

Horus lv8( naturia beast)

Harpies Feather Duster (Hyunlei)

2800 attack beater with bcon eff(goyyo)

One-sided Jinzo (natruia barkion)

Deliquent Duo (2 airbellums)

2 gold sacros/2 immidiate sangans (2 darksouls)

more_horiz
Finally that damn cat is going to be hit cuz it's just way too broken to stay, i don't agree with limiting Dandylion (cuz tokens simply don't run good vs some decks that top a lot) The other changes are good. I always hope for the return of Dark Magician of Chaos but that will never happen (hope i am wrong).

more_horiz
Dmoc can return maybe, as we wont have any decent spell to revive at all, with the ban of bcon

more_horiz
Train Hardnett wrote:
Finally that damn cat is going to be hit cuz it's just way too broken to stay, i don't agree with limiting Dandylion (cuz tokens simply don't run good vs some decks that top a lot) The other changes are good. I always hope for the return of Dark Magician of Chaos but that will never happen (hope i am wrong).
They Would Return Magician of Faith before Dark Magician Of Chaos.

more_horiz
Yes, but as you see konami seems to hate spell ressurrection

more_horiz
NEW Banned:
Rescue cat - No comment, pure brokeness.
Substitoad - Too broken.

NEW Semi-Limited:
XX-Saber Faultroll
Infernity Mirage
Allure of darkness
Destiny draw
Emergency Teleport

NEW Limited:
XX-Saber Darksoul
Infernity Launcher
Judgment Dragon

That's my opinion as well.

more_horiz
LOL MUFC i love your banlist Smile)

more_horiz
i totally agree with what ruby said..
anyway @ mufc : although JD is too broken but it's only usable in its own archetype and can be stopped in many ways via mbaas/starlight road/oppression/skill drain or w.e

and flautroll is still too good in 2s..not enough to stop the loop..and bannin cat doesn't make dark soul that broken so one of them is enough...

more_horiz
LS are perfect as they are, not broken, not weak

faultroll deserves to be limited, but they may limit darksoul, but they won't limit both for sure... (probably faulroll)

the kitty wasn't banned for years, why should they ban it now? I don't think the kitty will be banned... broken, but it's acceptable at 1

meh I don't want him to touch froggies D: frogs still hasn't showed all their powers in tcg, so I don't think it's time to hit them ;D

limiting launcher seems possible, but they may decrease the infernities power by limiting infernity archfiend/mirage

Pot of duality is such a stupid broken card which they didn't have to create! no1 will be surprised if they limit/ban it

starlight road limited lol I don't think it's going to happen, it won't have much effect on the game xD

BWW doesn't deserve to be limited :S (I never used sackwings so idc^^)

other than this the banlist seems to be very close to the truth

I wish that konami will surprise us in this banlist, the last banlist was awesome ;D

more_horiz
honestly i dont like cat to be banned cuz its just awesome, but if u go outside of kcvds with naturias and darksoul its as broken as it gets . .

Starlight Road pretty much deserved to get limited or even banned, think about it . . you get to bring out a beast like stardust with its crazy effect while protecting ur cards

Faultroll is pretty broken when u use it at its archetype.

BWW kinda deserved to be limited in my opinion

but on the other hand i cant wait to get destiny draw at 2, cuz it might ressurect some old decks, also goblin at 3's is pretty sweet as well

more_horiz
@Blitz

Starlight Road Shouldn't Be Banned >.> True it Brings out Stardust but You Can Only Use His Effect Once and you can't Special Summon him anymore. It's Not That Broken At All.

more_horiz
Brain control banned?

That card win games alone.

more_horiz
Banning substitoad is wrong, just kills the theme. If you want to stop the frog FTK ban ronintoad or driver, not substitoad. As for X-saber, blame darksoul, with out it the deck aint tier 1. Get it to 0 and the deck dies.

I want to see mezuki and D-Draw back to 2 @_@

more_horiz
No one thinks Cold Wave or Giant Trunade will get hit?

more_horiz
Cold Wave and Trunade? No, Konami will make sure they stay where they are.

more_horiz
Cold wave and Trunade are bad cards for this game, they will ban one of them, why not both?
Brain control wins games, also Trap Dusthoot in open hand is Auto-Win, they might ban those cards too.

more_horiz
No I dissagree with MUFC why ban them cards are ment to harm but not to much if they limit trap dustshoot and ban trunade or cold wave they should make MST semilimited

more_horiz
i don't believe in cold wave/giant trunade gettin banned.
because logically if hitting Starlight road..means heavy storm back and banning cold wave/giant trunade would be so contradicting.

maybe trapdust shoot...yet it's not abused that much.

more_horiz
Hitting Starlight Road?? No one uses 3, very few use 2, most use 1, so it would have to be banned to have much effect, which will not happen.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply