Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDinos for Dummies: True King Dino Guide EmptyDinos for Dummies: True King Dino Guide

more_horiz
Dinos for Dummies: A Guide to True King Dinosaurs

Dinos for Dummies: True King Dino Guide Ultimate_conductor_tyranno_by_parrydox-db0s8pl

As the Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime enters a new era of futuristic virtual monsters it’s satisfying to see the release of a deck that can deliver a prehistoric pounding in exactly the sort of fashion one might expect from a deck whose cover monster is a 20-foot tall, electrified Tyrannosaurus Rex. It is a testament to the deck’s power that the aforementioned T-Rex is seen as an optional extra. Dinosaurs have the ability to all but close out the game in the first turn and with the ability to search out all of the necessary combo pieces in a variety of ways, the deck’s consistency is a major asset.       

In this article, I will detail a few effective combos to show how to develop a strong first-turn board, as well as taking a look at some effective tech cards the deck can take advantage of. The best advice I have to being successful with this deck is to play with it. The combos detailed below will help you out in most situations, but the more you play with the deck, the easier it is to see how to pilot the deck in more unconventional situations.

The crux of the True King Dinosaur deck is a 2-card combo ending in a board that prevents a number of decks from even playing in the next turn.

Base Combo

Cards Required:
Dragonic Diagram + Babycerasaurus/Petiteranodon

Steps:

Step 1 – Activate Dragonic Diagram and destroy the baby dinosaur in hand
Step 2 – Add Lithosagym to your hand, summon Souleating Oviraptor from the deck and use its effect to search for Babycerasaurus
Step 3 – Normal Summon Babycerasaurus
Step 4 – Use the effect of Oviraptor to destroy Babycerasaurus and summon one from your grave
Step 5 – Summon Babycerasaurus from the deck
Step 6 – Special Summon Lithosagym from hand, destroying both babies and banishing 3 cards from your opponent’s Extra Deck
Step 7 – Special Summon Jurrac Aeolo and Miscellaneousaurus from the Deck
Step 8 – Synchro Summon Denglong, First of the Yang Zing and use its effect to send a True King to the grave
Step 9 – Xyz Summon True King of All Calamities using Denglong and Lithosagym
Step 10 – Banish Miscellaneousaurus and 3 other Dinosaurs from the Grave. Summon a Level-4 Dinosaur from your deck.
Step 11 – Xyz Summon Laggia or Dolkka (usually Laggia)

Final Board:
True King of All Calamities + Laggia/Dolkka
This combo is usually more than enough to prevent your opponent from playing; however there are ways to extend this combo if you run the necessary cards.

Combo Extenders

Dinos for Dummies: True King Dino Guide 32c3db7b9e1dfbea5bf7f9c53bd42097d16c5de9_hq
Instant Fusion
Opening an Instant Fusion allows you to end with Bahamut Shark and Toadally Awesome OR Naturia Beast on board. In this case the combo should look like this:
Step 10 – Activate Instant Fusion and summon Norden. Summon Miscellaneousaurus from grave for Bahamut Shark or Jurrac Aeolo from grave for Naturia Beast.
Step 11 – Use the effect of True King of All Calamities. Declare Water if summoning Bahamut Shark or Earth if summoning Naturia Beast
Step 12 – Summon either Bahamut Shark or Naturia Beast
Step 12.5 – If Bahamut Shark was summoned, detach Miscellaneousaurus to summon Toadally Awesome
Step 13 - Banish Miscellaneousaurus and 3 other Dinosaurs from the Grave. Summon a Level-4 Dinosaur from your deck.
Step 14 – Xyz Summon Laggia (or Dolkka)

Delinquent Trio
This is another combo that uses Instant Fusion and the Base Combo. This combo allows you to banish 3 cards from your opponent’s hand. However, this is not recommended as it 1) uses a lot of valuable space in the Extra Deck and 2) leaves you with no protection. The base combo is generally far safer. This combo should be considered to be “high risk/ high reward”.

Proceed with the base combo as normal:

Step 8 – Synchro Summon Trishula using Miscellaneousaurus, Oviraptor and Jurrac Aeolo and banish a card from your opponent’s hand
Step 9 – Xyz Summon Phantom Fortress, Enterblathnir using Trishula and Lithosagym. Detach Lithosagym to banish another card from your opponent’s hand.
Step 10 – Banish Miscellaneousaurus and 3 other Dinosaurs to summon a Level 4 Dinosaur from your deck
Step 11 – Activate Instant Fusion and special summon Sea Monster of Theseus
Step 12 – Synchro Summon Cloudcastle and use its effect to special summon Lithosagym from the graveyard.
Step 13 – Xyz Summon another Phantom Fortress, Enterblathnir to banish another card, or Xyz summon True King of All Calamities for a safer board.

Dinos for Dummies: True King Dino Guide Tumblr_nj6b7otRhJ1rie4kjo1_400

Important Cards Outside of the Combo

Ultimate Conductor Tyranno
Spoiler :

Notice how Ultimate Conductor Tyranno wasn’t mentioned in the entirety of the combo section? It essentially acts as a better version of a BLS but for Dinosaurs. It can be searched by Souleating Oviraptor if you already have all of the combo pieces in your hand to provide additional disruption during your opponent’s turn, or to qualify an OTK during yours. It has massive potential for disruption as a Book of Eclipse that only affects the opponent and has little to no drawback. By destroying a baby dino you can also summon Oviraptor in your opponent’s turn, which allows you to search for another Dinosaur from your deck, gaining you advantage while disrupting your opponent.

True King Agnimazud, the Vanisher
Spoiler :

Used as an alternative to Lithosagym, Agnimazud can be used to destroy a baby dino as long as you have a Fire monster. Has utility in retrieving Lithosagym from the grave and can also be used as non-destruction removal if you have 2 Fire monsters. Handily, it is possible to destroy Laggia with Agnimazud once its negation has been used, making it much easier to resolve the banishing effect.

Tyranno Infinity

Spoiler :

Tyranno Infinity can be a useful target to summon with Miscellaneousaurus if performing the combo after Turn 1. If summoned this way, it will have a minimum ATK value of 4000. It is fairly easy to raise its ATK over 10000.

Fossil Dig

Spoiler :

Searches baby dinos, Oviraptor and Miscellaneousaurus. It can also search Tyranno Infinity for a hefty attack later in the game.

Dinos for Dummies: True King Dino Guide True_king_agnimazud__the_vanisher_by_parrydox-daw5mu3

Useful Tech Cards

True King Bahrastos, the Fathomer

Spoiler :

Despite a lack of targets to summon it, if Bahrastos is destroyed by a card effect, which isn’t exactly hard in this deck, you can Special Summon another True King directly from your deck, meaning that it isn’t necessary to use Denglong to summon True King of All Calamities

Dogoran the Mad Flame Kaiju

Spoiler :

It’s a searchable Kaiju. Can be summoned by Babycerasaurus for some Kaiju protection as well.

Set Rotation

Spoiler :

Set Rotation allows additional consistency in searching for Dragonic Diagram. It’s also a quickplay spell, which can be useful if your opponent is running Dragonic Diagrams of their own. Requires you to play additional field spells, though and it’s unlikely that you’d want to use more than 1 Set Rotation in a game.

Lost World

Spoiler :

This is actually a very good field spell, just not as good as Dragonic Diagram. Souleating Oviraptor can attempt to destroy the token it summons, allowing you to destroy a baby dino in your deck and special summon a dinosaur from the grave. Also prevents your opponent targeting any monster with a card effect while they control a token.

Magical Mid-Breaker Field

Spoiler :

If you choose to run Set Rotation, consider running this. It completely locks your opponent out of playing field spells, unless they destroy it. However, it’s not a good card to draw into and you don’t really want to run more than one.

Rescue Rabbit
Spoiler :

Hearkening back to the days of Dino Rabbit, Rescue Rabbit is a 1-card Bahamut Shark -> Toadally Awesome play. Sadly this little critter is still limited, but that doesn't mean it isn't a tech option to consider. The downside to Rescue Rabbit is that it uses up your normal summon and with the quick effects of today's format and Dimensional Barrier running rampant, Rabbit isn't as effective as it used to be. On the plus side, though, if your opponent flips D-Barrier, Rabbit provides 2 2k vanilla beaters in the form of Megalosmasher X.

Dinos for Dummies: True King Dino Guide Megalosmasher_x_by_jacmaz-db0myzh

So, there you have it: A basic guide to the cards and combos of a True King Dino deck, which, in my opinion, has the potential to be one of the best decks of this format, especially for more budget players. The deck’s consistency allows you to almost always open with a powerful combo, but also has the ability to play at least reasonably well in the grind game. For interest I will post my deck list below and if you have any questions or I missed anything out please let me know.

Spoiler :

Last edited by Olethros on Mon May 15, 2017 8:17 am; edited 2 times in total

descriptionDinos for Dummies: True King Dino Guide EmptyRe: Dinos for Dummies: True King Dino Guide

more_horiz
Thank you for this article Olethros. It sure helps me learn this trashy deck D:

descriptionDinos for Dummies: True King Dino Guide EmptyRe: Dinos for Dummies: True King Dino Guide

more_horiz
This was for me wasn't it? Razz

more_horiz
But, of course! Wink

more_horiz
Kudos, Ollie. Y'all could create a Professor rank, where people could churn out articles, say, once every two weeks in return for the position

more_horiz
Ya that is nice

more_horiz
Can anyone tell me what those last trap cards in his side are?

more_horiz
Unending Nightmare @BlackJack

more_horiz
My question is how is the True king Dino vs. Domain Master Peace turbo matchup?

more_horiz
If you go first you win. If you go second you sometimes win.

more_horiz
Just some constructive criticism:

I believe this guide to be quite lacking. You left out the alternate combo to bring out the standard board if you open a true king + baby + secondary dino instead of opening Diagram + Baby. You also left out the alternate hands for a Calamities + Laggia + Naturia Beast board that don't use instant fusion.

In addition to that, you didn't even mention the Ultimaya + Crystal Wing/Void Ogre/Beelze + Yang Zing Monster + Pillars board that you only need to add two cards to the main deck to be able to use. Not too many builds use it, but some do, and it's worth mentioning. Nor did you include the Conductor + Denglong + (potentially) Pillars combo that you can go for if you open neither a True King nor Diagram.

You also didn't include ANYTHING about how to play the deck besides basic first turn combos or simple explanations of certain cards. Such as playing around Calamities by activating Miscellaneousaurus to be able to activate Oviraptor effect later that turn. In fact, you didn't even talk about Miscellaneousaurus at all besides its use in the basic combo.

Now the parts of the deck/combos that you DID talk about you did a good job of explaining, however I find this guide to be VERY incomplete.

Last edited by Trickster on Wed May 17, 2017 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Now that you mention it ya your right.

more_horiz
Trickster wrote:

I believe this guide to be quite lacking. You left out the alternate combo to bring out the standard board if you open a true king + baby + secondary dino instead of opening Diagram + Baby. You also left out the alternate hands for a Calamities + Laggia + Naturia Beast board that don't use instant fusion.

In addition to that, you didn't even mention the Ultimaya + Crystal Wing/Void Ogre/Beelze + Yang Zing Monster + Pillars board that you only need to add to cards to the main deck to be able to use. Not too many builds use it, but some do, and it's worth mentioning. Nor did you include the Conductor + Denglong + (potentially) Pillars combo that you can go for if you open neither a True King nor Diagram.

You also didn't include ANYTHING about how to play the deck besides basic first turn combos or simple explanations of certain cards. Such as playing around Calamities by activating Miscellaneousaurus to be able to activate Oviraptor effect later that turn. In fact, you didn't even talk about Miscellaneousaurus at all besides its use in the basic combo.

Now the parts of the deck/combos that you DID talk about you did a good job of explaining, however I find this guide to be VERY incomplete.

You should write some articles for DA sometime. Just saying. No sarcasm or anything, I am being serious Smile

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Trickster wrote:

In addition to that, you didn't even mention the Ultimaya + Crystal Wing/Void Ogre/Beelze + Yang Zing Monster + Pillars board that you only need to add to cards to the main deck to be able to use. Not too many builds use it, but some do, and it's worth mentioning. Nor did you include the Conductor + Denglong + (potentially) Pillars combo that you can go for if you open neither a True King nor Diagram.

You should write some articles for DA sometime. Just saying. No sarcasm or anything, I am being serious Smile

Aw thanks pal. <3

more_horiz
Trickster wrote:
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Trickster wrote:

Aw thanks pal. <3

But I am for real, write us some articles. Smile

Also, Olethros is a basic articles, hence for "dummies" like returning players, or players who do know much about Dinos. I believe he did overall a good job in explaining it, and dumbing it down for the dummies.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Trickster wrote:
kyosuke kiryu wrote:

Aw thanks pal. <3

But I am for real, write us some articles. Smile

Also, Olethros is a basic articles, hence for "dummies" like returning players, or players who do know much about Dinos. I believe he did overall a good job in explaining it, and dumbing it down for the dummies.

Maybe I will write an article sometime. And yeah like I said he did a good job when it came to explaining the parts he did explain. It's just that even a guide for dummies, the guide felt lacking. Not every hand is going to open Diagram + Baby/Pet, and for the hands that don't have that specific combo, this guide doesn't explain anything.

Again, not to take a slight, those were just my opinions after having read it over as someone who's tested the deck way too much.

more_horiz
I was considerig addig in the alternate combo, but mainly i wanted to keep it simple and give an overview of what the deck does. This was basically a pilot article I was asked to write and put together in a couple of hours. It's exam season! If people want a fully in-depth definitive guide I can for sure do that.

EDIT: I'm also in the middle of my testig so I was kinda reluctant to include stuff I hadn't actually personally tested, which is why I haven't added in the Tzolkin combo or the combos you can do with the water TK. Thanks for the opinions though, will help infuture Smile

more_horiz
I would love it if you went SUPER in depth.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply