Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSynchro in Duel Links - Good or Bad? EmptySynchro in Duel Links - Good or Bad?

more_horiz
With the recent teasers that synchros are getting released and judging by the icon change to Yusei on the game, we will be getting the 5Ds world really soon. A lot of people are complaining saying that "synchro is bullshit and duel links was supposed to be for the oldschool players" well it has been 3 years since DL got released and in order for it not to remain stale I really like that we are getting this update. GX world was a complete hit but it sped up the game so much with archtypes like destiny heroes and Dark Worlds etc. It is possible to spam the board now and to finish up your opponent in 1-2 turns if you draw your combo.When the synchros get out though I have a feeling that the characters released will bring their ace monsters with them, which means that you will have access to all 5 dragons just by unlocking the characters, which is crazy strong. Stardust dragon is like mad strong in DL since you cant destroy cards while he is there you have to summon a bigger monster to get rid of it or play dark cores. Black rose will have its broken use as usual and there might be some combos with ancient fairy and powertool dragon as well. That might mean that most decks will be synchro oriented decks and the others will be synchro countering decks. Other problem is that you will have only 5 extra deck slots giving you almost no flexability - you would have to focus on summoning the same monster every game and hope it works. Quasar decks or Red Nova Decks if those cards get released will be almost impossible to summon with the 3 monster slots.

Well that is what I think about that, what do you think guys - are synchros good or bad for the game and are we expecting XYZ's in an year?

descriptionSynchro in Duel Links - Good or Bad? EmptyRe: Synchro in Duel Links - Good or Bad?

more_horiz
i think stardust dragon might be too over powered to be in the game. and i'm pretty sure Starlight Road will be a character level reward. So i hope they add some generic card destruction and removal. And some more generic attack modification card. RDA and SD are too easy to summon and hard to jump over. I also think BWs might be too consistent. But i will enjoy some tuners that have been missing from some archetypes.

descriptionSynchro in Duel Links - Good or Bad? EmptyRe: Synchro in Duel Links - Good or Bad?

more_horiz
So far which synchro archtypes did we get without the tuners and the synchros? I can think of some XYZ focused decks but Synchro not so many. I mean there is a mechaphantombeast Synchro but they have XYZ's too. Also there are Fire Fist synchros but I don't think that we gonna get Horse Prince and the others.

more_horiz
I was thinking about Fables, Ice Barriers and Mecha Phantom Beast. mecha phantom beast, just has a couple of turners that i want in the game. like beast o-lion. and clearly Brio and Trish wont be in the game but i think Gungnir and Dewloren will be ok to add.

more_horiz
Just pray that Assault mode Stardust wont get released with dragunities.

Quickly scanning through the monsters that I own I found : Fabled, Ice Barriers ,Karakuri, Laval, Mist Valley,X-Sabers that we had before the release of the 5D world. If we get the synchros for those it might be crazy. You cant really spam Karakuri's like you spam it with 5 monster slots but the drawpower might be too good.Trish sounds like game over if you bring her out and Gungnir sounds like a very decent generic synchro. Dewloren probably will create some loop as he always does with face up cont spells or monsters that can be spammed so I would say no Dewloren. Brio with errata might be released. Rekindling seems like will be out soon (only 3 monsters summonable at same time so not so crazy). Also big guy Gottoms probably will be released too with the hand loop lol.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply